• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

PoshPorcupine

PoshPorcupine

Still wanna kms
Oct 30, 2023
Hey there! I'm new (and on a phone) so sorry if I'm doing this totally incorrectly, please bear with me.

I attempted yesterday with Potassium Chloride and obviously it didn't work. The ones I have are in a big box and in a powdered form. It was expired (about a year), so I'm not sure if that or the dosage had anything to do with it. I'd assume that it being expired would, yknow, not make you feel very good, so thats why I said screw it and took it anyways.

I took about 4 or 5 packets of the stuff, spacing each packet out a little but downing the powder all in one go. I also drank it with some apple juice because it tasted horrible. This morning I've woken up having trouble breathing and my chest feels weird. Should I give it another go? How much more? Any other advice?

Thanks so much!

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
Isn't Potassium Chloride just a dietary alternative for the usual Sodium Chloride?

Are you mistaking it for another chemical?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
That works only IV not oral!

Last edited:
Reactions: PoshPorcupine
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
That works only IV not oral!
Thank you for the clarification, I also forgot to recommend a much much higher dose, since LD50 is only for 50% of the people. Edit, i'll even delete it so no misinformation is spread thanks to me.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and PoshPorcupine
Egg

Egg

Aug 7, 2018
According to the Wikipedia article, the median lethal dose ( LD50​ ) of orally ingested potassium chloride is approximately 2.5 g/kg, or 190 grams (6.7 oz) for a body mass of 75 kilograms (165 lb).

190 grams is a lot of salt. How many grams did you get from your 5 packets? Was it close to 200?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Should I give it another go? How much more? Any other advice?
KCl works only IV, as I said in my post above. It's said to be painful so you'd need other strong sedatives/anestetics. Afaik KCl is one of the injections in executions in the US.

Probably a bit difficult to administer everything IV alone. I think you should consider other methods but that's up 2 u.

PoshPorcupine

PoshPorcupine

Still wanna kms
Oct 30, 2023
Isn't Potassium Chloride just a dietary alternative for the usual Sodium Chloride?

Are you mistaking it for another chemical?
I don't think so? What I had was in a prescription box, and it's for sure got potassium in it where sodium chloride (I think? I may be silly) doesn't.

C

ClownWorld2023

Arcanist
Sep 18, 2023
I don't think so? What I had was in a prescription box, and it's for sure got potassium in it where sodium chloride (I think? I may be silly) doesn't.

It's apparently used in lethal injections, but I think ingesting it would not be feasible.

You'd need to ingest a large amount similar to regular salt (Sodium Chloride).
Aside from the fact that it would taste horrible, you'd most likely vomit it out too.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
PoshPorcupine

PoshPorcupine

Still wanna kms
Oct 30, 2023
It's apparently used in lethal injections, but I think ingesting it would not be feasible.

You'd need to ingest a large amount similar to regular salt (Sodium Chloride).
Aside from the fact that it would taste horrible, you'd most likely vomit it out too.
Haha yeah, it definitely didn't taste good. But I'll take that into account. Thank you.

D

DepressedChemMajor

o7
Oct 24, 2023
Hi, if the KCl you took also had NaCl, then it won't work as it technically opposes the action of KCl. KCl makes the muscle relax but NaCl makes them contract, so they cancel each other's effect.
I'll be happy to help if you have any questions regarding KCl, just message me :)
I'll be happy to help if you have any questions regarding KCl, just message me :)

Last edited: