• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

I

I will go soon

Apr 9, 2018
Actually when I was a baby I was about 15 minutes from dying from dehydration I was told. My parents were visiting a country where the water wasn't as safe to drink when I was 3 months old. I don't remember anything from that though. Maybe I wish it would've happened then. I was a pull of the trigger away another time though, I felt nothing, I felt numb, you can feel many things though. It depends on the kind of person you are, your surroundings, why you want to die, etc. There is a such thing as a survival instinct. You should be fine as long as you can handle the taste and be secluded long enough.

Luke

Luke

tired
Apr 11, 2018
It feels similar to when you're really tired or sleepy, lay down the bed and instantly fall asleep.
The next thing you know it's morning. Except there is no morning.
There's the ICU instead, bright lights a tube in your throat and a machine beeping.

You remember not long ago downing your perfect cocktail, and wondering what the fuck went wrong and how to get out of here to try again.

iamthezero

iamthezero

Fiend Queen
Jun 22, 2018
I was driving once, passed out behind the wheel and ended up in a bayou. I was woken by feeling the water began to fill the car. It was a very numb and dissociating feeling. Once my adrenaline kicked in, didn't feel much physically or emotionally. I was sadly 6 inches from hitting a cement block along the bank.

shattered dreams

shattered dreams

Student
Jun 5, 2018
I am no stranger to death. I literally was born dead. I ended up being a breach baby and I suffocated on the way out of my mom. The damn doctors revived me. :angry: I should not be here, and would not have if the doctors did not intervene. :angry:

Around 5 years ago, I actually had my own little apartment. I used to drink 20 shots of vodka a day, every day as I limited myself to that. One day I was really drunk and eating some steak. I started choking, so I went to the fridge to drink some water to clear it. It always worked before, but it did not this time. Then I kept coughing and coughing and I started fading out. I saw stars everywhere and it was an euphoric experience. Then, right before I passed out, I reached down my throat and pulled out the piece of meat I was choking on. I do not know why I did that as this would have been a guaranteed death and it was painless. I lived alone so no one would have saved me. Again, I do not know why I saved myself. It was not a conscious decision.

iamthezero

iamthezero

Fiend Queen
Jun 22, 2018
I am no stranger to death. I literally was born dead. I ended up being a breach baby and I suffocated on the way out of my mom. The damn doctors revived me. :angry: I should not be here, and would not have if the doctors did not intervene. :angry:

Around 5 years ago, I actually had my own little apartment. I used to drink 20 shots of vodka a day, every day as I limited myself to that. One day I was really drunk and eating some steak. I started choking, so I went to the fridge to drink some water to clear it. It always worked before, but it did not this time. Then I kept coughing and coughing and I started fading out. I saw stars everywhere and it was an euphoric experience. Then, right before I passed out, I reached down my throat and pulled out the piece of meat I was choking on. I do not know why I did that as this would have been a guaranteed death and it was painless. I lived alone so no one would have saved me. Again, I do not know why I saved myself. It was not a conscious decision.

I always like to think there's a small part of myself fighting to save me. Whether I as a whole appreciate it or not. There have been a few times I've intervened, looked back and regretted it.

T

TooLate2582

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Depends on your definition of "almost"....

Seeing the light that everyone talks about? No.

Have I been in situations that could have easily led to my demise? Numerous times. Whitewater rafting and falling out, then swimming through Class V rapids, occupational hazards and such.

It's a rush in that sense and it's why I continue to take those risks including maintaining employment in a profession that has a high level of danger.

It's totally different than the reasons that bring me here.

S

Suicidalsamurai

Jul 22, 2018
I was one of the very small amount of people who has Ingested more than 20grams of Dextromethorphan and survived
In theory, it would have slowed my brain activity down and send me into a comma, then leading to death after a few hours when the peak levels kicked in and my heart stopped. Instead I went into a 3 week coma and was put on a machine that kept my heart beating
All I remember is an intense feeling of peace, not bliss, not euphoria, just peace and acceptance. I (thought) I knew I was going to die, and I felt content with that fact. Then I passed out and I could still think, I couldn't feel anything though. It was just like having my eyes closed but I couldn't feel my body. I thought that I was dead, and that this was the afterlife. Just silent contemplation, for eternity. It wasn't even that bad, I felt so at peace knowing I could finnaly just relax and exist without stress or anger. Then I woke up. And I was fucking pissed.

ForestDuck

ForestDuck

Jul 11, 2018
I was one of the very small amount of people who has Ingested more than 20grams of Dextromethorphan and survived
In theory, it would have slowed my brain activity down and send me into a comma, then leading to death after a few hours when the peak levels kicked in and my heart stopped. Instead I went into a 3 week coma and was put on a machine that kept my heart beating
All I remember is an intense feeling of peace, not bliss, not euphoria, just peace and acceptance. I (thought) I knew I was going to die, and I felt content with that fact. Then I passed out and I could still think, I couldn't feel anything though. It was just like having my eyes closed but I couldn't feel my body. I thought that I was dead, and that this was the afterlife. Just silent contemplation, for eternity. It wasn't even that bad, I felt so at peace knowing I could finnaly just relax and exist without stress or anger. Then I woke up. And I was fucking pissed.

Oh wow. Thanks for sharing your story! I've heard many people feel at peace. It's insane how you survived, but maybe it might be a sign that your time isn't up yet? Maybe you can change your life around? For me, I'm waiting for two bottles of N, once I get those I will probably drink them on the same day, ensuring I'm away from everyone so I can die in peace.

• Hugs
Reactions: ImsooDone1N
T

Tiburcio

All that you said sounds extremely pleasant, I will think in this next time irratonal fear posseses me. I would be really grateful if it works.

T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
im talking about bleeding out here and not from cutting in my experience, mine was natural disease causes, but I think people should be prepared that as you lay bleeding out and you feel the life energy leaving your body you don't seem to hold on to wishes of death and actually can end up clinging onto life.
I did ask for DNR forms even though I was only 20 but still was thinking about what I would do if I survived.
We are all very programmed by TV and all media we consume so nerdy people have wrote all the scripts making it look romantic when it's very messy there's stuff that happens they don't show you in movies like blood shit pouring out of us and we're too weak to clean ourselves up, and for people with family who are only vampiric and a medical establishment that's broken... Yeah it's not something to wish for when I see people saying "oh I wish that happens to me" unless you've really thought about it.

xsa

xsa

No respect for myself anymore
Oct 7, 2023
Many times, all of them were suicide attepmts. The closest I was to dying was when I took around 10grams of acetate. i know, shitty method + i would need like 10 grams more to actually die, but i was young and it was the only thing i had at that time.

• Hugs
R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
Only accidentally, I got some cables around my neck and they went taught. I could tell I was blacking out, there wasn't any pain and no panic, just a peaceful feeling like going to sleep. I don't know when I came to, or how close I was, but never forgot that feeling.

• Hugs
Justnotme

Justnotme

Mar 7, 2022
Only accidentally, I got some cables around my neck and they went taught. I could tell I was blacking out, there wasn't any pain and no panic, just a peaceful feeling like going to sleep. I don't know when I came to, or how close I was, but never forgot that feeling.
Did I understand correctly that you were almost electrocuted because of the wires?
I don't understand if the translator program translated your text correctly...
or did you mean that you were accidentally strangled with a wire?

R

Redacted24

Might be Richard Cory... or not
Nov 20, 2023
It was because I was being strangled, not voltage.
I've been electrocuted too, and that is not at all peaceful. That's a feeling I do not want to feel again!

• Aww..
Abyssal

Abyssal

I’m sorry, please just forget me.
Nov 26, 2023
Had a rather intense attempt once, it's all a blur and I was never told the severity of the situation or how close I was. So maybe?

• Hugs
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
I have had two near-death experiences, and both of them were very different. Unfortunately, I am not sure hearing someone else's story will prepare you for how you will feel.

That said, the first was when a car flipped over the median on the highway. I just barely dodged them, and it is a wonder that I didn't lose control of my vehicle with how fast I was going. The anxiety and relief I felt in the aftermath was nothing special. I have felt worse coming off of a roller coaster.

The second was when I nearly OD'd on a prescription medication I had mixed with alcohol. It sent my heart into a dangerous arrhythmia. If I had been older and/or had heart disease, I may not have survived. I am sure the alcohol played a big role in this, but the simultaneous feeling of complete calm and sheer panic was a mindfuck. It is like my mind was split cleanly in two. One part of me thought I was going to die and wanted me to do everything in my power to avoid that outcome. The other agreed that death was near but was consumed wholly in embracing the experience like some sort of sick thrill. All I could think at first was that it was funny I had found death on accident when I had dreamed about it for years. In the end, I stayed up for hours upon hours until my heartbeat returned to normal. I had this instinct that if I allowed myself to sleep that I would die for sure.

Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
This has happened like 4 times to me and it's the worst. When I was in elementary school I had this custom of sleeping with a pillow covering my head. I just remember waking up with my head under the pillow and my face buried in the bed feeling like I was holding my breath. I tried moving my arms as hard as I could but my body was deeply asleep, but in the end I could or else I wouldn't be here telling this. Panic, panic is all I can say.

Raindancer

Raindancer

Experienced
Nov 4, 2023
Twice, once I almost drowned and then I had cancer. Both times all I remember are panic. With cancer, I remember my vision, slowly going dark, like down to a pin point of light and then nothing. Waking up was not a pleasant experience either.

BlessedBeTheFlame

BlessedBeTheFlame

All things are nothing to me
Feb 2, 2024
I once nearly drowned in a swimming pool once, but got "saved" in time. In truth, I often wish I had drowned back then, so I wouldn't have to grow up to be the failure I am nowadays.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

Master of Misery
Nov 25, 2023
I did some stupid shit as a teenager including crossing a sort of bridge over a river while being high as a kite. I almost fell over at one point.

• Hugs
Silent Raindrops

Silent Raindrops

The Darkness Awaits Me
Feb 3, 2024
I had my near death from hanging a few years ago in the woods. I had used a tree limb for the rope and did what I needed to do. I remember while hanging there the sun was fading and everything went black.

I don't know how much time went by, but when I came to, I was laying on the ground. The branch had broke, and I was laying on the ground with the branch across my waist.

Act Two

Act Two

Happy thoughts in shards, all over the floor.
Jan 29, 2024
I had an accident when experimenting with electrical engineering. I was young, probably 8 or 9, and wanted to build a sort of laser maze, so I was using a light-activated night light as the sensor for whether the laser was tripped.
Long story short, I went to measure the voltage as a precaution, but instead of being 5 volts like it should've, it was the full power of a wall outlet at 220 volts. It arced to my fingers on both hands, so the electricity was running through my body and my heart, and locked my muscles so I couldn't let go.
Though I was experiencing indescribable amounts of pain, I was calm. It was an almost peaceful feeling. I wasn't content, but I wasn't upset, either. I sort of figured that would be the end and just accepted that.
My brother was able to pull me back by my shirt and I live to tell the tale.

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Yes. I had a nasty fall while mountaineering, back in 1978 in the Pyrenees. While it was happening I was neither scared nor in pain; my brain was concentrating on managing the situation. Some boulders broke my fall, and I hit them feet first not head first, so I survived. Apart from cuts and bruises I was unharmed. It only hurt afterwards.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
thetruetato

thetruetato

Jan 1, 2024
If you have almost died, can you please explain the feeling? I want to know I'm actually dying and not feeling pain when I take my N so I know what to look out for.
I almost succeeded in ending my life by hanging myself (fully suspended) with a door, but while I was uncontrollably thrashing around I accidentally stood back on the chair. I can't really compare the physical pain of N and hanging, so I'm not sure what you would experience with that. Dying is a very broad term, and it can describe quite an assortment of situations.

S

searchingforpeace

Student
Nov 26, 2022
It feels similar to when you're really tired or sleepy, lay down the bed and instantly fall asleep.
The next thing you know it's morning. Except there is no morning.
There's the ICU instead, bright lights a tube in your throat and a machine beeping.

You remember not long ago downing your perfect cocktail, and wondering what the fuck went wrong and how to get out of here to try again.
This makes sense because this life is more or less a dream and if you successfully die you probably wake up from the train to something much better if not you're screwed

Diantha Pearnut

Diantha Pearnut

Jan 16, 2024
I had an overdose and passed out a few minutes later and had no pain
Oh.
I almost succeeded in ending my life by hanging myself (fully suspended) with a door, but while I was uncontrollably thrashing around I accidentally stood back on the chair. I can't really compare the physical pain of N and hanging, so I'm not sure what you would experience with that. Dying is a very broad term, and it can describe quite an assortment of situations.
I also use that method of putting the end of the noose, and attaching it to the door. For me, I was only using a blue stool and a belt that I stole from my dad.

throneofdispair03

throneofdispair03

is a mistake
Jan 10, 2024
partial hanging failed and woke up on the floor about 30 minutes after attempt. I was awake for 10 seconds, then absolutely nothing. a dreamless sleep would be an accurate way to describe it. there was no pain whatsoever, but is was a blur and a barley remember it.

• Aww..