• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

kilowatt

kilowatt

Hi why me
Sep 9, 2023
I'm not quite in recovery but I'd do anything to get rid of the crippling loneliness that's haunting me. I don't understand what's wrong with me and why everyone rejects me when I try to form mere platonic friendships. I can say I have a few pals I can speak more freely to but there's absolutely no one I can call a close friend. I know no one's gonna be there for me if I ever need something, I have no one to rely on (not even my family). I tried so hard to get friends, both in real life or online, but really no one seems to stick around for more than 2 weeks or actually show they enjoy time spent with me. The only people that ever clicked with me are very little and now gone forever.
For the past few weeks I've been so overly sensitive and consumed to the very brim by my own thoughts and loneliness. A lot of people I know distanced even from me because of it and I don't know how to handle it.
I would really appreciate any tips on how to improve my situation, either getting friends or finding comfort in being alone.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Marine, Somebody, NoRespawn and 1 other person
-nobodyknows-

-nobodyknows-

Jun 16, 2024
After finding someone, yes.

The problem is keeping them around.

Reactions: kilowatt
H

Hollowman

Empty
Dec 14, 2021
I never get lonely but I'm not sure exactly how I got this way. Brain damage from dozens of psych meds most likely.

Marine

Marine

Make love win against fear šŸ¤
Jul 5, 2020
I'm not quite in recovery but I'd do anything to get rid of the crippling loneliness that's haunting me. I don't understand what's wrong with me and why everyone rejects me when I try to form mere platonic friendships. I can say I have a few pals I can speak more freely to but there's absolutely no one I can call a close friend. I know no one's gonna be there for me if I ever need something, I have no one to rely on (not even my family). I tried so hard to get friends, both in real life or online, but really no one seems to stick around for more than 2 weeks or actually show they enjoy time spent with me. The only people that ever clicked with me are very little and now gone forever.
For the past few weeks I've been so overly sensitive and consumed to the very brim by my own thoughts and loneliness. A lot of people I know distanced even from me because of it and I don't know how to handle it.
I would really appreciate any tips on how to improve my situation, either getting friends or finding comfort in being alone.
I feel you. I have the same issue with both romantic relationships, I've been single forever, and friendships, and I can't understand why and no one I've consulted on this could figure it out either as there is no rational reason. I'm guessing it must be unresolved trauma programming but I've been unsuccessful at everything I've attempted to resolve it so far.

As human beings we can never live alone or "be comfortable" alone for very long, bonds are a vital need and that's precisely why I'm dying...

I'm with you in needing to figure out how to get out of this worst of hell before it's too late, especially after 3 failed CTB attempts...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Joarga and kilowatt
P

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Yeah.

You miss something you're trying to fill with people. For me, it was realizing I could be well on my own. Have my projects, my hobbies... I found out I didn't need anyone to do any of those things. And, besides, for many, relationships don't help, they can contribute to one's unwellness.

Just think they seem very good, but they're actually a trap. You actually want something deeper. Your desires will change accordingly

Humans can indeed go bondless for long periods of time, and be well. There are many documented cases, and loneliness is completely possible to work on. Survival instinct, to cover basic needs, those are the ones embedded in your mind. Social ones? No, and even if they were, they aren't in the same scale at all. It will be hard, but you can overcome that, as many who did before.

Last edited:
  • Hmph!
Reactions: Marine
C

cryptoinvestor

Jul 12, 2024
yes, when i got a cat, i felt a lot better

• Love
Reactions: kilowatt and greebo6
G

greebo6

Enlightened
Sep 11, 2020
Loneliness.....Got used to it but sadly never got rid of it....

Grimpoteuthis

Grimpoteuthis

Your deep sea friend
Jul 1, 2023
This is definitely not the best solution, but have you tried talking to AI? It is ironic how AI can be better at listening to you and comforting you than most people in your life