Merith

Merith

Oct 24, 2019
I know that hanging generally isn't considered the most peaceful method, but I've had experience with a half attempt (a demo or test, if you will) that I want to recreate for final results.
In the test I am referencing, the rope properly closed around my neck and immediately caused my consciousness to fade. I didn't even have full control over my muscles; I became massively weak over my body over less than five seconds of partial hanging. It was very peaceful as I was rapidly losing the capability to think and interpret pain; it was just lights out from there. I was barely able to reverse it due to reasons below. After restoring blood flow, I was standing, completely weakened and winded, for about two minutes; SI barely gave me the strength to climb the platform I dropped from, since I couldn't exit at that moment. I was so weak during the recovery, that I nearly collapsed while the ligature was still around my neck, in which case it would have been game over. (This is why the megathread explicitly says to not try this until you're ready.)
I have a location outside alongside a deeply forested area where I plan to go from soon - the reason I didn't let myself exit fully during the successful demo, is because this "demo" was inside the home. Neither I, nor the people I live with, need anyone (EMS) storming inside our house right now. It's also a new home that I don't own, and deaths inside the home generally decrease property value. They also don't need to be the ones to discover me. It wouldn't have negatively affected me in the slightest, if I did end up dying from the demo, but I also can make this situation better for the people I live with by doing this elsewhere.

All other attempts (including previous ones where death is the intended result), only have caused very uncomfortable gagging / a constricted airway (causing raspy breathing), or very uncomfortable pressure on the Adam's apple which felt like someone jamming a rock into my neck. It's also caused a "head-full" feeling at times. All prolonged suffering and nothing like the immediate blackness I got from the first example. I want to make the example that I described consistent for the future, but I don't have any idea how. I vaguely feel blood pumping when I feel my neck, but it is never strong.

I use a slipknot with the knot arrangement resting horizontally on my C7 vertebrae. The issue is, when I try to hang, the knot slides up my neck until it tightens around my lower jaw. If it tightens before it hits my lower jaw, it forces my Adam's apple up and this is extremely uncomfortable. If I position it higher from the start, I generally only get breathing issues. In either case, I don't pass out quickly. I'm sure that I would still become unconscious given enough time, but still, should I use another type of knot?

I want to replicate the first aforementioned demo - how do I ensure I exit via strangulation and not by suffocation? I don't want to survive long enough on the rope to be able to feel the onset of a stroke, I don't want to feel a heart attack or cardiac arrest. If I don't immediately pass out, and I'm permanently stuck in the "head full" state, I anticipate that it would become the most painful death imaginable. I just want to be gone in the same instant the knot tightens, and I know it's possible. Positioning the knot above or below my Adam's apple makes no difference. I've read the wiki and the megathreads and couldn't get much good info from them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Silvermorning
Silvermorning

Silvermorning

The polar bears made me do it
Oct 10, 2020
should I use another type of knot?

any knot will do, even a belt, in my case what it feels better is a scarf. The slipknot is the best for it;, but what matters , is if for you to find the sweet spot, where you feel you are about to pass; but without choking. Might take you several tries; and materials, each anatomy is different.