• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

hamnspammaam

hamnspammaam

Hammy
Jul 15, 2019
Alrighty. This partner thing is taking too long, so I'm on my own. I don't trust the whole jumping thing will work. I am not near any high areas and I can't drive, but there are low bridges along the running trail I use. I plan on hanging off that. I'm about 58 kg would the rails support my weight? I'm not really worried about anyone finding me because there are no lights on the bridges. It's just forest and at the time I usually run the only ones with light are the cyclist that zip past. I don't think they'll notice or care about a black knot on one of the rails. What else should I consider?

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653 and Sargasm
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I would read the Hanging megathread

Reactions: gingerplum and Sargasm
Sargasm

Sargasm

Compassion makes the world go 'round.
Jun 19, 2019
I second that advice.

Also, what are the rails made of? Wooden boards nailed in place? Metal bolted down? Do they budge at all if you push or pull on them?

Reactions: gingerplum and hamnspammaam
hamnspammaam

hamnspammaam

Hammy
Jul 15, 2019
Well I read it but it doesnt say anything about hanging off bridges? Idk maybe im overthinking it.
I second that advice.

Also, what are the rails made of? Wooden boards nailed in place? Metal bolted down? Do they budge at all if you push or pull on them?
Metal bolted down and not really

Reactions: Sargasm
Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
May I ask why you want to do it outside rather than in your home? I would be concerned of kids finding my body and being traumatised by it

hamnspammaam

hamnspammaam

Hammy
Jul 15, 2019
May I ask why you want to do it outside rather than in your home? I would be concerned of kids finding my body and being traumatised by it
I live with 7 other people. Higher chance of getting caught and I got nowhere to fully hang. That partial thing might work but I don't trust myself to fully go through with it. I doubt they'll find me but why should I care about that?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
I wish you luck in whatever you do, Sargasm above has a good point to make about the strength of what you are anchoring the rope to. Anything that is constantly exposed to the elements will get weaker over time.

Reactions: Sargasm
MidLifeCrisis

MidLifeCrisis

Sep 21, 2019
Is the bridge high enough for a "long drop" hanging? That would be my preferred method, ensuring enough of a fall to break the neck (or even decapitate) so that death is instant. But I don't think I could go though with hanging myself anyway.

hamnspammaam

hamnspammaam

Hammy
Jul 15, 2019
Is the bridge high enough for a "long drop" hanging? That would be my preferred method, ensuring enough of a fall to break the neck (or even decapitate) so that death is instant. But I don't think I could go though with hanging myself anyway.
I wouldnt say it's a long drop but enough to have a full suspencion hanging.