Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Sigh_Sigh_Sigh

Mar 9, 2023
I always thought hanging was a fool proof ctb method that was until a old friend of mine attempted to do just that and it went wrong.

From what I know he used a rope around his neck and was suspended in mid air and could have been there for upto a hour in the hallway of his home through the loft access hatch. A family member returned home and found him hanging down lifeless. Ambulance was called, the rope was cut and the guys heart beat was restored and he was rushed to hospital.

The guy was placed in Intensive Care where he was incubated and lay there in a vegetative state. CT scans were carried out to see the extent of brain damage however the scans did not show anything out of the ordinary at the time of admission so a further scan was scheduled for the morning however overnight the guy had a heart attack and they were unsuccessful trying to restart his heart this time around.

Hearing what had happened I'm totally put off by the thought of hanging now. I always thought it was likely the best method in terms of risk factors and simplicity but this story of a former childhood friend has certainly made me reconsider the method as it doesn't seem to me that it's such a simple guaranteed pain free way out.

Reactions: Bells and CharizardEX
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
At least that person is at peace now and didn't have to exist with brain damage, failing the hanging method and suffering much more as a result sounds horrifying. It's such a hellish world where assisted suicide isn't legalised and where people have to resort to risky, barbaric methods instead. It disgusts me how we aren't allowed to just die in peace despite the fact that we were so cruelly forced to suffer in the first place by being brought into existence, sadly suicide just isn't straightforward.

Reactions: kipper
Division Day

Division Day

It's life that scares me to death
Oct 28, 2023
It's definitely not pain free (it might be theoretically possible to pass out in 5 seconds, but it won't happen to you) or simple (how do you feel about tying a knot that has to support your weight, potentially thrashing around, for a long time?) and the only guarantee is if you do it right and you're not going to be found for hours. And the risks if it goes wrong are huge.

I'm glad your friend is at peace now and didn't have to suffer as a result of someone trying to save him.