D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
Growing up in Dubai- and coming from a relatively privileged background- I remember beautiful mansions, swimming pools and well-kept streets lined with bougainvillea, jasmine and palm trees. Sunny almost every day. Beautiful blue skies. On a basic level, it had everything most ppl could dream of. And yet I still suffered from depression and had no close friends at school. Even if life may seem exciting on a superficial level, in reality, life is not easy. As I'm on anti-depressants, I'm not as depressed as I used to be. But, still life is not smooth sailing & I never want children. Mostly, I just study & watch reality TV. Hear me?

I also think, on a deeper level, there is hidden suffering & tragedy in life. Going through Youtube, and watching music videos, I was struck by the resignation in Dua Lipa's eyes. Also, Zayn Malik looked a little sad in his latest Youtube videos. Understand?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Source Energy, Sensei, WornOutLife and 1 other person
L

lost_soul83

Wizard
Jan 7, 2019
I am so sorry you're suffering the way you are. Anyone can be depressed no matter their background. Still no one deserves that, no one.

Reactions: Sensei and Deleted member 23885
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I hear you and I agree with you.
That's why I think money and material stuff can help a lot but don't mean absolute happiness.

Depression doesn't distinguish upper classes from lower classes

Reactions: lost_soul83, Sensei and Deleted member 23885
D

Deleted member 23885

Experienced
Nov 18, 2020
I hear you and I agree with you.
That's why I think money and material stuff can help a lot but don't mean absolute happiness.

Depression doesn't distinguish upper classes from lower classes
Life is easier if u r rich rather than poor. Although, it doesn't make a lot of difference unless you live in absolute poverty. There was this Bollywood actor, Sushant Singh Rajput, who hung himself despite all his success.

Reactions: WornOutLife