• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

AscendedBeing

AscendedBeing

Feb 15, 2023
After not working for a year due to my previous alcohol addiction and digging myself in a hole cause of it I finally got a job. It's not much but it's a start and I hope things go according to plan. I'm gonna try my best to give this life ONE last decent try before i consider ever CTB again. I've got enough motivation as of now to get to where I wanna be and do what id like to do in this life and I hope it stays that way. The truth is I'm not ready to go just yet. I've got a few things left on my bucket list to do before I really consider it regardless of what happens. All I know is I just need to do good and remind myself it's only 2 years of saving and staying at this dead end fast food place and then I can move onto something bigger and much better. I really hope this works out as much as I hate this line of work it's my only option at this point and I can't afford to screw up this opportunity as it's my lifeline for the next year or two. Please wish me luck with this as I'll be needing it and if you read this far thanks for your time I hope you too get to do all of those things in life that seem out of reach as well much love❤

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
Good luck, my friend, and lots of strength. Take things as they come to you, don't lose sight of your goals, and always be kind to yourself. You've got this.

thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Good luck! You can do this. You are stronger than you think. It's very admirable that you are starting again and rebuilding your life. Keep going and things will get better eventually.

AscendedBeing

AscendedBeing

Feb 15, 2023
Good luck, my friend, and lots of strength. Take things as they come to you, don't lose sight of your goals, and always be kind to yourself. You've got this.
Thank you so much! I plan to reward myself every now and then until I reach my first goal and then as time goes on continue to do so here and there to help keep myself going. If things get tough ill come back here and possibly reach out to someone. I don't have any IRL support systems and most of my online ones don't get it but you people here seem to very well and I'm glad that's the case cause it's hard to come by these days and can make things very hard even though I enjoy being alone most of the time.
Good luck! You can do this. You are stronger than you think. It's very admirable that you are starting again and rebuilding your life. Keep going and things will get better eventually.
Thank you ❤ I've come to this conclusion after some very hard thinking and looking at possible alternatives and analyzing the possible outcomes of paths I see available and I figured I've got a decent chance to get to where I wanna be as long as I stick to the plan and hope for the best.
That's awesome. Stay strong. I hope this will eventually take off.
Thanks for having Faith in me i hope so too. Anyone who's come to a low enough point mentally to come across this site deserves to see a 2nd chance at a possible better life. I truly believe in some cases people can if they take some time out of their current environment and really really think about things and just maybe they'll see that grasp of chance/hope that I wish others had/did.

Last edited:
Lon

Lon

Dec 29, 2022
It's worth it man, been there and done that. Life can be beautiful sometimes, so keep trying. :)

Absolutely Mad

Absolutely Mad

Apr 10, 2023
I wish you good luck and genuinely hope that you will succeed.

If you found strength within yourself once, I think you can find it again.
And as people mentioned here, don't forget to be kind to yourself. It is vital for mental health.

manta

manta

Mar 26, 2023
I hope this second chance goes well for you. I am wishing you the best of luck and I know you can make it through this.

Figure out how to believe in yourself and know that you're exactly where you need to be right now in your journey. It will get better