• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
When i see goodbye threads i feel like i've done a grave sin for staying this long, there's a lot of people getting their ticket and riding the bus, and what i am doing? Goodbye threads makes me reflect back on myself and how lazy i am and motivates to start being more active in pursuing suicide methods, i just want to be on the other side, death seems amazing, i'll start by taking drugs to change my mood to be able to start pursuing suicide, i should start experimenting with riskier methods and just waiting for the perfect circumstances to suicide, it's not like i'll ever find SN

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Arachno, thebelljarrr and 8 others
rokonie

rokonie

Jun 3, 2024
This is a feeling I know all too well from being in other mental-illness spaces. Whether we mean to or not, we're going to subconsciously compare our suffering to those around us and feel less valid or not doing "enough" because it seems like there's always someone who is more in pain, has more guts, etc. I think if you see someone ctb and your response is that you feel bad for not pursuing it just as much, that's definitely not normal (to a non-suicidal person's standard), you aren't being lazy.
I respect your choice to do whatever you think is best for you ofc, I wasn't saying that to talk you out of it. Your post just related to stuff I feel a lot and if anyone else doesn't feel like they're trying hard enough or anything, I wanted to reassure that you don't need to be actively trying to ctb to be real.

Reactions: astonishedturnip, Alexei_Kirillov and QueerMelancholy
L

LostSoul1965

Experienced
Apr 15, 2024
When i see goodbye threads i feel like i've done a grave sin for staying this long, there's a lot of people getting their ticket and riding the bus, and what i am doing? Goodbye threads makes me reflect back on myself and how lazy i am and motivates to start being more active in pursuing suicide methods, i just want to be on the other side, death seems amazing, i'll start by taking drugs to change my mood to be able to start pursuing suicide, i should start experimenting with riskier methods and just waiting for the perfect circumstances to suicide, it's not like i'll ever find SN
Actually if you follow along very closely you will find that most "goodbye" threads end up being false alarms. The OP usually backs out for whatever reason. SI is a beast. Alot even post multiple threads. Those who actually follow through are rare. Nobody said this was easy. Maybe another form of getting attention or crying for help. We are all suffering for one reason or another. Why we are all here. Everybody has to do what's right for them and find peace in whatever they decide to do. Be it recovery or commiting to a method and following through with it. Don't be too hard on yourself. You will figure out what is right for you.

Last edited:
Reactions: Forveleth, divinemistress36 and ShinyScissors
Surai

Surai

Mar 26, 2024
Your bus example is right on, feels like theres an infinite red rope shooting past my side and there are hands of smiling people covered in a bright light, and I feel left out. Like I should grab that rope and join them. Like the house next door is having a big party that is never ending and The doors are open letting people in.

Reactions: thebelljarrr
ShinyScissors

ShinyScissors

Another artist who wants to die
Feb 8, 2023
I am in the same boat. I need to get it done and over with. If a child can do it why can't I?

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Arachno and thebelljarrr
Ash

Ash

Enlightened
Oct 4, 2021
Just remember that it's not a competition.

Don't give yourself more reasons to hate yourself / beat yourself / whatever as (IMHO) this one doesn't count.

(Edited for clarity)

• Love
Reactions: astonishedturnip and Forveleth
F

Forveleth

I knew I forgot to do something when I was 15...
Mar 26, 2024
There are also people who have been on this site for years and have been suicidal longer than some forum members have been alive but have never made a goodbye thread because they just aren't ready. Suicide, like life itself, is an individual journey unique to each person, so comparing yours to anyone else's is useless. If you aren't ready yet, then you aren't ready and there is no shame in that.

• Love
Reactions: ShinyScissors, astonishedturnip and Ash