exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
Not disagreeing with you, but won't it be fairly easy to just get killed by the enemy during a war? Seems like you wouldn't have to ctb - just fight for whatever side you support, and volunteer for a dangerous or suicide assignment. At least you would die for something you believe in. Wish this was an option for me...

She is clinically not of sound mind - the hospital staff know she is trying to kill herself or at least a threat to herself. Self harming wounds on the arms won't help her case. They believe they are saving her. They are not disgusting people, just naive or misinformed.
Personally I kind of disagree about the definition of sound mind. They gave me the treatment resistant label. They did this to me once before and now I am in worse condition than I was back then. Is wanting to die after 16 years of traumatic and unsuccessful treatment make me crazy?
It's fucked what they're doing. If they forcefully intubate against your explicit wishes, they are truly disgusting people. I'm so so sorry that you have to deal with this horror.
Plenty will disagree but I agree that adults should have the right to refuse treatment especially considering the very well documented poor outcomes of forced treatment in the long run. Thank you for your support. They justify it to themselves by saying they are saving me. Even though they had nothing to offer me in terms of support when I became a house bound agoraphobic who couldn't change her clothing or shower.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, motyxia, OpheliasFlowers and 2 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
Personally I kind of disagree about the definition of sound mind. They gave me the treatment resistant label. They did this to me once before and now I am in worse condition than I was back then. Is wanting to die after 16 years of traumatic and unsuccessful treatment make me crazy?
I'm not the one who makes this definition. I said clinically, meaning this is how you would be viewed when admitted. The same would apply to someone who is inebriated, or someone suffering from a severe concussion. It simply means that according to the hospital, you are unable to make reasonable choices about your health. Your recent self harm wounds will be all they need to deem you unfit to make decisions about your care, and control will be granted to your parents or, if they can't or won't, someone in the hospital.

To be clear, I think you are fully capable of making decisions about your life and health. Unfortunately, the hospital won't.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, OpheliasFlowers and WhatDoesTheFoxSay?
fox_wannabe

fox_wannabe

Enlightened
Jul 7, 2021
There are plenty of methods you can use if you are determined. I cannot tell you how to do it, but there is resource section and plent of statistics on internet.
But what If you took a time and try to show that you do not have to be intubated?

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner
exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
I'm not the one who makes this definition. I said clinically, meaning this is how you would be viewed when admitted. The same would apply to someone who is inebriated, or someone suffering from a severe concussion. It simply means that according to the hospital, you are unable to make reasonable choices about your health. Your recent self harm wounds will be all they need to deem you unfit to make decisions about your care, and control will be granted to your parents or, if they can't or won't, someone in the hospital.

To be clear, I think you are fully capable of making decisions about your life and health. Unfortunately, the hospital won't.
Yes, they believe suicidality to be a state of insanity. I understand. Being slapped with the anorexia nervosa label is especially dreadful- it haunts you forever.

I understand and also agree which is why I am desperate to go ahead of plans.

• Hugs
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
Not disagreeing with you, but won't it be fairly easy to just get killed by the enemy during a war? Seems like you wouldn't have to ctb - just fight for whatever side you support, and volunteer for a dangerous or suicide assignment. At least you would die for something you believe in. Wish this was an option for me...

She is clinically not of sound mind - the hospital staff know she is trying to kill herself or at least a threat to herself. Self harming wounds on the arms won't help her case. They believe they are saving her. They are not disgusting people, just naive or misinformed.
They use that phrase "not sound of mind" to justify their use of force when that doesn't actually mean anything concrete, in my mind it's disgusting what they do.

• Aww..
Reactions: patheticpartner, Rogue Proxy, OpheliasFlowers and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I'm sorry you are suffering so much and are in this situation. I hope you find the peace you are looking for.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, haibiantou, exhausteduntreatable and 1 other person
chocolatebar

chocolatebar

Paragon
Jul 11, 2021
Anorexia. Crying for the first time in years. I can't be violated like this again.
Can they legally do that to you? Even if you make it clear that you don't want it?
Aren't there other treatment options?

• Hugs
N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Can they legally do that to you? Even if you make it clear that you don't want it?
Aren't there other treatment options?
They can and they do because the law is there to police/punish marginalized people.

@exhausteduntreatable - Do you need help relocating to get away from the courts/ psychiatry in your current location? Msg me if you need to. I'm sorry this is happening.

BY THE WAY:
Risperdead is posting completely off-topic (and false!) anti-vaccine propaganda, but ALSO, in case folks don't know:
CCHR is a Scientology group. While they're opposed to forced psychiatric treatment (As am I!) - they lure people into cult settings that are JUST AS VIOLENT AND COERCIVE. It may not be forced hospitalization but it's just as bad. Red flag.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, RudolphTheReindeer and exhausteduntreatable
Risperdead

Risperdead

Agenda 2030 Sustainable Death
Jul 20, 2021
BY THE WAY:
Risperdead is posting completely off-topic (and false!) anti-vaccine propaganda, but ALSO, in case folks don't know:
CCHR is a Scientology group. While they're opposed to forced psychiatric treatment (As am I!) - they lure people into cult settings that are JUST AS VIOLENT AND COERCIVE. It may not be forced hospitalization but it's just as bad. Red flag.
No Sir, this information is true. You may not want to discredit a Retired Major General. If interested in vaccine information check sarahwestall.com and renz-law.com for whistleblower data from pfizer employees. Furthermore Project Veritas for Johnson and Johnson whistleblower statements.
The important part on this one, which is also why this is definately not off topic is, that all nations are obligated by the nuremberg code to respect our right to say NO to ANY medical intervention.

so a forced psychiatry treatment is not a viable option.

CCHR was founded as they were some of them scientolgy members are totally transparent with it.
The lots of verifyable Information on psychiatry system is highly valuable.
To assert an Advance Medical Directive is an idea. just wanted to help.

N

noaccount

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2019
Okay this thread is NOT ABOUT vaccines.

Advanced Medical Directives are all well and good.

I need everybody to be warned that Scientologists WILL lure people in to violent, high-control cult environments.

• Hugs
exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
They can and they do because the law is there to police/punish marginalized people.

@exhausteduntreatable - Do you need help relocating to get away from the courts/ psychiatry in your current location? Msg me if you need to. I'm sorry this is happening.

BY THE WAY:
Unfortunately, yes. Even though I am an adult. If I am sectioned the psychiatrists will have complete control over my body and what goes in it and happens to it and how long I am detained. I will message you, thanks. I may be able to buy a little time with a combo of faking eating more and actually eating more strategically. And also faking a better mood which will be very very hard.

• Hugs
haibiantou

haibiantou

Oct 5, 2021
Unfortunately, yes. Even though I am an adult. If I am sectioned the psychiatrists will have complete control over my body and what goes in it and happens to it and how long I am detained. I will message you, thanks. I may be able to buy a little time with a combo of faking eating more and actually eating more strategically. And also faking a better mood which will be very very hard.
I'm really sorry to hear of all these difficulties - it sounds like you have had a really hellish experience and are just trying to find some peace and a way out. Why can't people be more understanding?? The world really is a fucked up place.

I hope you can find the right path for you and there are always people here who want to listen and support you.

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and exhausteduntreatable
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Anorexia. Crying for the first time in years. I can't be violated like this again.
I'm in the exact same situation right now, presuming you meant tube feeding and not intubation(ie down the trachea to help you breathe)
I'm going to fight against it though, I'm in touch with lawyers etc

• Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner, exhausteduntreatable and haibiantou
exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
I'm in the exact same situation right now, presuming you meant tube feeding and not intubation(ie down the trachea to help you breathe)
I'm going to fight against it though, I'm in touch with lawyers etc
Yeah I meant ng tube. Ugh, you too? I think I recognize you from MPA. I think it's insane that they can do this to adults. Even force ECT on me as many times as they like. Literal horror movie stuff. I will absolutely fight it with lawyers if it comes to that and appeal it on every level but the two psychiatrists are basically given god powers over my life. I'm so angry. I bought some time with my dad when he saw how terrified I was but that means I have to eat in front of him, like a lot on at least two occassions. I can try to compensate with fasting. Going to try to get through it without having total mental breakdowns. Damn psychiatry to hell.
Not solving other issues but can fill in Advanced Decision refusing ECT. In uk, hospital not allowed to break clause even under section..
In Canada they can. It's horrendous. The only requirement is that after every 12(!) sessions they have to reapply for another 12. This can continue indefinitely. Also ACD are null when it comes to involuntary psych patients- farcical.

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: patheticpartner and xLosthopex
xLosthopex

xLosthopex

Tell my dogs I love them
May 29, 2020
Yeah I meant ng tube. Ugh, you too? I think I recognize you from MPA. I think it's insane that they can do this to adults. Even force ECT on me as many times as they like. Literal horror movie stuff. I will absolutely fight it with lawyers if it comes to that and appeal it on every level but the two psychiatrists are basically given god powers over my life. I'm so angry. I bought some time with my dad when he saw how terrified I was but that means I have to eat in front of him, like a lot on at least two occassions. I can try to compensate with fasting. Going to try to get through it without having total mental breakdowns. Damn psychiatry to hell.

In Canada they can. It's horrendous. The only requirement is that after every 12(!) sessions they have to reapply for another 12. This can continue indefinitely. Also ACD are null when it comes to involuntary psych patients- farcical.
Omg yes I'm from MPA! When I'm not hanging out here you can find me there :ahhha:
Yes I'm so furious at my psychiatrist over it, even my parents and psychologist agree with me that it's not in my best interest, as they know I'm a chronic case and that I'm not going to recover and going through yet another inpatient+ng feeding will only cause more harm than good at this point

• Love
exhausteduntreatable

exhausteduntreatable

Oct 8, 2021
Omg yes I'm from MPA! When I'm not hanging out here you can find me there :ahhha:
Yes I'm so furious at my psychiatrist over it, even my parents and psychologist agree with me that it's not in my best interest, as they know I'm a chronic case and that I'm not going to recover and going through yet another inpatient+ng feeding will only cause more harm than good at this point
It's so exhausting my god. I'm so sorry you are on this too. It's the same with me. I've relapsed harder than ever after their horrible treatment. My dad is really mistaken about ed treatment since he wasn't involved the first time around. He thinks counting calories, moderation, being thin, some forms of restriction are all fine. He doesn't get that all of those are hugely off limits and the ED team are huge HAES proponents. They literally told me that any limitations or turning down food ever is highly disordered lmao.

• Hugs