mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
Either there is a God and He has revealed Himself to us.
or
There is a God and He has not revealed Himself to us.

How else could the mind boggling sized universe that we live in exist and come from absolute nothingness unless there is a being who exists outside of our physical universe, that created the boundaries of it, put everything into it, and holds it all altogether ???

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 847

If there is something that made those fluctuations and that something is the smallest object in the universe, then that something came from nothing. That is my point. The smallest thing came from nothing. IT'S CALLED LOGIC LOL.

D

Deleted member 847

And if you are one of those people who believe that NOTHING = SOMETHING like Lawrence Krauss then you're an IDIOT excuse my vocabulary. NOTHING means nothing. no particles no fluctuations no energy just nothing.

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Either there is a God and He has revealed Himself to us.
or
There is a God and He has not revealed Himself to us.

How else could the mind boggling sized universe that we live in exist and come from absolute nothingness unless there is a being who exists outside of our physical universe, that created the boundaries of it, put everything into it, and holds it altogether ???

Look up the big bang.

Watch 'how the universe works' if you want an explanation. Whether you then believe it or not is up to you.

Personally I do. I don't believe in 'god' and it's a real shame religion exists in the first place.

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, Comatose11 and BlackDragonof1989
K

KCN

El revisionismo en castillano
Jul 16, 2018
Well I'm trying to understand your point first. What do you believe? How can I have a debate with you if you don't state your position?

Me, a couple of posts before: "The universe doesn't come from literal nothing, but from quantum void fluctuations. There are a lot of physics paper on that, making assumption about nothingness is out of place. We can experience nothingness even in an universe that doesn't allow its most proper form"

either you can read or you can't. Also, it's not about having a battle between the most glorious belief, it's all about facts and data research. The paper focuses on a branch of the quantum field theory, that states a different meaning for the concept that we use daily to mean "nothing". The vacuum, according to actual research, contains neither matter nor energy (since in Physics jargon is meant to be taken as the lowest energy states of a system or a theory), but it does contain fluctuations, that we could describe as a potential source of matter whose existence can be brought into place by adding energy. This is the most simplified and ground-to-the-Earth synopsis of parts of that paper that I encourage you to read again.

then you're an IDIOT excuse my vocabulary

thanks

Reactions: Comatose11, BlackDragonof1989, skitliv and 1 other person
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
If there is something that made those fluctuations and that something is the smallest object in the universe, then that something came from nothing. That is my point. The smallest thing came from nothing. IT'S CALLED LOGIC LOL.

If you're so logical, who created god then? Don't act like you know the answer. If you add god to the creation of the universe, you don't solve anything. It doesn't answer any questions, it simply creates more. The big bang theory works very good by itself, it doesn't even need a god to be explained.

Last edited:
Reactions: Comatose11, BlackDragonof1989, skitliv and 2 others
D

Deleted member 847

If you're so logical, who created god then? Don't act like you know the answer. If you add god to the creation of the universe you actually make it even more complicated and inconsistent. It doesn't answer any questions, it simply creates more. There is a good reason why we stop at the big bang and don't add another mystical variable like god to the whole scientific explanation, because we actually understand the big bang. You can't say that about god.
Rain can you read or are you still in kindergarten? I wasn't talking about any god. My argument was that the fluctuations physicists talk about came from nothing. All this "nothing is not actually nothing" is nonsense. If nothingness doesn't exist and fluctuations are everywhere, always existed and don't spawn from it or disappear into it (because this is the only logical way in which nothingness wouldn't exist) at least the abstract concept of nothing does and you can't say that the concept of nothing is actually something because it just makes no sense. Nothing is 0, no energy, no matter, no fluctuations no nothing. I don't bother with the article because if its point is that nothing is actually something then they're trying to prove that 2+2=5.

RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
Rain can you read or are you still in kindergarten? I wasn't talking about any god. My argument was that the fluctuations physicists talk about came from nothing. All this "nothing is not actually nothing" is nonsense if nothingness doesn't exist and fluctuations are everywhere, always existed and don't spawn from it or disappear into it (because this is the only logical way in which nothingness wouldn't exist) at least the abstract concept of nothing does and you can't say that the concept of nothing is actually something because it just makes no sense. Nothing is 0, no energy, no matter, no fluctuations no nothing. I don't bother with the article because if its point is that nothing is actually something then they're trying to prove that 2+2=5.

Sorry, but didn't you write this?

I believe that many entities created this place as a soul farm, but I wouldn't call them god or gods. Just evil aliens.

You believe there are creators. You can call them gods or aliens, it doesn't make a difference.

Reactions: Comatose11, BlackDragonof1989 and Tiburcio
D

Deleted member 847

Sorry, but didn't you write this?

You believe there are creators. You can call them gods or aliens, it doesn't make a difference.
Ok let me explain. I said that I believe this place is a Matrix and was created by multidimensional entities, yes. But here I am talking about existence as a whole, the multiverse itself, the all, the fundamental thing that exist and wasn't created by anybody. This is why I said that I was arguing from philosophy.

Reactions: BlackDragonof1989 and RainAndSadness
O

Oyashiro-sama

Student
Aug 16, 2018
God does not exist, and if he exists he is a son of a bitch who does not care about anyone.

Reactions: Comatose11, WorthlessGirl, BlackDragonof1989 and 1 other person
Volatile

Volatile

God
Jun 18, 2018
When I die, I'm going to jump while wielding a sword so I can kill God when I break through the barrier!

Reactions: Comatose11, BlackDragonof1989, lv-gras and 2 others
D

Dip

Student
Jul 27, 2018
God is merely resting, just beneath the waves...

latest

^.^

Reactions: Smilla, ScaredOfLife, BlackDragonof1989 and 3 others
E

EternalSleep

Jul 4, 2018
We are actually all God who tricked himself into believing he is you and every living thing in the Universe.

Reactions: Tiburcio
MyImmortal

MyImmortal

Aug 20, 2018
I was raised Christian. I never had a doubt in my mind that something other than God created us. Until I got older and real life happened. I prayed for so long to just have a happy state of mind. That's what I would pray for ever night. I didn't pray to be rich or stuff like that, I just wanted God to help me be a normal person who didn't think about death daily. At this time I don't know what to believe. I try to understand everyone's point of view and just be open to all ideas.

Reactions: Red star, Volatile and Morning Angel
M

Morning Angel

Useless Broken Wings
Aug 8, 2018
I'm agnostic and believe that ultimately it's unknowable, but I don't discredit people who believe in God, NDE's, or the afterlife. What harm does it do to me if another has a set of well defined beliefs that I don't? To assume the physical, visible/tangible, and measurable are the only parts that make up the world around us seems deeply arrogant as well. Our body of science and reason continues to grow and to put it simply - we don't know yet what we don't know.

From a purely utilitarian attitude in preparing for death, I think the expectation of nothing but a hard end is the best. To expect infinite time just because we are/were human is unnecessary, though I understand the comfort it might bring to some.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Justanotherconsumer, tearsinrain and 1 other person