• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
he died a decade before i was born and yet i "miss" him to no end. nirvana is one of my favorite bands and "in utero" one of my favorite albums. rereading his suicide letter doesn't really help with me missing him.

Speaking from the tongue of an experienced simpleton who obviously would rather be an emasculated, infantile complain-ee. This note should be pretty easy to understand. All the warnings from the punk rock 101 courses over the years, since my first introduction to the, shall we say, the ethics involved with independence and the embracement of your community has proven to be very true. I haven't felt the excitement of listening to as well as creating music along with reading and writing for too many years now. I feel guilty beyond words about these things. For example when we're backstage and the lights go out and the manic roar of the crowd begins, it doesn't affect me the way in which it did for Freddie Mercury, who seem to love, relish in the love and adoration from the crowd, which is something I totally admire and envy. The fact is, I can't fool you, any one of you. It simply isn't fair to you or me. The worst crime I can think of would be to rip people off by faking it and pretending as if I'm having 100% fun. Sometimes I feel as if I should have a punch-in time clock before I walk out on stage. I've tried everything within my power to appreciate it (and I do, God believe me I do, but it's not enough).

I appreciate the fact that I and we have affected and entertained a lot of people. I must be one of those narcissists who only appreciate things when they're gone. I'm too sensitive. I need to be slightly numb in order to regain the enthusiasm I once had as a child. On our last 3 tours, I've had a much better appreciation for all the people I've known personally and as fans of our music, but I still can't get over the frustration, the guilt and empathy I have for everyone. There's good in all of us and I think I simply love people too much, so much that it makes me feel too fucking sad. The sad little sensitive, unappreciative, Pisces, Jesus man! Why don't you just enjoy it? I don't know. I have a goddess of a wife who sweats ambition and empathy and a daughter who reminds me too much of what I used to be, full of love and joy.

Kissing every person she meets because everyone is good and will do her no harm. And that terrifies me to the point where I can barely function. I can't stand the thought of Frances becoming the miserable, self-destructive, death rocker that I've become. I have it good, very good, and I'm grateful, but since the age of seven, I've become hateful towards all humans in general. Only because it seems so easy for people to get along and have empathy. Only because I love and feel sorry for people too much I guess. Thank you all from the pit of my burning, nauseous stomach for your letters and concern during the past years. I'm too much of an erratic, moody, baby! I don't have the passion anymore, and so remember, it's better to burn out than to fade away.

Peace, love, empathy. Kurt Cobain.

Frances and Courtney, I'll be at your altar.

Please keep going Courtney, for Frances.

For her life will be so much happier without me.

I LOVE YOU. I LOVE YOU.
everytime i read this i'm brought to tears. i relate to him immensely: the feeling of ungratefulness, the sensitivity, the entire paragraph about his daughter. everything about how he describes his life reminds me of mine and it makes me so sad. i wonder what he would have to say about the current state of the world, or how people remember his legacy.
better to burn out than fade away.

cryvinglightning

cryvinglightning

it gets worse before it gets better.
Oct 27, 2023
Same.
All the legendary singers of grunge are gone now.
Kurt cobain.
Chris Cornell.
Scott weilland.
Layne Staley.
I miss Layne staley from Alice in chains most of all. Easily one of the most incredible vocalists who ever lived.
my god, i love alice in chains. i'll mourn layne staley forever. such a gorgeous voice.
juice wrld
lil peep
capital steez
Chester Bennington
amy winehouse
chester bennington's death is still such a shock to me even after all these years.

R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
I was watching a documentary from a couple of years ago, and they were suggesting that the suicide note/letter--had been, "doctored." But then again, it was 'conspiracy-theories, abound!'

Reactions: WAITING TO DIE
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Why would anyone "doctor" Kurt Cobain's suicide note to make it sound exactly as if it had been written by Kurt Cobain? That note is a hot mess, because that's how he was feeling. That guy was as real as they come. One of my all time favorite quotes is by him: "I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not." That's every "out" trans person on the planet, and I love it.

It doesn't surprise me that Cobain took his own life, considering. He wasn't someone who could cover the world up with pretty lies that he could believe in. That was a problem for him, since "construct a version of reality that you find at least marginally tolerable" is survival 101.

Reactions: February
R

ropearoundatree

Student
Nov 9, 2023
Yeah, you'd have to see it, to understand it... :)
I believe it was called, "Soaked in Bleach," but I'm having a hard time tracking it down on Youtube, now - for some reason. . .

Last edited:
figurehead

figurehead

Student
Sep 27, 2023
I'll probably sound terribly old for you (and most people here), but I was in a psych ward when he shot himself. The nurses let me go to get magazines (no, at that point I wasn't a menace to society, just to myself, which they didn't seem to realize) and it was on the cover of NME. I was shocked especially because of where I was and how I felt too. But today, referring to music etc alone, I can't help asking myself what would've happen if he hadn't died. Would they have become absolutely ginormous or just continue as a cult figure for those left behind here? I feel the same about Ian Curtis and Joy Division. I'm actually not a big fan of Joy Division, but wonder if he would continue being a cult figure had he not died tragically...

rotciv

rotciv

Something In The Way
Mar 25, 2023
Capital STEEZ, he was only 19 yo when commited suicide, too damn young