Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
I came across this video... Don't know what to say... Especially in combination with the comments... So many thoughts in my head...

I can't imagine that I would recover....
How horrible....

• Aww..
Reactions: Passersby and cryone
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really is so incredibly horrifying how trying to die can go wrong, it's hellish how there isn't option of legalised assisted suicide so that people can just die in peace.

Reactions: Ashu, ViniTerrible, 4am and 15 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Wow... the video is a bit long I didn't watch the whole thing. But damn this is horrible

I actually seen a video that was even worst than this. It was a guy in his car, who shot himself in the head to CTB, I believe it was even a shotgun, I can't remember the exact details 100%. But he accidentally missed where he was aiming, and instead completely blew his face off into unexplainable situation, but still survived, and was moaning in pain, while waiting for help in his car.

Some bystanders were able to capture it on video

Someone shared it maybe a year ago on this forum. If anyone knows what I'm referring to and has that video link, please share it here

Surviving this type of CTB is nightmare. If this girl's family really loved and cared for her, they should not be selfish, and help her apply for assisted suicide ASAP. She obviously DOES NOT want to live. So just cut it short and get it over with quick

Reactions: Ashu, 4am, VidFlumina and 5 others
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
Life is a choice if you have options. When other people take away your options, your body becomes a prison.

Reactions: Ashu, SMmetalhead36, 0000000000000 and 9 others
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Id of point blank refused all that treatment and facial rebuilds etc…….fair play if she saw a way forward for her life but id be more determined to die if that happened.

Serves as a big warning though

• Hugs
Reactions: Sunset Limited, Somethingiswaddling, meltskelt and 3 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Just to add, I'm getting very angry as I think more about this girl. I don't know their full life story, but god damn it, her fucking parents are selfish as shit for still trying to keep her alive under these conditions.......... very sick world we live in........ this breaks my heart. Poor girl

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ashu, 4am, VidFlumina and 10 others
K

Kalista

Failed hard to pull the trigger - Now using SN
Feb 5, 2023
Why the fuck did they let her continue living after this?
This is the type of thing that pisses me off about "trying to save" someone's life. It's more of a punishment afterwards. Since you shot yourself, blew your face off and still survived, we'll leave you with a highly deformed face for the rest of your miserable life. Barely able to breath and eat and speak. Then what, they'll find reasons to convince her that there's more to life than that?
Fuck you.

• Love
Reactions: Intoxicated, SamTam33, cracklingroses and 14 others
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Wow... the video is a bit long I didn't watch the whole thing. But damn this is horrible

I actually seen a video that was even worst than this. It was a guy in his car, who shot himself in the head to CTB, I believe it was even a shotgun, I can't remember the exact details 100%. But he accidentally missed where he was aiming, and instead completely blew his face off into unexplainable situation, but still survived, and was moaning in pain, while waiting for help in his car.

Someone shared it maybe a year ago on this forum. If anyone knows what I'm referring to and has that video link, please share it here

Surviving this type of CTB is nightmare. If this girl's family really loved and cared for her, they should not be selfish, and help her apply for assisted suicide ASAP. She obviously DOES NOT want to live. So just cut it short and get it over with quick
She seemed happy in the video at a "second chance" at life

Screw that, id want to be gone asap

Reactions: SMmetalhead36, Life'sA6itch and sanction
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
This is the type of thing that pisses me off about "trying to save" someone's life. It's more of a punishment afterwards. Since you shot yourself, blew your face off and still survived, we'll leave you with a highly deformed face for the rest of your miserable life. Barely able to breath and eat and speak. Then what, they'll find reasons to convince her that there's more to life than that?
Fuck you.
Yeah, the more I think about it, I am getting fucking pissed too. I can't put it in words anymore. PURE FUCKING BULLSHIT

• Love
Reactions: TimetoGo!, VidFlumina, SMmetalhead36 and 3 others
TimetoGo!

TimetoGo!

Mage
Aug 30, 2022
Fuck you.
Agreed

Reactions: Kalista and BrainShower
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Things like this just make me more of an antinatalist. You can say that not attempting would make her suffer less but if she wanted to die she obviously suffered enough already.

Reactions: Sunset Limited, Ligottian, ijustwishtodie and 1 other person
D

Deleted member 65988

Me too. This is just awful that she has to live like this. What's even worse is that her story is probably used as a way to show people that you live with the consequences of your actions but does it have to be at the expense of someone's suffering.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited, VidFlumina, SMmetalhead36 and 4 others
meltskelt

meltskelt

who?
Aug 11, 2023
It really is so incredibly horrifying how trying to die can go wrong, it's hellish how there isn't option of legalised assisted suicide so that people can just die in peace.
it feels like our own body does not belong to us

Reactions: cracklingroses, VidFlumina, Somethingiswaddling and 2 others
D

doublecupj

Jul 12, 2022
Read an article about her, and it states that she shot herself with a rifle placed under the chin.

She is not the only example of this I've seen. Please, heed the warning. Do not place a firearm under your chin expecting to die, you will blow your face off and survive. This is in the firearms megathread as well.

The correct angle would be intra-oral, which is gun in the mouth, pointed upwards and back, at about a 30 degree angle. This takes out of the brainstem, which means instant death. If the brainstem is hit, you will not feel pain nor hear the gunshot. The pain signals pass much slower than a bullet.

Also, it's important to use a high caliber weapon such as a shotgun. This girl used a rifle.

• Informative
Reactions: .dreamless., Ashu, VidFlumina and 10 others
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Imagine from expecting to end it within a split second, to now forced to survive decades of this aftermath. Also ending up on worldwide news, many documentaries, people from around the world commenting and adding their own opinions to this, with every single little detail analyzed and studied in the public eye

Will be circulated on internet forever. People will even create their own versions of documentaries on YouTube, Tik Tok, with different background music and titles

In addition to her being brainwashed, and need to feel guilt and different emotions for rest of her life

• Love
Reactions: SamTam33, cracklingroses, Ashu and 5 others
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022

I know the video youre talking about. There a few videos of that kind. The barrel has to be in the mouth behind the teeth for a quick death but often people underestimate how far down the trigger is and when they go to reach for it the barrel moves. Well, that and just general panicking. This results in them blowing their face off and its absolutely horrible. Its shocking how much trauma the head can endure as long as the brain is unaffacted.

Its an indignity to force that on someone. First responders really should have a criteria list for when someone is unsaveable and be able to administer a quick death to them in those circumstances. Problem is that our judicial system does not care for the wellbeing of the people.

Reactions: SamTam33, cracklingroses, Ashu and 4 others
Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
The whole video makes my stomach sick.. Keeping her alive is heroic and than it continues with how her case became a landmark for reconstructive surgery.. Its like she became an object because the people around could not accept to loose her.... "the journey to recovery has begun... Not only for Katie but an entire medical community behind her"... Interesting that they think that saving her face will recover her... Completely ignoring the fact that she suffered psychologically before... So much effort put into her afterwards....and i also bet with unrealistic expectations... I guess no room for her to really talk about why she wanted to die and that this incident alone does not erase past experiences... Such a fake video... Its all about praising the medical care she received...
And after this attempt failing and all the efforts put into her.. How is she free to say "sorry but if i had a secure way to go, id prefer that"...
If anything, this videos shows to me, that psychological suffering is not understood, there is no !! Early suicide prevention! And even if she grew a will in the end... How much effort did that take? Is this realistic for others that are not used as a headline? We really need a new understanding for death as a society that could save so much suffering... What if she wasn't saved... Than her family would have need to learn to grieve once, the resources of this medical team coukd have been used for less attention bringing cases (which should not be the goal for doctors anyway)... and who knows, maybe her parents coukd have adopted another child or a pet from a shelter... Death makes space for new life..

If death would not be seen as such a horrible thing... They could have just given her everything needed to help her with a then painless ending of this failed attempt... But not even a missing face is enough to get help...
This could have been a story about a beautiful smiling girl, whose experience made her suffer so much psychologically (and yes beauty does not spare you from mental disorders) that she was
Willing to shoot herself in the head because no one saw her suffering.. Instead she now advocates for what..? People with failed attempts who get all the medical attention you could get?....

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Sunset Limited, Ashu, TimetoGo! and 5 others
L

Ligottian

Elementalist
Dec 19, 2021
I hope a shot from from my .357 revolver above and and a bit behind my ear with a hollow point bullet will do the trick. Preceded by a strong toddy of hoarded benzos dissolved in water.

Reactions: Ashu
D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
How do you even fail a shotgun blast. You gotta aim completely vertical for that to happen. And even then, wouldn't you just bleed out?

Painfu.Ll.suffering

Painfu.Ll.suffering

My D
Sep 17, 2023
Id of point blank refused all that treatment and facial rebuilds etc…….fair play if she saw a way forward for her life but id be more determined to die if that happened.

Serves as a big warning though
I don't know if she had something too say...
At - 12min they say.. the doctor instill a sense of hope in them and the road ahead was worth taking... At some point the mother decides that she thinks Katie would like a full face transplant... I guess she couldn't speak before a few surgeries...
Brainwashing.
And even if u are in a situation like that... if u are not given the option to end this - now even heavier- life, of course you do whats required to reduce the pain...

Im in a situation where i told my doctors i want to quit it. I don't want medical interventions anymore... I don't believe in it and want to end my life because i can't live like that ... But there's no help in this regard... So what are u left with... And i understand their perspective... But therefore it should be easier to get nembutal or stuff legally so one can take care of that oneself without having to take the risk of this girls destiny.. Suicidal people are treated like imbecile children...

Reactions: Ashu, VidFlumina, Deleted member 65988 and 1 other person
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Fuck you.
It really is sadistic. Disgusting to think that there are a few people walking around thinking that they're heroes for "saving" her.

Reactions: Sunset Limited, VidFlumina, Deleted member 65988 and 1 other person
B

betternever2havbeen

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
Yeah I read about her before-it was an impulsive attempt because her brother left the gun out and she'd just been dumped or cheated on by her boyfriend and she just did it...it's absolutely tragic because it IS something she would've gotten over with time. She got a face transplant from a woman who died in a car accident (I think) but yeah I don't really wanna watch the vid or read about her again. She's actually incredible for handling it as well as she has-although don't suppose she has much choice.

BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
I didn't watch the video but I'm assuming she was found shortly after otherwise she would've died of blood loss. That's why I plan to go to the middle of nowhere.

Reactions: Ashu and LeperGnome
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
Uh I mean I already chose not to use a firearm in my method no matter what, and this only solidified it 10000%.

_smile_

_smile_

Student
Jun 26, 2022
I was very taken aback after watching some of this (did not watch all). But then I read more about her story and learned she did it hastily and impulsively. Which is why it is soo important to research and plan and know what you're doing.

Even then, it's still not a guaranteed success.

Reactions: Deleted member 65988
leninitsbeenaweek

leninitsbeenaweek

Dec 14, 2023
Read an article about her, and it states that she shot herself with a rifle placed under the chin.

She is not the only example of this I've seen. Please, heed the warning. Do not place a firearm under your chin expecting to die, you will blow your face off and survive. This is in the firearms megathread as well.

The correct angle would be intra-oral, which is gun in the mouth, pointed upwards and back, at about a 30 degree angle. This takes out of the brainstem, which means instant death. If the brainstem is hit, you will not feel pain nor hear the gunshot. The pain signals pass much slower than a bullet.

Also, it's important to use a high caliber weapon such as a shotgun. This girl used a rifle.
hi may i ask for the firearms megathread? thanks :)

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Here you go guys!!! I found the video of the guy who survived gunshot suicide to his head. I couldn't find the original video from inside his car. Maybe it was removed due to it being too graphic.

This one was after the paramedics already came, but you can still get an idea of it:

If you don't know what I'm referring to, just scroll up to see my previous post

(@CheekyPhobia is this the one you said you saw?)

• Wow
Reactions: Ashu, Painfu.Ll.suffering and Deleted member 65988
CheekyPhobia

CheekyPhobia

Reasonless, well it stands to reason...
Aug 1, 2022
Here you go guys!!! I found the video of the guy who survived gunshot suicide to his head. I couldn't find the original video from inside his car. Maybe it was removed due to it being too graphic.

This one was after the paramedics already came, but you can still get an idea of it:

If you don't know what I'm referring to, just scroll up to see my previous post

(@CheekyPhobia is this the one you said you saw?)
I was thinking of a different one but my goodness is that video horrifying. When you're using guns you have to make sure you do it right.... I can't imagine having to live the rest of your life like that, and you're going to be unable to finish the job once that's happened.

Reactions: Ashu and sanction
D

Deleted member 65988

I was thinking of a different one but my goodness is that video horrifying. When you're using guns you have to make sure you do it right.... I can't imagine having to live the rest of your life like that, and you're going to be unable to finish the job once that's happened.
That's what I fear with guns even if I'd bite your hand off if you could give it to me as a method is that you have to make sure the angle is right otherwise one little difference could keep you alive and make you have to live like that for the rest of it. @sanction oh my goodness, the pain that guy must be in that video, unbelievable how he looks there, it looks like something out of a horror movie if I must be honest.
I was very taken aback after watching some of this (did not watch all). But then I read more about her story and learned she did it hastily and impulsively. Which is why it is soo important to research and plan and know what you're doing.

Even then, it's still not a guaranteed success.
That goes with any method, the more research and preparation is done, the higher the chances of success albeit no guarantee at the end of it but it's still better than the majority of suicides which are impulsive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ashu and sanction
O

oddetoad

Arcanist
Nov 25, 2023
If you're gonna use a gun
Always always
Go for the shotgun