ookletsgoctb

ookletsgoctb

Jul 19, 2023
I just saw a girl on tiktok who lost her legs because of complications after a suicide attempt. I've never heard of that kind of complication. Kinda scary.

Apparently she tried OD. Anyone ever heard of this?

Link
Link

• Aww..
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer, MeltingBrain and dialogos
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
It's likely she contracted sepsis while in hospital. These are the dangers of not having a reliable method to exit with.

• Aww..
Reactions: lavender143once, silentcicada, Praestat_Mori and 3 others
ookletsgoctb

ookletsgoctb

Jul 19, 2023
It's likely she contracted sepsis while in hospital. These are the dangers of not having a reliable method to exit with.
She said she had something called Compartment syndrome.

And definitely a reliable method is the most important thing. But that's so sad. I couldn't bear something like that happening.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, anhedonicNfoggy and Ashu
S

stage4johnny

Jun 22, 2023
Very sad. Poor girl doesn't deserve this.

• Aww..
Reactions: Harrow, Praestat_Mori, dialogos and 3 others
A

AerialBoundaries

The Songs of Distant Earth.
Sep 18, 2022
She said she had something called Compartment syndrome.

And definitely a reliable method is the most important thing. But that's so sad. I couldn't bear something like that happening.
Yeah there's some fates worse than death. Jumping from a massive height is the only absolute guaranteed CTB method I have.

Reactions: Life interrupted, lavender143once, Praestat_Mori and 2 others
front of me

front of me

Experienced
Aug 3, 2023
I didn't understand what exactly happened

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
That is why i have two methods just in case.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
SenseOfLoss

SenseOfLoss

life could have been so beautiful
Feb 24, 2023
I read about this in the context of a drug overdose because I had originally planned to take hydromorphone in combination with other medications. Due to a drug overdose, one loses consciousness and collapses. The limbs are - under unfavorable circumstances - then compressed for hours, increasing the risk of acute compartment syndrome of the extremities. That can happen in rare cases.

Last edited:
  • Informative
  • Aww..
Reactions: outrider567, Praestat_Mori, dialogos and 2 others
ookletsgoctb

ookletsgoctb

Jul 19, 2023
I read about this in the context of a drug overdose because I had originally planned to take hydromorphone in combination with other medications. Due to a drug overdose, one loses consciousness and collapses. The limbs are - under unfavorable circumstances - then compressed for hours, increasing the risk of acute compartment syndrome of the extremities. That can happen in rare cases.
Now I understand. Thanks.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That really is horrific, it just shows that this world truly is such a disgusting place, it's disgusts me how people are denied the option of a peaceful and guaranteed way to cease existing, instead having no choice but to resort to risky methods. It's beyond terrifying how trying to die can go wrong, just leading to way more suffering.

Reactions: lavender143once, jussrav and ookletsgoctb
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I'm sorry for her. Failing an attempt due to lack of peaceful and secure methods can end up so horrible.

Reactions: lavender143once
B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
so she failed a suicide attempt, they cut her legs off to leave her alive
we treat pets with more dignity than this

Reactions: QueenOfSpades, lavender143once, tora and 5 others
Minsu

Minsu

♀️🏳️‍🌈
Jan 17, 2023
I feel so sorry for her 😢 therefore I'm doing my best to choose a method with very low failure rate

• Aww..
Reactions: ookletsgoctb
theboy

theboy

Illuminated
Jul 15, 2022
There are several such psychiatric cases. Some people are "helped" by this attempt to get out of depression

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I had thought about taking SN and successively pulling the trigger but i'm just thinking i'll focus on the HG.
OK. Focus in what way, may I ask? What is your plan with the HG? What type of HG? Ammo?

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
OK. Focus in what way, may I ask? What is your plan with the HG? What type of HG? Ammo?
Using the HG instead of the SN, also by taking the SN you don't know how you will react, so the pistol has a higher effectiveness. I haven't bought it yet, as i'm reading i'm between a 9/10mm with hollow point bullets aimed at brainstem.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Using the HG instead of the SN, also by taking the SN you don't know how you will react, so the pistol has a higher effectiveness. I haven't bought it yet, as i'm reading i'm between a 9/10mm with hollow point bullets aimed at brainstem.
You aren't considering a long gun, such as a shotgun?

Zegers

Zegers

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
You aren't considering a long gun, such as a shotgun?
A 9mm should be more than enough but i couldn't access to sg either, in my country you need a different license for each type of gun. I'm not even sure if i could buy a 10mm. I have to keep researching which one is the most powerful/fastest. SN was your method, right?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
in my country you need a different license for each type of gun
You mean a different license for a handgun and a different license for a long gun? OR, do you mean for EACH different gun, even calibers?

SN was your method, right?
No. I'm CO. I considered SN as a backup, but frankly it's getting too hard to get, plus all the hassle with the other meds, too.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
This.

I have the SN but prefer the high effectiveness of one shot. SN is also effective but i prefer HG.
If that's what you want, I hope it works out for you.

Reactions: Zegers