• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
Finding new alters in "batches" (multiple in the span of a week or so) is funny because you will get situations like this:

Finding three alters, one named Friend, another named Monster, and another named Cannibal...

...and having Friend be the most intimidating and Cannibal the LEAST.

Just system things, huh?

LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
Hello,

Finding three alters, one named Friend, another named Monster, and another named Cannibal...

Just system things, huh?
I don't have DID, but in my journal and for some people, my name is Pat (Patricia).
It means "noble," but I think my life is total disgrace.

How often do you name alters? The more you name them, the more likely that your system have alters with self-contradictory names, I guess.

• Love
Reactions: CTBookOfLife
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

Aug 5, 2023
Hello,

I don't have DID, but in my journal and for some people, my name is Pat (Patricia).
It means "noble," but I think my life is total disgrace.

How often do you name alters? The more you name them, the more likely that your system have alters with self-contradictory names, I guess.
Most of my alters either named themselves (often with my help), or are based off of fictional/factional sources and use their name from said source.

There are some that have names I have no explanation for, though.

Friend named itself (I'm not sure where they got the name from), Monster is named from a song lyric, and Cannibal is named from a song title.

Are your alters inspired by Naoki Urasawa ? :)
If you don't get the references I will feel bad ahah
Unfortunately, I don't get the reference, LOL, sorry!!! Two of these alters are based off of songs and one is fully "brain-made" with no "source!"
Finding new alters in "batches" (multiple in the span of a week or so) is funny because you will get situations like this:

Just system things, huh?
Also, something to add about these alters.

Monster formed with many narcissistic traits to deal with my self-hatred, a sort of "balancer."

On the flip side, Cannibal formed to "balance" Monster! He is very humble, you could say.

Last edited:
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
firepunch

firepunch

Aug 24, 2023
Unfnortunately, I don't get the reference, LOL, sorry!!! Two of these alters are based off of songs and one is fully "brain-made" with no "source!"
The first Image is a character names "Friend" from the manga series "20th Century Boy"

81vyUDq8dL AC UF8941000 QL80
"Monster" is a manga series from the same manga artist, Naoki Urasawa.
They are both incredible stories so I totally recommend you them.

I thought your alters were related but sadly not !

dead-yaga

dead-yaga

muddy moon
Oct 24, 2020
lol after the passing of our true love, none of the local alters could function & we need to generate a new bach of residents (or at least re-skin them) in order to be functional again, so weve been basically running on fumes for a few months but i can tell you that the kid weve been calling "Roadkill Hero" perked up a TON at the name Cannibal

(as an organizational/structural alter, whos had to go through this cycle before, it gets a lot easier to integrate new sections into the whole functional social system once they chose a name, its like their first step to an identity- Algood)

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

Aug 5, 2023
lol after the passing of our true love, none of the local alters could function & we need to generate a new bach of residents (or at least re-skin them) in order to be functional again, so weve been basically running on fumes for a few months but i can tell you that the kid weve been calling "Roadkill Hero" perked up a TON at the name Cannibal

(as an organizational/structural alter, whos had to go through this cycle before, it gets a lot easier to integrate new sections into the whole functional social system once they chose a name, its like their first step to an identity- Algood)
LEGIT, the name is always the first step for us when finding a new fragment. And I know a therapist would probably frown on us purposely allowing fragments to develop when we already have around a thousand alters but.. 🤷‍♂️