• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

CaringShrimp

CaringShrimp

Shrimping around
Nov 20, 2022
I would love to know if you have a funny response to the typical questions/sentences, we struggling individuals, are being told.

A few mind boggling things that I had to hear were:

× But life can be so beautiful!
× It's all in your head.
× You know, hurting yourself is pretty stupid.
× Have you ever tried taking a deep breath?
× Just do some exercise.
× You are too young to have back pain.

× But you don't look sick.

What ridiculous things did people tell you and how did you react?

LoiteringClouds

LoiteringClouds

Tempus fugit
Feb 7, 2023
This might not be funny but anyway here goes...

In 2014, I saw a psychiatrist for the first time due to depression and at the first visit the doctor said "Being depressed while looking for a job is completely normal."
So I showed him my self-harm wounds on my arm.

I knew psychiatrists in Japan tend to downplay patients' complaints, especially when it comes to mood disorder and anxiety. So I deliberately self-harmed in order to be treated seriously and get help.
My plan worked as I intended.

He diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder and prescribed benzos. Good job - he saved my life - and then screwed it worse.
Benzos are definitely "temporary solution to a permanent problem."

Fortunately I've kicked benzos in 2021. All the consequences I suffer today are lingering self-harm scars (which is mild) and emotional trauma (which is crippling.) The healthcare system in Japan is amazing. I suspect psychiatrists in Japan know some people are genuinely beyond repair. So in these cases doctors give people numbing drugs.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

When It Ends
Apr 7, 2023
You're just going to have to force yourself

I shouldn't have to force myself to begin with.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds