• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

adevessa

Jul 11, 2018
I want to go through with full suspension hanging as opposed to partial suspension hanging. I know a place where I could support my body weight and I also know I need to tie a simple knot. I just want to know what ligature I should use (and not use) and what position the knot should be. I know it would be ideal to compress my carotid artery... but where should I position the knot? Low, high, in the middle of my neck? In the back, side, or front? Does any particular side work better? What ligature should I use or not use?

Thank you everyone in advance.

Revan

Revan

Darth
Jul 8, 2018
Place the knot high and behind the left ear. I've heard this is optimal for compression of the arteries. Manila rope is adequate.

Wish you a pleasant eternal rest.

Hanger

Hanger

Noosedancer
May 29, 2018
wouldn´t place it behind the left ear in full suspension, that´s only true for parial suspension. It would enough pressure if the knot is at the back. Your full body weight...

S

spicyfriedtofu

Idiot
Jun 10, 2018
I'll be using a 3-strand 14 mm cotton rope, full suspension but no drop. Cotton will be the softest on your neck, also more flexible than other materials and thus having a tighter contact with your neck in a no drop hanging. A woven rope is an alternative, but handles less weight.

As for the knot placement I have no idea. Behind the ear is common for breaking the cervical cord as have been noted, but for no or little drop I don't know. Probably most effective at the back since asphyxiation will be the most important and the rope has the most contact with the front and sides of the neck.

Reactions: millefeui