• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
My boss asked for my help today. The same guy, I feel I should mention, who torments me over being a brain cripple. He bought his son this... I want to say "little", but it's not a little thing, not in volume. He bought him a pile of crap for his birthday. It all constitutes as one item.
I didn't look at the brand for too long, I was too busy fighting with tech support over the stupidity of it all. It's a set of things:
One (1) pair of shoes.
One (1) wristwatch.
One (1) tennis racket.
One (1) water bottle.
One... (1) I'm not sure what the hell that thing is. Looks like some kind of pendant.
So what's the point of all of this pile of sports goods?
Sit down. If you're on the phone, find a nice bench to sit down. Take off your shirt, tie it around your head to act as some sort of hamfisted helmet in case you fall down laughing (or cringing. Probably cringing) over the stupidity of it all. If you're at home, maybe try to makeshift something akin to a safety belt, like the kind cars have, except for your chair.
Each thing has a Bluetooth... thing... that sends some kind of data. The shoes have two - one for each shoe, which connects to the wristwatch, which connects to the pendant, which connects to the phone, which connects to an account on "glamoursomething", which tracks your progress in tennis. How? Why? No fucking clue.
A mission was set for me: find out how to connect it all to each other and set the guy with an account. Let me try to map out the task.

Shoe (left) -> shoe (right) -> wristwatch -> pendant -> phone -> account
Shoe (right) -> shoe (left) -> wristwatch -> pendant -> phone -> account
Tennis racket -> water bottle -> wristwatch -> pendat -> phone -> account
Water bottle -> wristwatch -> pendant -> phone -> account
Tennis racket -> pendant -> wristwatch -> phone -> account
Tennis racket -> wristwatch -> pendant
Shoe (left) -> wristwatch
Shoe (right) -> wristwatch
Tennis racket -> wristwatch
Water bottle -> wristwatch
Wristwatch -> pendant
pendant -> phone
pendant -> account
wristwatch -> phone
wristwatch -> account

"Now hold the fuck up there, Compo", you might say, "that's way too much connecting! The shoes connect to each other, the pendant, the phone, the account? What? You had to connect the fucking shoes TO EACH OTHER?! THE FUCK kind of thing is this?!"
Well, my dear friend, I very much agree. This is why I was fighting with tech support, you see. Everything but the pendant communicated with a single, tiny, nigh microscopical LED hidden in the tips of the laces. The shoes, for example, signaled they connected with four quick blinks. Connected to each other, that is. Five blinks meaning connected to the wristwatch, and six means connected to the pendant. The shoes have a tiny button, barely fitting for an adult finger, on the side of a very thick sole. ONE button. The button operates on a timer - hold for one second to connect to shoe, two for the pendant, three for the watch. Not quite these numbers, but that's the gist of it. Thankfully, tech support did take skype calls for support, because this sort of clusterfuck of technology does require visual assistance.
Where he found this clusterfuck is beyond me. I'm sitting here as I type, googling left and right, but can't find it.
It took three hours. It was three paid hours, at least, but my normal wage. I have never seen such a thing. I hope to dear god I never will. I was never a religious man, but I started doing the Christian air cross thing mid-way. It's a nice way to drop the anger at something - an odd discovery.
So yeah, I spent roughly 1/3rd of today connecting shoes to each other, a tennis racket, a water bottle, a wristwatch, a pendant and a phone. How has your day been?

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Deleted member 4288, Soul, Wolfjob_dayjob and 7 others
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I hate shoes

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, woxihuanni, Temporarilyabsurd and 1 other person
Subhuman

Subhuman

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I'm sorry you had to deal with all that nonsense but I really enjoy your sense of humor, so thanks for sharing ;)

Reactions: Helpneedtips, Soul, Wolfjob_dayjob and 4 others
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
I think the brand is " Pleas Steal My Cool Elite Covetable Expensive Tennis Tech " .

So , looking on the bright side ( as we unerringly do ) , in about ten days time you'll know how to do it all again .

I'm just trying to help.

( Funniest thing ...lol ... I so want to see this as a film )

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Wolfjob_dayjob, ThriveOrDie and 2 others
woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Sounds like a fucking nightmare, hugs.

Me I spent me day thinking if I should tell my ex-partner I have a one way ticket home and if they would like me to say. This is very stupid because they don't want me to stay. :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob and Subhuman
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
I'm sorry you're wasting your time with this, but I needed this laugh so badly

Reactions: Helpneedtips, Wolfjob_dayjob, ArtsyDrawer and 2 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
While I do appreciate the amount of stupid BS this whole thing was, it's also the most wonderfully absurd thing I've read in quite awhile. I actually laughed. Thank you!

Reactions: ArtsyDrawer, Subhuman and Temporarilyabsurd
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
After the initial rage subsided, I can't not laugh at the absurdity of it all. Sure, it's a day wasted, but looking back, this... bullshit, this... what-the-fuckery... funniest shit I've ever dealt with in a long while.

Reactions: woxihuanni, Temporarilyabsurd, k75 and 1 other person
ThriveOrDie

ThriveOrDie

We are already in hell
Jul 11, 2019
My boss asked for my help today. The same guy, I feel I should mention, who torments me over being a brain cripple. He bought his son this... I want to say "little", but it's not a little thing, not in volume. He bought him a pile of crap for his birthday. It all constitutes as one item.
I didn't look at the brand for too long, I was too busy fighting with tech support over the stupidity of it all. It's a set of things:
One (1) pair of shoes.
One (1) wristwatch.
One (1) tennis racket.
One (1) water bottle.
One... (1) I'm not sure what the hell that thing is. Looks like some kind of pendant.
So what's the point of all of this pile of sports goods?
Sit down. If you're on the phone, find a nice bench to sit down. Take off your shirt, tie it around your head to act as some sort of hamfisted helmet in case you fall down laughing (or cringing. Probably cringing) over the stupidity of it all. If you're at home, maybe try to makeshift something akin to a safety belt, like the kind cars have, except for your chair.
Each thing has a Bluetooth... thing... that sends some kind of data. The shoes have two - one for each shoe, which connects to the wristwatch, which connects to the pendant, which connects to the phone, which connects to an account on "glamoursomething", which tracks your progress in tennis. How? Why? No fucking clue.
A mission was set for me: find out how to connect it all to each other and set the guy with an account. Let me try to map out the task.

Shoe (left) -> shoe (right) -> wristwatch -> pendant -> phone -> account
Shoe (right) -> shoe (left) -> wristwatch -> pendant -> phone -> account
Tennis racket -> water bottle -> wristwatch -> pendat -> phone -> account
Water bottle -> wristwatch -> pendant -> phone -> account
Tennis racket -> pendant -> wristwatch -> phone -> account
Tennis racket -> wristwatch -> pendant
Shoe (left) -> wristwatch
Shoe (right) -> wristwatch
Tennis racket -> wristwatch
Water bottle -> wristwatch
Wristwatch -> pendant
pendant -> phone
pendant -> account
wristwatch -> phone
wristwatch -> account

"Now hold the fuck up there, Compo", you might say, "that's way too much connecting! The shoes connect to each other, the pendant, the phone, the account? What? You had to connect the fucking shoes TO EACH OTHER?! THE FUCK kind of thing is this?!"
Well, my dear friend, I very much agree. This is why I was fighting with tech support, you see. Everything but the pendant communicated with a single, tiny, nigh microscopical LED hidden in the tips of the laces. The shoes, for example, signaled they connected with four quick blinks. Connected to each other, that is. Five blinks meaning connected to the wristwatch, and six means connected to the pendant. The shoes have a tiny button, barely fitting for an adult finger, on the side of a very thick sole. ONE button. The button operates on a timer - hold for one second to connect to shoe, two for the pendant, three for the watch. Not quite these numbers, but that's the gist of it. Thankfully, tech support did take skype calls for support, because this sort of clusterfuck of technology does require visual assistance.
Where he found this clusterfuck is beyond me. I'm sitting here as I type, googling left and right, but can't find it.
It took three hours. It was three paid hours, at least, but my normal wage. I have never seen such a thing. I hope to dear god I never will. I was never a religious man, but I started doing the Christian air cross thing mid-way. It's a nice way to drop the anger at something - an odd discovery.
So yeah, I spent roughly 1/3rd of today connecting shoes to each other, a tennis racket, a water bottle, a wristwatch, a pendant and a phone. How has your day been?
:pfff::pfff::pfff:

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I think the brand is " Pleas Steal My Cool Elite Covetable Expensive Tennis Tech " .

So , looking on the bright side ( as we unerringly do ) , in about ten days time you'll know how to do it all again .

I'm just trying to help.

( Funniest thing ...lol ... I so want to see this as a film )

Narrator: "This summer..."
Compo turns his head dramatically.
Narrator: "One man..."
Compo is running for an invisible threat.
Narrator: "One mission..."
Compo jumps off of something and lands into a roll.
Narrator: "A race against time..."
Compo slowly picks up an old sword. There are runes on it. As soon as he touches the handle, the runes glow.
Narrator: "A fight against the god..."
Compo enters an old temple room. It's covered in all sorts of ancient vines. There's a massive nine-foot spider with the torso of a human, except with six arms in the middle of it. Man-Spider is holding a sword in each arm.
Man-Spider grins, showing pristine white, but sharp, dagger-like teeth.

Compo: It's been a long while, Abe.
Man-Spider: So it was, Compo. So. It. Was.
Dramatic fight scene - Compo is defending against six swords with one. The sword doesn't break, but there's a lot of sparks coming out.
Narrator: "Two enter, only one leaves!"
Compo and Man-Spider charge at each other
Compo: "AAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
Man-Spider: AAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"
Compo wakes up, drooling slightly, holding a pair of ugly af shoes, in front of him is a monitor and an upset British guy with headphones on Skype.
British guy: "Sir? Sir? Is everything alright? I understand the difficulty. Sir, I'm being monitored, please wake up or I'll have to end the call!"
Compo: "Eh..? Huh? What? Oh, shit, бля, right, so now I'm holding the... uh... tennis racket..? I'm confused as hell now. I told you, explain like I'm an idiot."
British guy: "I'm sorry, sir, this is just how the product works.
Narrator: "What-the-fuckery Legions! In theaters! This summer!"

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1768, Subhuman, ThriveOrDie and 1 other person
Temporarilyabsurd

Temporarilyabsurd

NOISE:signal
Apr 27, 2018
"That Compo , you know , he's like , Totally connected ..."

( Later that day :
"Not a problem sir ... I'll get one of my staff to help with your kids tennis internet gear , he did a great job with mine ... see you later at the club . Hey Comp , could I see you for a minute ? "

Sweat trickles icily , glacier like , all down the spine of our hero as he listens to the 'small favour' request . )

Last edited:
Reactions: Deleted member 1768
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
Why do you still work for that bozo? Maybe I just lack impulse control, but I probably would have punched that c**t's lights out by now.

Reactions: woxihuanni, Baskol1 and ArtsyDrawer
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
Why do you still work for that bozo? Maybe I just lack impulse control, but I probably would have punched that c**t's lights out by now.
Man, you have no idea how I want to do that.

Reactions: woxihuanni and Baskol1