• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
My parents are forcing me to do partial hospitalization where I go there 8am to 3pm.. 7 hours a day..

I have agoraphobia, general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, major depressive disorder, like what the fuck.

Talking to my therapist for one hour virtually makes me anxious and exhausted for the rest of the day.

Now I have to do testing, group therapy, individual therapy, and other socializing stuff.

I really don't want to do it. I think it's just going to make things worst. I'm already seeing a therapist.

waterstrider

waterstrider

cold
Nov 29, 2020
Did you already explain that that is an unhelpful setting for you to be in?

Maybe you could figure out some kind of deal - you have online therapy at home and maybe something else but are able to stay in our own room otherwise.

Im sorry either way - therapy sucks :hug:

AltFoxx

AltFoxx

Nov 27, 2020
That really sucks. Can you in any way talk to your parents and have them respect what you want? Or maybe say you get enough out of your current therapist, anything else would be wasteful. I'm not sure how you could convince them

Huntfish34

Huntfish34

Enlightened
Mar 13, 2020
Never done PHP but I have done IOP for court / lawyer recommendation. I Really didn't want to do it because of my anxiety / depression.

I didn't like some of it but Generally helped me out for the better with new friends made in the process.

Sorry this is happening either way,. Hope it gets better soon.

S

Sakura94

empty
Nov 26, 2020
Yeah the online therapy sugar suggested sounds better especially in pandemic times. They might be understanding if you mention you're worried about catching it.
I mean I'm not against a change of routine and environment because it does change fixed mindsets but it should really be voluntary on some level.

A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Did you already explain that that is an unhelpful setting for you to be in?

Maybe you could figure out some kind of deal - you have online therapy at home and maybe something else but are able to stay in our own room otherwise.

Im sorry either way - therapy sucks :hug:
Yeh but they are convinced it will fix me and forcing me to go
They said if I don't go willingly they will have authority come and take me in patient for psych ward because well they found my SN when it came in the mail.

LenkaX

LenkaX

Maybe there is a hope!
Aug 14, 2020
My parents are forcing me to do partial hospitalization where I go there 8am to 3pm.. 7 hours a day..

I have agoraphobia, general anxiety disorder, social anxiety disorder, panic disorder, major depressive disorder, like what the fuck.

Talking to my therapist for one hour virtually makes me anxious and exhausted for the rest of the day.

Now I have to do testing, group therapy, individual therapy, and other socializing stuff.

I really don't want to do it. I think it's just going to make things worst. I'm already seeing a therapist.

My experience is that any kind of therapy was useless, just a waste of money and time.

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Damn. I didn't even know partial hospitalization was a thing, and that you can be forced to do it. Are you 18+? How can your parents take over your life like that?

Reactions: Huntfish34
A

AutoTap

Elementalist
Nov 11, 2020
Damn. I didn't even know partial hospitalization was a thing, and that you can be forced to do it. Are you 18+? How can your parents take over your life like that?
Yes and it's because I live with them. If I don't do partial, I'll be forced to do full as they'll show the proof that I ordered SN and the reviews show that people use it to ctb. Plus medical record show I'm suicidal so.

I messed up by trusting them to understand.
If I don't do it I could become homeless, forced to do inpatient at psych ward, and yeh.

Last edited: