O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Somehow this feels insulting. And like maybe there was just something wrong with me to get bullied. But maybe she's changed. Kinda doubt it though

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Celerity, Kit1, Wolfalb and 14 others
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I wouldn't take it personally!

Reactions: Kit1 and LADY007
demuic

demuic

Life was a mistake
Sep 12, 2020
There is definitely a pattern those with abusive, psychopathic, or narcissistic tendencies deciding to take up social work or the mental health field. It's easy to see why.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Kit1, LADY007 and 10 others
TheHatedOne

TheHatedOne

Death is salvation
Sep 26, 2021
No wonder why there's so much abuse in such systems. Must've felt awful to hear such news. Sending big hugs.

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Kit1, Wolfalb and 6 others
Dragon's Heart

Dragon's Heart

Well, that didnt go as planned.
Dec 14, 2021
omg, I just realized that bully types will shop for victims to feed off of and may have found the vulnerabilities in patients to be low-hanging easy fruit. Fortunately, I don't think there are too many of those- most try law enforcement first and then teaching if that doesn't work.
The golden ones found in these professions are just that-golden. I cherish them when I find them but there is so much camouflage to deal with.
I also realize that people change. I'm not the same person I was 30 years ago so I suppose I can allow for it in someone else.

Reactions: Kit1, Wolfalb, blueclover_. and 3 others
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
There are some really messed up people working at psych wards. Predators are drawn to vulnerable people, hence why many vulnerable people are hesitant to open themselves up to those in the mental health field. I know from my personal experiences that it made me extremely averse to seeking "help" from these so-called "professionals", and have found it infinitely more healing to talk to likeminded individuals who are in similar predicaments to my own rather than those whose only knowledge on such matters stem from a textbook.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, Kit1, Wolfalb and 6 others
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Yeah she was also popular in school, which makes me wonder more if it was just me. But her popularity was probably mostly due to her looks… and agreed, way too many shitty people working in mental health. And yea, likeminded friends are way better and less "clinical" to talk to than therapists most of the time.

Reactions: demuic
Josh007

Josh007

The number zero is feeling lonely...
Nov 30, 2020
Somehow this feels insulting. And like maybe there was just something wrong with me to get bullied. But maybe she's changed. Kinda doubt it though
I can see why it hurts. Tbh in this era any moron can get any job. As long as they can do the job they get it. Also most ppl dissociate themselves from their work and personal lives. It could be he still bullies some ppl but likes his job.

Last edited:
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and offbalance
righttochoosevoice

righttochoosevoice

Trying to Be with what is
Dec 14, 2021
I am sorry this happened to you. Just a question, how would it feel to write her a letter? Whether you sent it or not, I wonder if that would help you. Not an email, but a letter letting her know how she affected you and how it strikes you now that she is helping people. I hope that makes sense. If this is a bad idea for you, I apologize. I just know that if I received a letter from someone I hurt in the past, I would be grateful for the reflection and the opportunity to apologize. And, it isn't you at all. Trust me. I work with bullies, and they are always coming from their own hidden and sometimes not so hidden icky-ness.

Reactions: GoldLeafIndigo, offbalance and Seiba
raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
Somehow this feels insulting. And like maybe there was just something wrong with me to get bullied. But maybe she's changed.
I'm so petty I'd make an appointment to see her and go on about this bully who bullied me in school and then I'd fucking say oh wait, she looked a lot like, you!
I wouldn't do that, but I do have an awfully petty mind.

• Yay!
Reactions: Skathon, GoldLeafIndigo, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 2 others
Sides

Sides

Dec 28, 2021
I just got out of the hospital from open heart surgery (6 vessel CABG, coronary artery bypass grafting) and before the operation, I was unbelievably stupid and was completely open and honest with my psych consult and my social worker about my mental health problems, drug abuse/dependence problems, suicide ideation although no firm plans.

I wanted help. I needed treatment. I wanted to give them the information they needed to help me. STUPID!!!!!!!

Instead, they acted sympathetic, then turned around tried to deny me my prescripted meds, and filed reports with Child and Family Services to have an investigation started against me to either remove me or my children from my home.

I trusted them, and they stabbed me in the back.

So now I have that investigation and interrogation to deal with, on top of recovering from drug withdrawal and major open heart surgery.

All because I was STUPID enough to trust the psych consult and social workers.

Learn a lesson from my mistakes. Trust nobody, never. I of all people should have known to keep my mouth shut.

I was weak and they took advantage of my weakness to take it out on my children. Is that not practically the definition of a bully?

Mental health professionals, my ass.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, GoldLeafIndigo, offbalance and 1 other person
W

waitingforrest

Elementalist
Dec 27, 2021
Reminds me of the time when I overheard a classmate say they wanted to be a therapist so they can listen to gossip.
I feel like so many medical professionals only follow what they are taught by the textbook. It's the lack of empathy that is taught in their books. Where human experiences are boiled down to labels and categories. For example, grief. It's one thing to know about grief and how to treat it, but a completely different thing if you are going through it.
Every human emotion is taught to be irrational if it is negative. Perfectly valid views of the world are brushed off as pessimistic. Any attempt to express the pain of life is met with a "it gets better".
I can understand that some professionals really do want to help, but it's their methods that aren't helping. At what point is helping prolonging suffering?
The mental health field is a complete mess. Even with the long training, empathy can't be just taught by books. Another problem is that anyone could just get into the field, leading to those who prey on vulnerable people.
Mental health is a delicate issue, we need more people that understand, not more people to talk to. I am bothered the most when I was back in college. There was a support group and students could sign up to volunteer as support people. What bothered me the most is that they didn't care about helping, they just wanted something to put on their resume. Just another extracurricular. Just to feed into their savior complex.
The moment when someone mentions ctb is the point when a conversation turns into an argument. Their empathy only goes as far as canned toxic positivity. The same hollowness that comes from those inspirational messages on Instagram.
Sorry for the long spew. It's just what you posted resonates with me. I guess I just never thought about how bitter I am towards the system. It bothers me that she is now a therapist. But I do hope she's changed.

• Love
Reactions: Rogue Proxy, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, offbalance and 1 other person
Insomniac

Insomniac

𝔄 𝔲 𝔱 𝔦 𝔰 𝔪
May 21, 2021
There is definitely a pattern those with abusive, psychopathic, or narcissistic tendencies deciding to take up social work or the mental health field.
would explain why there are so many "psychiatrists" and "psychologists" out there demonising mental illnesses and profiting off of people misery in the worst ways. would explain why the mental health system is so trash basically.

Reactions: Skathon and demuic
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
There is definitely a pattern those with abusive, psychopathic, or narcissistic tendencies deciding to take up social work or the mental health field. It's easy to see why.
:O i had no idea this was a thing.

now i feel like it explains why my experience with MH services and workers have never been good. this pisses me off so much, my hope is further diminished.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wolfalb and demuic
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Part of the job is apparently to remove people's freedom, strap them down and inject them with weird shit. Not surprised...

Reactions: Wolfalb, Rogue Proxy, Skathon and 1 other person
U

user_name_here

N/A
May 16, 2021
the suicide rate at the place i used is incredibly high too. but the weirdest part, I was told this by my councilor, and on a separate occasion by my therapist.

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: demuic and offbalance