• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
You'd think I would be over my ex. Moved some of the photos from my phone to a USB, blocked her on everything, and ignored her last time she attempted to contact me. I felt like all of that would do me good, and maybe it has tbh but it hasn't stopped me from being triggered by something.

You see, even though I blocked her early last month, I didn't block her family. They were kind and I honestly enjoy seeing the posts about her nephew grow up, which her foster parents post and they haven't posted (that I've seen at least) anything about her. Today though, they posted photos of her and her boyfriend, the guy she cheated on me with šŸ™ƒ.

Seeing this photo kinda triggered me and my mood is honestly soured now. I unfollowed her foster parents now, so that shouldn't happen again. Now I just feel upset and needed to vent. I plan on using this for motivation when I am at the gym tomorrow, as I know this will be on my mind tomorrow anyways, so might as well direct it towards positive things. I'm going to go do some school work now to take my mind off of this stuff.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
It doesn't sound like a new trigger. It sounds like an old trigger just reappearing in n unexpected place, which I know can be very distressing.

It's understandable to have lingering feelings of hurt and betrayal. She was a dead end and you will have got plenty of potential avenues to follow. It's good that instead of being derailed you are trying to use it as motivation.

Reactions: Ash
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
It doesn't sound like a new trigger. It sounds like an old trigger just reappearing in n unexpected place, which I know can be very distressing.

It's understandable to have lingering feelings of hurt and betrayal. She was a dead end and you will have got plenty of potential avenues to follow. It's good that instead of being derailed you are trying to use it as motivation.
That's probably right tbh. I don't think I've actually seen the two together before, so that's my reasoning behind saying "new trigger." I obviously am aware that they are together, but I don't think I've seen them together, both online and in-person.

But yeah, I don't want to let something like that push me too far away from what I want to do, like go to the gym. I did go this morning and used it as motivation before it left my mind and I just focused on my workout.

Overall I am in a much better mood, although I've avoided social media all day so far.

KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Apr 15, 2024
You'd think I would be over my ex. Moved some of the photos from my phone to a USB, blocked her on everything, and ignored her last time she attempted to contact me. I felt like all of that would do me good, and maybe it has tbh but it hasn't stopped me from being triggered by something.

You see, even though I blocked her early last month, I didn't block her family. They were kind and I honestly enjoy seeing the posts about her nephew grow up, which her foster parents post and they haven't posted (that I've seen at least) anything about her. Today though, they posted photos of her and her boyfriend, the guy she cheated on me with šŸ™ƒ.

Seeing this photo kinda triggered me and my mood is honestly soured now. I unfollowed her foster parents now, so that shouldn't happen again. Now I just feel upset and needed to vent. I plan on using this for motivation when I am at the gym tomorrow, as I know this will be on my mind tomorrow anyways, so might as well direct it towards positive things. I'm going to go do some school work now to take my mind off of this stuff.
Man, you are lucky you even CAN take your mind off of this stuff by doing other PRODUCTIVE activities. For me, I would be consumed with an onslaught of thoughts and rapid pulse and gnashing of teeth and could barely do even something UNproductive, like watching a movie to set my mind on other stuff.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
Man, you are lucky you even CAN take your mind off of this stuff by doing other PRODUCTIVE activities. For me, I would be consumed with an onslaught of thoughts and rapid pulse and gnashing of teeth and could barely do even something UNproductive, like watching a movie to set my mind on other stuff.
Trying to be productive is the only way I can cope. Although my mental health is taking a huge hit, making the gym an awful place to be right now. I compare myself too often. I hate forcing myself to go now. It's crazy how much of a dip it's taken since this post. I don't really know what to say other than the acknowledgment that it's unique how the human brain functions, and while productivity is good for me (assuming I can do it), it might not be for others. I certainly don't feel lucky lol

• Hugs
Reactions: LaVieEnRose