• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
...what's your mindset here? As in, why exactly do you think that your death would cause a positive impact on the entire world? I don't understand it. I see people say it on this site all the time but I can never understand why. I can at least sort of understand the notion of feeling like a burden on family as that's more realistic but... the entire world!?

I don't know, it just feels strange to me as it would imply that you have a lot of impact on the planet when you don't. Only the rich people have a lot of impact on this planet. As for the rest of us, once we die, the world will move on as it is as we are all so insignificant to even affect the world to begin with. We aren't really special to where we can impact the world

I'm just curious as to why people think they have so much impact on the world to where they think that their death would make the planet better

lemonbunny

lemonbunny

daydreaming the pain away ☆.。.:*・°
Sep 9, 2023
i dont think anybody's really saying their death is going to be momentous and change history. "the world would be better off without me" seems to imply a sense of societal rejection, rather. the small part of the world we DO inhabit, which includes our immediate family and friends, would be greatly impacted by our death. a person's world is made up of their home, community, the people they see every day. feeling unable to contribute positively to that world, feeling useless in that world, is what makes this an oft-used statement.

Last edited:
Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I have a tendency to be hyperbolic when I'm in pain. I know the world doesn't give two fucks whether I live or die. In reality, I just feel like a burden to my personal community of loved ones and the like.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
I think it is a way of speaking, basically. I don't think it is meant literally.

Last edited:
C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
Yea I use 'everyone' but meaning more the folk I know/have known and minimising the issues of potentially meeting any 'new' people and then messing with them and causing them upset/grief/additional stress when everyone has enough of their own shit to be dealing with as it is.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I don't really think like this overall. As in- it isn't a major reason for me to want to go. But- sure- I don't think my being alive does this planet as a whole many favours. I don't like looking at all the rubbish I generate and thinking- that's all going to end up in landfill. I'd say the vast majority of us, just through living day to day exploit others- humans, animals, the environment and add to polluting and destroying the natural world. That doesn't make me happy. I'd rather not be doing it. I'd rather not be alive to have to do it.

• Love
Reactions: ConfusedClouds
LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
When I say "world", I mean the world. Sure, the impact will be minimal, not even big enough to be measurable, but it's still there. I don't see why I should have a negative impact on this planet, even if incredibly small, if I can choose to have no impact at all.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I don't understand this either. My reason for ctb isn't because "other people/the world would be better off without me", it's because I would be better off without the world. I feel like life isn't worth living. I don't want to be a slave to the system. Why should I care about the world if it's never cared about me? I see no reason to participate in or contribute to society. Society has never done anything for me, so why should I feel obligated to it? @ijustwishtodie are you American btw?

Last edited:
Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
i dont think anybody's really saying their death is going to be momentous and change history. "the world would be better off without me" seems to imply a sense of societal rejection, rather. the small part of the world we DO inhabit, which includes our immediate family and friends, would be greatly impacted by our death. a person's world is made up of their home, community, the people they see every day. feeling unable to contribute positively to that world, feeling useless in that world, is what makes this an oft-used statement.
This makes more sense. So, when they talk about being a burden to "the world", they mean "their world" instead of the actual world here? I guess that makes sense as people do tend to consider their own life as their own world and so forth. Anything outside of this is irrelevant to them.
When I say that, i moreso mean my family than anything else...
That makes sense
I have a tendency to be hyperbolic when I'm in pain. I know the world doesn't give two fucks whether I live or die. In reality, I just feel like a burden to my personal community of loved ones and the like.
I know that some people say it as a way to be hyperbolic which made me consider not posting this thread but, the more I look at what some people say, the more I think that some people aren't being hyperbolic and genuinely do mean what they do. I think that the explanation given by @lemonbunny above with the idea that people are talking about their own world instead of the actual world is the reason why people tend to use the phrase "I'm a burden on the world" and so on.
I think it is a way of speaking, basically. I don't think it is meant literally.
Yeah, I agree. I just didn't know what way of speaking it was until a few people here shared their opinions on it. At first I thought it was all just a hyperbole but I've noticed some people genuinely believe in what they say
Yea I use 'everyone' but meaning more the folk I know/have known and minimising the issues of potentially meeting any 'new' people and then messing with them and causing them upset/grief/additional stress when everyone has enough of their own shit to be dealing with as it is.
So, would you say that you're more so referring to your "own world"? As in, you're referring to life from your perspective only and not from a perspective that considers humanity as a whole? A life in where you think you are a burden to everybody who you know and/or could potentially get to know in the future instead of all of humanity?
I don't really think like this overall. As in- it isn't a major reason for me to want to go. But- sure- I don't think my being alive does this planet as a whole many favours. I don't like looking at all the rubbish I generate and thinking- that's all going to end up in landfill. I'd say the vast majority of us, just through living day to day exploit others- humans, animals, the environment and add to polluting and destroying the natural world. That doesn't make me happy. I'd rather not be doing it. I'd rather not be alive to have to do it.
I thought that everybody who talked about being a burden on this world thought like this too but they don't. So far from what I've seen, you seem like the first person to actually consider the idea of you being a burden on the world as a whole. Still, is the impact of one average person like us on the world really that severe? Of course humanity as a whole is complicit in the things you've listed but a single average individual is unlikely to contribute that much to landfill waste and global warming, right?
When I say "world", I mean the world. Sure, the impact will be minimal, not even big enough to be measurable, but it's still there. I don't see why I should have a negative impact on this planet, even if incredibly small, if I can choose to have no impact at all.
How big of an impact are we talking about? As in, what exactly are you currently doing in which the cessation of your existence can "fix" the world to some impact even if it's very small?
I don't understand this either. My reason for ctb isn't because "other people/the world would be better off without me", it's because I would be better off without the world. I feel like life isn't worth living. I don't want to be a slave to the system. Why should I care about the world if it's never cared about me? I see no reason to participate in or contribute to society. Society has never done anything for me, so why should I feel obligated to it? @ijustwishtodie are you American btw?
That's my reason too. It isn't due to other people being better off without me; it's due to me being better off without other people and existence as a whole. Every human is selfish and cares for themselves anyway, why can't I? I wish to be dead because I prioritise my own desires over other people's desires.

Also, no, I'm not american. I'm from the UK. On one hand, I would say I'm glad I'm not american due to... self explanatory reasons (i.e. american society) but, on the other hand, no matter from which part of the world I'm in, I'd always feel the same way about existence because basically every country forces you to be a slave to the system. It'd be nice if there was a hidden country which took people like us who don't want to participate in the wage slave system whilst the ones who glorify work can continue to slave their lives away but unfortunately no such thing exists

Last edited:
ThymeToLeave

ThymeToLeave

Adventurer
Dec 12, 2023
Most of the people I've met have made it clear they don't want me around. Only a couple have actually suggested I ctb but it's obvious the rest agree.

Reactions: Homo erectus
C

ConfusedClouds

Mar 9, 2024
So, would you say that you're more so referring to your "own world"? As in, you're referring to life from your perspective only and not from a perspective that considers humanity as a whole? A life in where you think you are a burden to everybody who you know and/or could potentially get to know in the future instead of all of humanity?
Yes predominantly my own world, extended to those I 'may' meet in the future (I am not settled at all, bouncing between jobs and accommodation etc so this is an extended world).

But, I definitely have big waves where like @Forever Sleep and @LuvMeMusic I am super conscious of my unnecessary use of finite resources by existing. Why should I be adding to the problem of overpopulation/human race trashing the place when I see the next generation of kids out there in environments where they want to be here and should be able to enjoy a future. Knowing a lot of friends from the past have families/kids now (I'm 30s).

But yes, as also discussed, in the grand scheme its only minimal use of resources. Bordering arrogant to think I would make a big difference. But I guess its enough that I'm conscious of it.

Extending from that, I really struggle being around folk who live much more 'disposable' and 'consumer' lives, I find it overwhelming the lack of 'action' of others, more notably in town/city communities. But that's a different thread!

Reactions: Homo erectus
LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
How big of an impact are we talking about? As in, what exactly are you currently doing in which the cessation of your existence can "fix" the world to some impact even if it's very small?
We all are, directly or indirectly, contributing to the decline of our ecosystem, so my death would mean that one less person would be affecting the environment. "Minimising your footprint" and all that. It's similar to why some people choose to be vegan or take the bus instead of the car. The impact is minimal, but you're still doing something.
Environment aside, I leech off of the state. I take their money and give nothing in return. My value as a person is pretty much negative. I take but never give, and as such, ceasing to exist would benefit my country economically.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
Yeah, I agree. I just didn't know what way of speaking it was until a few people here shared their opinions on it. At first I thought it was all just a hyperbole but I've noticed some people genuinely believe in what they say
Yes, true.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
This makes more sense. So, when they talk about being a burden to "the world", they mean "their world" instead of the actual world here? I guess that makes sense as people do tend to consider their own life as their own world and so forth. Anything outside of this is irrelevant to them.

That makes sense

I know that some people say it as a way to be hyperbolic which made me consider not posting this thread but, the more I look at what some people say, the more I think that some people aren't being hyperbolic and genuinely do mean what they do. I think that the explanation given by @lemonbunny above with the idea that people are talking about their own world instead of the actual world is the reason why people tend to use the phrase "I'm a burden on the world" and so on.

I thought that everybody who talked about being a burden on this world thought like this too but they don't. So far from what I've seen, you seem like the first person to actually consider the idea of you being a burden on the world as a whole. Still, is the impact of one average person like us on the world really that severe? Of course humanity as a whole is complicit in the things you've listed but a single average individual is unlikely to contribute that much to landfill waste and global warming, right?

That's my reason too. It isn't due to other people being better off without me; it's due to me being better off without other people and existence as a whole. Every human is selfish and cares for themselves anyway, why can't I? I wish to be dead because I prioritise my own desires over other people's desires.

Also, no, I'm not american. I'm from the UK. On one hand, I would say I'm glad I'm not american due to... self explanatory reasons (i.e. american society) but, on the other hand, no matter from which part of the world I'm in, I'd always feel the same way about existence because basically every country forces you to be a slave to the system. It'd be nice if there was a hidden country which took people like us who don't want to participate in the wage slave system whilst the ones who glorify work can continue to slave their lives away but unfortunately no such thing exists

I guess none of us really know how much individual damage we do. But- put it this way, a single plastic bottle takes 450 years to decompose. I dread to think how many animals have died at my expense. I've only been vegetarian a few years. The worst of it all is that I don't even want to be here! I'm here, feeling guilty for the damage I'm inflicting but at the same time- I think it's terribly unfair to have been burdened with that impossible choice. If I do it now- kill myself. It likely could devastate at least one person's life. But by living, I'm creating suffering for others.

But anyhow, we're just reassured that it's all ok. Everyone's doing it, so, why shouldn't we? And, it's easier, more comfortable and convenient to go along with it. So, most of us do. Me included to the larger extent.

People have killed themselves though over it. There was a big story not so long ago about a man chatting to an AI about the environment. The panic was that the AI had encouraged him to sacrifice himself to unburden the environment but regardless- that's where his thoughts were clearly taking him...

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I say this a lot and I'm aware that my CTB would not have as much of an impact as I say it would.

Whenever I say that my death would make the world a better place I actually mean that the world would be better if more people like me all around the world actually killed themselves. It's not difficult to imagine that the world would be so much better if every single cruel and selfish person were to simply remove themselves from the equation. I guarantee that most people on this site have at least one person that they wish were dead. Even prolifers get happy when the Sasu members that they misblame for killing their loved ones end up CTB'ing later on.

Sure, one thirty year old virgin incel killing himself isn't going to change much but even though I don't expect others will actually follow suit, I know that at least me being dead is my way of saving random women from future suffering that I am going to cause them just by being attracted to them.

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
I say this a lot and I'm aware that my CTB would not have as much of an impact as I say it would.

Whenever I say that my death would make the world a better place I actually mean that the world would be better if more people like me all around the world actually killed themselves. It's not difficult to imagine that the world would be so much better if every single cruel and selfish person were to simply remove themselves from the equation. I guarantee that most people on this site have at least one person that they wish were dead. Even prolifers get happy when the Sasu members that they misblame for killing their loved ones end up CTB'ing later on.

Sure, one thirty year old virgin incel killing himself isn't going to change much but even though I don't expect others will actually follow suit, I know that at least me being dead is my way of saving random women from future suffering that I am going to cause them just by being attracted to them.
Why do you call yourself an incel? 😭 You don't seem that bad

sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023

That makes sense

What's it like in the UK?

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
We all are, directly or indirectly, contributing to the decline of our ecosystem, so my death would mean that one less person would be affecting the environment. "Minimising your footprint" and all that. It's similar to why some people choose to be vegan or take the bus instead of the car. The impact is minimal, but you're still doing something.
Environment aside, I leech off of the state. I take their money and give nothing in return. My value as a person is pretty much negative. I take but never give, and as such, ceasing to exist would benefit my country economically.
The first part of what you say is true. Though, wouldn't you minimising your footprint by not having any kids and so forth? After all that means one less person who would eventually contribute to the ecosystem. I'm no scientist but I feel like having biological kids is the biggest contributer to the ecosystem declining. Then again, I do suppose that you technically would be avoiding that if you were to die but my point is that you can still technically counteract the damage you done by not having kids. Either way, your points here for the first part does seem logical.

As for the second part regarding the government, why do you care so much about wanting to give back to the government? Genuine question. In my case, I wish I could leech off of them as I don't care about them one single bit. I have no empathy for them as they have none for us

Homo erectus

Homo erectus

Mage
Mar 7, 2023
Once I thought I would save the world some energy if I died. But then I noticed they suddenly had so much energy to run AI, GPT, LLM, I realized I was wrong about the scarcity of energy.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

消えたい
Sep 13, 2023
Why do you care about giving something in return? The state is just doing its duty to you as a citizen. Governments should at least help their citizens

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

Oct 29, 2023
What's it like in the UK?
I honestly don't think that it's significantly better than america as people like to say. I don't know the political side of it as I don't bother exploring politics but the government's decisions here are pissing my parents off which is saying something as my parents are the type to always use toxic positivity instead of getting pissed off. Also, the job opportunities here seems extremely awful, at least for engineering which is what I'm studying. America values engineers better than the UK does. Also, also, people here have complained about the health care non stop due to the mental health team being absolutely abysmal, due to long waiting times and other bs issues

This place is a shithole. I think that looking at the recent cases of the BBC trying to get rid of all SN sources must indicate that to some capacity. People here are extremely pro life..

• Informative
LuvMeMusic

LuvMeMusic

Student
Jan 24, 2024
The first part of what you say is true. Though, wouldn't you minimising your footprint by not having any kids and so forth? After all that means one less person who would eventually contribute to the ecosystem. I'm no scientist but I feel like having biological kids is the biggest contributer to the ecosystem declining. Then again, I do suppose that you technically would be avoiding that if you were to die but my point is that you can still technically counteract the damage you done by not having kids. Either way, your points here for the first part does seem logical.

As for the second part regarding the government, why do you care so much about wanting to give back to the government? Genuine question. In my case, I wish I could leech off of them as I don't care about them one single bit. I have no empathy for them as they have none for us
I care because I never have and never will give back. It's a giving and taking. If you don't give, you don't deserve to take. If I wouldn't ctb, I'd end up homeless.
Why do you care about giving something in return? The state is just doing its duty to you as a citizen. Governments should at least help their citizens
They already did their duty by providing money to my parent for raising me. I am expected to pay it back, which will never happen. They spent, what, $60k just in child benefits, and I won't pay a single cent back.

• Informative
theboy

theboy

Visionary
Jul 15, 2022
I'm just wasting oxygen. my death would give the oxygen to someone else who wants to live.