Votes: 49 31.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
mytimemysunflower

mytimemysunflower

Feb 18, 2023
I feel neutral about them but whenever I'm reminded of them existing or people ask/stare at them then I get anxious

Reactions: LunarPyotr
Slasher

Slasher

crybaby
Jun 6, 2023
pretty scarred up, if people see them they see them. I'm decently jacked and having scarred arms and legs while people always want to touch or ask you to pose is not fun lmao. they usually say nothing when they notice but some just point it out.

I

inkognito

Jun 27, 2023
Tbh the short relief of self destruction is not worth it. I have scars running from my arms to just above my knees and I feel ugly looking at myself and seeing nothing but tiger stripes that shouldn't be there. I was bullied about it in school, by people I truly trusted. My late boyfriend was horrified when he found out and asked me why I had done it and I never had an answer for him. He killed himself last Christmas. When I went to his grave I had broke down and told him everything. I like to think he was there listening, probably unlikely, but still..

spooky0-0

spooky0-0

Sep 12, 2023
I was cutting for about 4ish maybe 5 years and have had stitches a couple of times so my scars are very noticeable and I get asked about them all the time by little kids who don't know or nosy people but I'm kinda just used to it and It doesn't bother me unless someone says something rude about it.

P

painpaingoaway

Sep 16, 2023
Most of the time I despise them. I look at the tattoos I got to cover them but all that I can see is the marks of my own weakness behind the ink.

However, when I concede to the dark thoughts that are always whispering on my ear, I absolutely love them. I cherish every single one of them and savor the memories of that delicious and freeing pain that came with each one.

There's just one that I can't enjoy. It was by far the deepest cut I got, by accident. I cut myself in secret, but enraged at myself I made a deep cut on my forearm, looked at the "styrofoam" and fainted by the fear of having to get stitches and exposing my secret. Next thing I remember, my fiancee was sobbing by my side. Everytime I look at that specific scar I feel like a monster for making her feel as sad and desperate as she felt that day.

After that, I learned to just scratch myself with a knife. I take extra care so the cuts are shallow, so they heal faster and are easier to hide.

Styrotoast

Styrotoast

Jan 24, 2023
I really like mine, they look almost satisfying I guess but the idea of how other people would react to them really hurts sometimes. Thankfully my scars can easily be hidden by clothing due to where they are and that I wear warmer clothes but that still makes it so any act of intimacy requires atleast one super uncomfortable conversation lol.

Reactions: claraisnotcarol
toro

toro

dr pepper drinker
Feb 11, 2023
sometimes i think they ruin me completely and that they're super ugly and disgusting (the only thing i have going for me is that i'm atleast average, so when one thing brings the whole grade down it really annoys me), and then other times i just sit and stare at them. i feel very weirdly about them. hideous but pretty, would hate to make new ones but love the way they look when they're white and healed, etc etc

sadwriter

sadwriter

Hanging in there
Aug 29, 2023
I've only ever cut once, but did so probably 20 times over the course of a couple of days. The scars are healing slowly but I really wish they'd finally fade completely. Having to see them every day has definitely prevented me from making cutting a habit.

With0ut

With0ut

In bereft land, a raven, flies.
Oct 1, 2023
I personally love mine, i used to hate them untill i realized i could make cool designs and carvings so now they look aesthetic and even non self harmers don't see them as sh but more like tattoos.

P

painpaingoaway

Sep 16, 2023
I personally love mine, i used to hate them untill i realized i could make cool designs and carvings so now they look aesthetic and even non self harmers don't see them as sh but more like tattoos.
You just described the scarification body mod

Reactions: With0ut
plastic_melter

plastic_melter

Aug 27, 2023
I feel like it's an inconvenience to have to wear long sleeves and/or wrist braces to hide them at work, but accepting that they'll never heal means you can go over them as much as you want. Good deal overall

Reactions: UtopianSoliloquies
UtopianSoliloquies

UtopianSoliloquies

Act 3 Scene 1
Jan 21, 2023
I personally like them, and yet their appearance is so antithetical to the person I present myself as to my friends and family that I nevertheless hide them from anyone but my closest friends.

CTBookOfLife

CTBookOfLife

ᴶᵘˢᵗ ᵃ ˢʰᵉˡˡ ᵒᶠ ᵃ ᵇᵒᵈʸ ʷⁱᵗʰ ᵐᵃⁿʸ ᵐⁱⁿᵈˢ
Aug 5, 2023
I have four very obvious scars on my left wrist from a CTB attempt.

Most of the time I don't think about them, but when I do...

I've gotten scared of people seeing them in case they called the police or something similar (yes, I know that's not likely).

Sometimes I look at them and feel a deep feeling of... sadness.

And in my darkest moments, I trace them and wish I had more. I used to be obsessed with scars as a kid.

claraisnotcarol

claraisnotcarol

from dust to dust
Oct 4, 2023
well, it's curious because I really have a toxic relationship with my scars. I've been self harming for ten years now and I'm in my early twenties. My body is full of scars, so there's no way of hiding them. I even have some of them in form of words or sentences around my body. Sorry, I'm rambling. My point is, objectively I see them and I feel so useless because I ruined possible careers, jobs etc, but at the same time, it's like for ten years I've done all this "efforts". Kind of like, when you embrace your own sadness because you're just so comfortable. If my scars suddenly disappeared it would be like losing a part of myself. it'd would be toxicly (if that's given a word) horrible.
sometimes i think they ruin me completely and that they're super ugly and disgusting (the only thing i have going for me is that i'm atleast average, so when one thing brings the whole grade down it really annoys me), and then other times i just sit and stare at them. i feel very weirdly about them. hideous but pretty, would hate to make new ones but love the way they look when they're white and healed, etc etc
hideous but pretty... it's just the perfect way to describe that feeling, I understand you so much

• Hugs
Reactions: Vaelen
Qua

Qua

there's no turning back now
Apr 30, 2023
I really don't care about them. They're not that big nor in a noticeable place so I just ignore their existence

Vaelen

Vaelen

Oct 2, 2023
The rows I have on my thighs luckily aren't too visible. Every time I see them they tend to jump scare me as I don't wear shorts to keep myself from thinking about them or relapsing.

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
I voted I really love mine but I don't exactly. After spending grades 7, 8, and 9 at an out of state military school suggested by a psychiatrist so I get reprogrammed as a proper young man instead of a girl. and ages 12-22 in conversion therapy to try to kill off the urges to want to be a girl, between the guilt of being a sinful hearted pervert and the gender dysphoria I sliced my wrist up at 29 ad almost bled out. It was a huge bloody mess. Close to 40 stitches.

Now both my parents are dead. I am finially trying to come out enough to be me. No, I did not go buy any dresses, I am not that far yet.

I talk to people as an objective observer how with out medical care 40% of transgender people attempt suicide. They always say I call bull shit on that. Then I raise my arm and let them see the scars. They turn pale. There eyes get big in disbelief and like a little scared mouse meekly ask What is that? I reply- this is what transgender people do when they cannot get medical help.

That scar is 36y years old. I think of it as a battle scar fighing trans phobia. My father among many things said I wish you were not my son, but since you are I wish I could kill you. My father would truly rather have a dead son than a living daughter. I though he would be happy if I did what he could not legally do and that is ending my life.

IMG 4803

Last edited:
wobblycoatrack

wobblycoatrack

Oct 5, 2023
So my arms are pretty much covered in scars, there are/ were some pretty nasty ones but I've gotten surgery for some of them and I'm planning on getting surgery in the future. Most are SH but I've got a couple from attempts that are really noticeable.if I'm home I'm usually fine with them and going out isn't a huge deal cos I just cover them up, it's when summer hits that I find myself hating them way more, I can't wear cute short sleeve dresses, I can't go to the beach and swim without a rashie, and I often end up majorly overheating due to having to cover up and not having many summer long sleeve shirts. Partially this is due to me being super self conscious about them and sometimes ashamed and partially due to needing to cover up for a while after the surgery so the scars fade as much as possible.

It's overall decreased my confidence and quality of life so while my feelings fluctuate between neutral and hating them, I would do anything to get rid of them or minimise them as much as possible.