T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I think I started feeling a sense of pressure to CBT when shows like Westworld became the norm... Such that they are normalizing the type of shit.

How long do you think a person has to CBT before having to worry about a threat of being spawned back, re uploaded
As if the karma story isn't scary enough humans started allowing this and clicking I agree to the small print of permission for big data to clone your brain.
Would you say 2030-35-40?
It would be nice if humans weren't as they are and actually strived for a better world. But I guess the majority want to be repeatedly tortured in digital hellscapes

Reactions: 54378, pthnrdnojvsc and Forever Sleep
lachrymost

lachrymost

finger on the eject button
Oct 4, 2022
I think it's a good idea to ask pro-lifers if they would still feel the same way about suicide if humans had a much longer lifespan. Say it's thousands of years of being a shambling, half-decayed almost-corpse. At what point would they say we should "call it" and let people decide, or even help them do it? Some people need help learning that consciousness itself is not desirable. My biggest fear is that consciousness somehow goes on forever, which is so much scarier than death could ever be.

Reactions: 54378, TooConscious, pthnrdnojvsc and 1 other person
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah, it's pretty terrifying to think they would do it without someone's permission. Stll- seeing as we live in a capitalist society- there would surely need to be monetry gain in bringing us back. Surely, some of us generate more money for the economy than others... Maybe they'll leave the poor alone... Maybe start earning less and spending less to avoid being targetted! We'd surely need to be useful in some way to warrant bringing us back...

Reactions: TooConscious
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Great TV Show it really gave me a great feeling of how it all could be a simulation since the simulation theories isnĀ“t just one but there are many and Westworld was amazing at portraying that

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I think it's a good idea to ask pro-lifers if they would still feel the same way about suicide if humans had a much longer lifespan. Say it's thousands of years of being a shambling, half-decayed almost-corpse. At what point would they say we should "call it" and let people decide, or even help them do it? Some people need help learning that consciousness itself is not desirable. My biggest fear is that consciousness somehow goes on forever, which is so much scarier than death could ever be.
Yes . How else are you going to get rid of bad memories and never be able to suffer extremely again.? Only to forever destroy my brain. My brain is the only thing that generates my consciousness. Consciousness is why I can suffer .

After death is non-existence forever imo. I have no fear that after this brain dies that I will ever be conscious again.

I'm glad that after death I will never be conscious again so I won't be able to suffer ever again

I believe that a human brain is similar to that of chatgpt and virtually identical to that of a cat šŸ˜ŗ

They say a human brain is so powerful. But chatgpt can do in 1 second what it would take me hours like code or write a detailed essay

Last edited:
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Scares me too, why is there something instead of nothing. I don't want to know... Just hope to be gone.

Surely in any lasting universe the monetary wealth of a human wouldnt mean anything, if they got a brain aneurysm and then it would just turn into a story of their 'loved' ones planning to kill them because we know how loyal people are ...
But we are not as inadequate as we've been made to feel. Often the less money the richer the inner life. I know nothing I'm just another dumb statistic and hope none existence is all that awaits.

Reactions: lachrymost