Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Oh wow, really?!
That was one of the many things I became interested in over the past few years but I am too swamped with situational trauma and misery to be productive. The core issues are out of my control, regretfully.
Do you mind expanding on how you got into it and what skills you had to learn or what courses you had to take to fulfill knowledge requirements in order to do the work? Just out of curiosity. Or are you self-taught at all?
I started writing code, doing 3D art/animation, and creating music at a early age. I eventually figured why not combine my hobbies? I'm self taught with everything but I'd be more than happy to share some good resources or advice if you're interested. I think it's best to focus on one aspect of game development if you're new to it entirely.

• Love
Reactions: sunsetintehwoods and LastFlowers
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
I started writing code, doing 3D art/animation, and creating music at a early age. I eventually figured why not combine my hobbies? I'm self taught with everything but I'd be more than happy to share some good resources or advice if you're interested. I think it's best to focus on one aspect of game development if you're new to it entirely.
Impressive! I also came to realize-by way of playing a lot of indie pc games-that video games are a great way of incooperating a lot of different interests and talents, including the telling of a story in some cases.
It's great to have control over so many aspects of a creative endeavor.
I have been interested in all those things too, plus more, but although I am curious, I don't want you to waste too much of your breath on the walking dead lol, if I haven't been able to get a solid start on any of my wishful pursuits by now (I'm not getting any younger), then it's not in the cards.
At this point, I know the end is near.
I guess I still think in "what ifs" and maladaptive daydreaming-to the point I start to actually dip my toes into the real-world process but am always blindsided by my own circumstances. It's like an arrow of poisonous fatigue is shot through my neck after every baby step.

I have tried to get back into playing an instrument (granted it's borderline unusable atm), I have tried to get into drawing/art, barely stepped into the world of coding, etc, and I have to quickly come back up for air because I just cannot focus worth a damn, especially when my enjoyment of anything is stripped away entirely. (I also lack the ability to finance some of these things tbf)
I have ambitions and dead dreams that try to resuscitate themselves through hiding under the misnomer of "distractions", but zero motivation or drive, on the contrary, I know the effort would be in vain.

But hey, if I am still here and you ever have the spare time to just drop some knowledge or resources into my lap, my pms are open and I certainly won't complain.
I thank you for the offer.
I'm also curious about your project but I know sharing it could be identifying, so I won't push for details.
I just think that's really cool and I applaud you and anyone who contributes to creating things that often end up meaning a lot to people who so desperately need an outlet for the pain of the human experience. I always appreciate things like film, books, music, video games, you name it, which are more helpful and meaningful than the world gives them credit for. (Well, besides the countless award shows for certain players involved lol..for film & music at least, but in everyday life, the significance of many of these creations can be trivialized.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay? and Brick In The Wall
Sprite_Geist

Sprite_Geist

NULL
May 27, 2020
This is a difficult question, because there are still so many games that I have yet to complete before death. As of now I am playing through the Wolfenstein series. Yesterday I completed RealRTCW which is essentially an overhaul of Return To Castle Wolfenstein. I am now moving onto the MachineGames/Bethesda universe Wolfenstein games. Also I must get back to playing Halo: MCC because they have just released a new season with a whole new set of armours.

Sadly, the only reason for me to live is to play video games.
This is probably the only reason why I will be upset to leave this existence: because I will no longer be around to enjoy any new and exciting video games, movies and books.

DunnoWhyButYeah

DunnoWhyButYeah

~*-*~
Apr 3, 2020
I can't choose only one :( I probably would enjoy whole day with few games what I really love like Skyrim, sonic, wow, conan exiles.

L

lonerclown666

Mage
Dec 1, 2020
i hate videogames now because they make me wasting my time in this earth but if choose one maybe will be Super Mario 64

AlternativeSnoo

AlternativeSnoo

Oct 21, 2020
Breath of the wild probably. I'm about 50 hours in and still have a long way to go. I doubt if I'll be able to beat ganon before ctb.