SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
I want to finish Life is Strange and I'll replay Night in the woods and Oxenfree.

• Love
Reactions: lucid, charlottewilts, Qverty7455 and 2 others
Eternal Pessimist

Eternal Pessimist

Student
Oct 16, 2019
RDR2 will probably be the last new game I'll playthrough now that it's coming out on PC, assuming that it's not incredibly long or difficult.

As far as the very final game goes I guess I'd play some Super Mario Bros. 3. I have some very fond memories of that game. We didn't own the game when I was young and had to rent it every time I wanted to play it so it always felt really special when I got to play it.

Reactions: Haku
chrijo

chrijo

done
Feb 8, 2019
Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

February 2020 - After that, I can die in peace :-)

• Love
Reactions: Haku and SuicidalSymphonies
WhiteDespair

WhiteDespair

The Temporary Problem is Life
Oct 24, 2019
I'd bring out my NES or Sega Genesis. Reminds me of simpler times when Mike Tyson was the worst thing that I'd face.

• Love
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
Ori and the Will of the Wisps.

February 2020 - After that, I can die in peace :-)

I still need to play Ori and the blind forest.. Love your Limbo photo.

• Love
Reactions: Haku and chrijo
Neverod

Neverod

>:^3
Aug 8, 2019
I'm already playing Dark souls 3, i'm almost over with it again (third playthrough), should be done when my SN arrives. Just wanted to experience the beautiful story once more. Wish i could play The outer worlds tho, seems awesome.

Reactions: 56709 and Haku
sammii

sammii

I have no idea what I’m doing.
Oct 9, 2019
Probably Bioshock Infinite, it's one of my favourites of all time and I haven't played it in ages. Wouldn't mind playing the whole thing one last time before I ctb :)) it's such a beautiful game

StillWaiting

StillWaiting

Need cats to comfort me
Jul 28, 2018
Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth

Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
I'm so sorry that your going through this pain, and also sorry about your friend, I hope they went peacefully. And I've never played Ace Attorney, but I've watched a few videos of the games, and I have Breath of the Wild, it's a great game, but unfortunately I have yet to finish it, and the sad thing is, I bought it on release and my Switch with it. There so much to do, and a little bit difficult at times, and once the dlc came out, I tried to do those, all the shrines and missions before I went to go fight Gannon, but with my depression, I felt like I lost the love of gaming a bit, especially for the longer games, it started feeling like a chore, I would have to force myself to play sometimes, it sucks. But I feel like I have been doing better with shorter games lately, like just tight now, I was playing Links Awakening remake, almost done with it too, plan to finish it before I try to go to sleep. I like it, 1. Because I grew up with the original Black and white version for GBP, and shortly after got the DX, and 2. It's short, and even though I dont pick up the game that much, I still play it more than BOTW. My depression has killed my brain cells a bit, so a little bit more complicated games stress me out now and days. And I like the art style of LAR as well, so far, I feel like it's my game of the year. And that's cool that you are a programmer, I wanted to be one once, but I am more of a well read poet than a man of mathematics and science, so I never perused a career in programming. I also can understand about how you must feel about getting older, I'm not in my 40s, but I'm almost 30, I know it's not that old, but the physical punishment my body as been through throughout the years, I feel like I'm 30 years older, and a few of my friends are mid 30s to 40s, so, yea, I feel older than I should. And I'm sorry that you are unable to play splatoon anymore because of your friend passing, I had a friend who died of cancer about 6 years ago, and he introduced me to the original Secret of Mana game. I grew up around when it released, bit it slipped under my radar, so I never played it, but when I met my friend in 2007, he introduced me to that game, let me borrow it, and then 6byears later he died. I never returned his game to him, I actually still have it in a box, and I have been wanting to play it again, but I cant, we played it together, it was the best 2 player SNES game I ever played, and it's not the same playing it solo, so I never played it again. But yea, I also used to play quite a bit of Splatoon 2, been a while though, I never owned the Wii U, so I never got a chance to play the first game, it looked good though. I appreciate you sharing a bit of your story, I hope whenever you do decide to ctb, I hope you get the peace that you want. Thank you

I don't know if she was peaceful or not, I found out from her mom and they had taken her to the ER so it seems possible she changed her mind after. I think from some of the last things she said to me that she may have regretted it. I wish I could have helped her better, but my life has been a shambles for ten years. It really hurt to lose her.

BOTW is expansive. I hate DLC exploitation in general, so I never got it. I'm happy enough to finish it without that. It's just a lot of grinding and hunting for the 100+ shrines. I could probably finish it now since I got maxxed ancient armor, but I'm a bit of a completionist and wanted to at least get all the shrines.

I remember playing link's awakening at my cousin's house way back in 2001. It was pretty good if I recall. I feel the same way about my intelligence being killed by my chronic depression over the last 10+ years.

I used to love programming and dreamed of the day that I learned the "big boy" languages like C++ well enough to write my projects in them. Well, now I know C++ enough, but am crippled with this depression, loneliness and RSI. I always wanted to create either my own RPG or visual novel. It doesn't seem like I'll ever be able to though, I don't have the artistic talent and my hand has all these problems.

Yea, I just hit 40 this year. I am not the guy that quote was talking about, it was something I saw someone say in an anime discord chat. I see a lot of that sentiment, basically that you're creepy if you're over 26 and still going to conventions trying to make friends and find love, etc.

Secret of Mana, I have fond memories of playing that in 2000. I don't know if I ever finished it, my dad died that fall and I had a very difficult time continuing any of the stuff I was doing before he passed away. In general I played quite a few of those JRPGs including Chrono Trigger.

I kind of have a sort of similar thing that happened with a game as you and your friend. It was my crush who I met in 2007. She was into me too, and we started sharing things and hanging out. She borrowed Tales of Symphonia from me to play it on her gamecube. A couple of times that summer she came over to my apartment to play it with me all afternoon (it had multiplayer like secret of mana). Really wonderful memories, she was my soulmate basically with how well the chemistry was between us and our common interests (gaming, anime, music). When she beat the game and wanted to return it to me, I actually wanted her to keep it, she probably would have but things had gotten complicated at that point.

Basically, the precious thing I had with her was ruthlessly destroyed by her best friend, all because I didn't want to date her. When I asked out my crush, she flipped and set out to completely destroy me with bullying. She forbid my crush from dating me and then turned her against me with slander. Then she destroyed my reputation with all my other friends over the following two years (despite finding a different boyfriend shortly after I turned her down), and by the end of it all, everyone was convinced I was a creepy loser and they wanted nothing to do with me. I've never been able to recover from that, due to a variety of factors. At my age, the window now seems permanently shut on ever finding someone like her again.

Like you, I couldn't find it in my heart to play that game again.

• Love
Reactions: grimgrin and Haku
Pony

Pony

Sad transgirl
Sep 2, 2019
Id like to play the new animal crossing game as well as the gen 4 pokemon remakes but itll be a while before they get released so itll probably be minecraft

• Love
Reactions: lucid, Haku and Woodnote
L

Lord Taco

Oct 31, 2019
Battlefield 2: Ghost Town vs AI with Hacks and Mods.

Yes Sir!

Woodnote

Woodnote

Goodbye
Oct 23, 2019
Id like to play the new animal crossing game as well as the gen 4 pokemon remakes but itll be a while before they get released so itll probably be minecraft

Animal Crossing is my favorite game. If I decide to ctb it will be the last game I play.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Circles, lucid, 56709 and 2 others
Pykul

Pykul

Sep 22, 2019
Skyrim as a Briton battle mage.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: 56709, Haku and Im2high4this
Im2high4this

Im2high4this

I’m done here. Zero connections. Won’t miss it.
Jun 13, 2019
Does anybody play duel links or brawl stars on mobile?

Haku

Haku

Walking ThePathOfSorrow, destination Denebokshiri
Oct 12, 2019
Thank you everyone for sharing, many of you have named somenprettt good games, many that I myself am a fan of. I didnt know I would get this many comments on the thread, especially in the time frame I was offline for, so I am sorry if I didnt get to reply to everyone. Thank you all for sharing. And I just got Luigis Mansion 3 today, my final game, so I will be playing that for most of today. Also, All Hallows Eve everyone, this is my favorite day of the year, even though its probably not going to be the best one I had, but still, probably feel a little better today than I did in previous day, or days to come. Hope everybody else can feel not so bad today. Peace and hugs.

• Love
Reactions: lucid and Woodnote
hobbydevil

hobbydevil

Anxiously biting fingernails.
Sep 8, 2019
I'm thinking about holding on til March 20 2020 for the new Animal Crossing. I've been waiting for it for so long.
But I also ruined my life in the years inbetween, so I'm a bit scared to actually get to play it.
Animal Crossing is my favourite series and has been since elementary school. As such it always makes me feel so much nostalgia, and more nostalgia for the past is the last thing I need atm.

• Love
Reactions: lucid, Pykul, Woodnote and 1 other person
Haku

Haku

Oct 12, 2019
I'm thinking about holding on til March 20 2020 for the new Animal Crossing. I've been waiting for it for so long.
But I also ruined my life in the years inbetween, so I'm a bit scared to actually get to play it.
Animal Crossing is my favourite series and has been since elementary school. As such it always makes me feel so much nostalgia, and more nostalgia for the past is the last thing I need atm.
Yea, I can understand, I also wanted to play the new Animal Crossing, and that was when I thought it was going to be released this year, but when it got pushed back I was devastated, even though I want to play it, I'm not going to push back my ctb to 2020

Reactions: Woodnote and hobbydevil
hobbydevil

hobbydevil

Anxiously biting fingernails.
Sep 8, 2019
Yea, I can understand, I also wanted to play the new Animal Crossing, and that was when I thought it was going to be released this year, but when it got pushed back I was devastated, even though I want to play it, I'm not going to push back my ctb to 2020

I was devastated for the same reason too! Then at first I thought "okay, this will give me motivation to hold on and try therapy and stay alive til next March!" but in the end it is just a game and I'm not sure if it's worth all this suffering.

• Love
Reactions: Woodnote and Haku
Haku

Haku

Oct 12, 2019
I was devastated for the same reason too! Then at first I thought "okay, this will give me motivation to hold on and try therapy and stay alive til next March!" but in the end it is just a game and I'm not sure if it's worth all this suffering.
Yea, that's the reason I came to myself.

Johanna94

Johanna94

I lost myself when I stopped following my heart
Mar 8, 2019
Life is Strange 2 ♥️

• Love
Reactions: lucid and Haku
anonbpdgirl

anonbpdgirl

Student
Aug 31, 2019
So I'm trying to destress from the last post I did, it brought up a lot of pent up emotions, so I'm trying to forget about that and throw something else that can kind of ease my mind. What will be the final video game you play before you ctb? It can be a new title or an old title. My last game will be Luigis Mansion 3 Nintendo Switch, which releases tomorrow. I have been following this game series since the first game on Gamecube. And if this releases before I ctb, I will be getting Kingdom Hearts 3 Re Mind DLC. I am a huge JRPG fan, and Kingdom Hearts is a series that is my #1 of my top 5. I have been following this series since its release in 2001 or 02, I cant remember, it shows how old I am. But I hold this series very dear and near to my soul.
Probably the new Animal Crossing for Switch. Means I have to delay my CTB for longer but... it looks so good lol.

• Love
Reactions: lucid, 56709 and Woodnote
Enabran255

Enabran255

Numbed
Oct 2, 2019
My friend really loved AC and had thousands of hours into new leaf. She was looking forward to the new one and was disappointed when it got pushed back to next year. Now she's not around anymore, her situation and pain were just too much for her to wait for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: 56709
RealLostSoul

RealLostSoul

once rock bottom, always rock bottom
Oct 11, 2019
Well I played League of Legends for over 5 years (lately not regularly though). I have done thousands of games ... and the date where I'll play my last one is getting closer..

• Hugs
Reactions: 56709
Qverty7455

Qverty7455

Student
Sep 28, 2019
I will play Ark and Planet zoo and I will replay life is strange and life is strange before the storm ♥♥♥ I need to see Rachel and Chloe once again

Best game I ever played.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Johanna94, lucid and 56709
passenger27

passenger27

In my beginning is my end.
Aug 25, 2019
I think I want to go old school and replay Arkham City. I love some Batman & that was my favorite Arkham game.

Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
Probably A Hat in Time... If I CTB at all...

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
LiS 1 and BtS are amazing

Haven't played 2 yet because it will likely never live up to my expectations.

Reactions: lucid
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Fire Emblem: Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS.

It's one of the most monumental Fire Emblem games in the series, in fact, it was one of the ones that could have been the last fire emblem game in the series had sales gone poorly. Also, the gameplay is quite amazing with tons of DLC and other extra content to last for many hours of gameplay.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: charlottewilts, 56709, Woodnote and 1 other person
sullengirl

sullengirl

Nov 1, 2019
I'm not exactly a true gamer, but I enjoy a good atmospheric game. The creators of Oxenfree just came out with a long anticipated game called Afterparty, where you essentially binge drink in the afterlife with Satan. It's pretty fitting for my last moments. I actually postponed my CTB date for a long time for this game...

• Love
Reactions: lucid