• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

R

randomsomeonein

Oct 7, 2023
I have a nitrogen gas cylender and a flowmeter attached to it.
I will connect the flow meter to my oxygen mask (non rebreather)
Capture

1 500x500

PPE says with exit bag (poly bag on head) you need 15 ltrs per min flow of nitrogen.
If I can use this, then what should I adjust my flowmeter to?

Please help.

Reactions: tsykoais
Tears in Rain

Tears in Rain

Dec 12, 2023
Some people here in the past advised against using those types of masks due to the difficulty in getting a perfect seal around the mask edges. I think some people tried them, but found that it was difficult to prevent oxygen getting in the side of the mask.

Glandular

Glandular

Student
Mar 23, 2023
No because the seal is not perfect. SCUBA/SCBA or bag a better

J

jrjrdevilsadvocate

Feb 29, 2024
I would think the below kind of respirator mask should work. They are one way and allow controlled air to come in & then can exhale thru a one way valve.
This particular mask is used for painting situations with an air compressor or in my case a Nitrogen tank.
Its just getting the hoses to connect to the regulator, but that can be figured out a variety of ways.
(Of course the air/oil filter isnt used)

Respirator Air System

Kapsyl

Kapsyl

Experienced
Feb 3, 2024
How do you deal with the overpressure? Connecting it directly to the mask from the regulator may cause it to build overpressure unless the mask has a built in relief valve? When you stop breathing the gas is still coming in the mask and it has to go somewhere. I guess it would escape the mask from the face area and that may let oxygen in keeping you alive.

I solved it by using a secondary container which holds the nitrogen and keeping it from overpressure with one way valves. Then I simply breathe from it from a hose connected to my mask.

My tread is discussing the method I plan to use.

Reactions: Tears in Rain
A

Anclaje

May 2, 2024
Hola, estoy tratando de aclararme para usar el método del nitrógeno. Como el idioma es el inglés y las traducciones no son perfectas, tengo algunas dificultades para entender lo que dicen los colegas. Por ejemplo, no entiendo por qué algunos de ustedes hablan de un depósito "puente" de nitrógeno. Cuando se deja de respirar, ¿la válvula de alivio no sigue funcionando y evita la presión sobre la mascarilla, simplemente expulsando el hidrógeno que ya no circula en los pulmones? agradeceria sus respuestas