GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Doing things, going places, meeting people and having experiences outside of your immediate social and geographical sphere
season 9 seriously GIF by Curb Your Enthusiasm

• Love
Reactions: Toonloon, stygal and 262653

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
You might just being facetious, but I do not feel like engaging in those activities either. Aside from doing things and meeting people on the internet maybe, but I'm doing that already. It feels good. Some people have regarded my room to be my prison, but it feels like oasis to me. It can be difficult to take a perspective so much different from yours, I suppose.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
skyrim-campfire.gif

You might just being facetious, but I do not feel like engaging in those activities either. Aside from doing things and meeting people on the internet maybe, but I'm doing that already. It feels good. Some people have regarded my room to be my prison, but it feels like oasis to me. It can be difficult to take a perspective so much different from yours, I suppose.
I tried doing that shit, I just want to be comfy with my imaginary girlfriend. Every time I've traveled I disliked it, I don't get anything out of seeing new places or meeting new people.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 262653
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
if money could cure illnesses than yeah but it cant so why even ask a question like this lol

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I think this is exactly the kind of outside place and experience that you would need.
I go outside every day, but yeah I might start getting into setting up camps and shit as a hobby. I used to spend many hours a day in forests a while back.

Reactions: Makko

Cluesome
Apr 5, 2018
Omg... I can feel it. I was there. The lover's hut, innit? Or did you make your own somewhere else on the shores of Dawnstar? One of my favorite towns. Gives me good vibes just thinking about its forever wintry weather. Hunting horkers for food. Making town friends and staying in their houses overnight. Very memorable experience.

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Omg... I can feel it. I was there. The lover's hut, innit? Or did you make your own somewhere else on the shores of Dawnstar? One of my favorite towns. Gives me good vibes just thinking about its forever wintry weather. Hunting horkers for food. Making town friends and staying in their houses overnight. Very memorable experience.
I grabbed the gif from Google. My favorite city is Windhelm or Markarth.

Reactions: 262653
Georgiana Darcy

Georgiana Darcy

Feb 11, 2021
3 million and a house on the Mediterranean (but is has to be a really nice house).

Reactions: kirkroberts
kirkroberts

kirkroberts

In Pain Every Day.
Feb 10, 2021
No amount if money because I still wouldn't be able to source the drugs needed for my pain.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc and Buffy5120
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Money can't buy those things directly, but it can buy the preconditions. Doing things, going places, meeting people and having experiences outside of your immediate social and geographical sphere costs money. These are all opportunities to find inspiration, love, fulfillment, loyalty and happiness. Being a poor proletarian who is constantly worried about food and bills and can never afford to do anything interesting is not a good setting for a happy life.
Unless you break the wheel. And just go. Give up all responsibilities for the pursuit of happiness. Give up wealth just to witness the beautifulness of the world. Its possible and has been done before, with the most minimal of money. Of course it's a little extreme, but it's still a great example. Train hopping. Cross country trekking. Drifting. Couch hopping. Joining a commune. There's plenty of more. I live in America, good old US of A. Here in this perfect capitalist regime you need money for anything. But you really don't. They make it seem like the people who hate how money controls the world are communist or good for nothings. But in actuality money is the only how the few at the top retain control over the many. You ever notice that the poorer the people the closer and nicer they seem to be. It's like they've learned something the rest of us don't understand. Maybe it's how things of grandeur don't bring you happiness. Like a yacht, new Bentley, or a first calls ticket to Europe. Maybe it's the simple things that you can't buy like a beautiful sunny day, a great view, a gentle or huge smile, a legit hug, a warm heart, etc. Because if you can have those you don't need to be rich to get out there or meet new people. Promise you, it'll come to you.

S

simplynothing

Jan 30, 2021
Money doesn't make you happy or cure your problems..I'll pass.

Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
You ever notice that the poorer the people the closer and nicer they seem to be.
This has not been my experience. Poor people are by necessity short-term thinkers and are preoccupied with petty things. I'm not a hippie so I don't see how drifting or couch-hopping is in any way an attractive or rewarding lifestyle, and it severely limits the kinds of people you can actually meet.
Maybe it's how things of grandeur don't bring you happiness. Like a yacht, new Bentley, or a first calls ticket to Europe. Maybe it's the simple things that you can't buy like a beautiful sunny day, a great view, a gentle or huge smile, a legit hug, a warm heart, etc. Because if you can have those you don't need to be rich to get out there or meet new people. Promise you, it'll come to you.
I put emphasis that money is not "yachts and Bentleys". Money is a key that opens doors to interesting experiences. I understand what you're talking about in the context of a very down to earth person whose only real need in life is sharing a warm smile on a sunny day. If you're not a down to earth person, hugs and smiles do nothing for you, and your needs and desires are much more convoluted, you're going to need money. A lot of it.

Reactions: Nexey, sorella santini, Antigonish and 1 other person
B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
This has not been my experience. Poor people are by necessity short-term thinkers and are preoccupied with petty things. I'm not a hippie so I don't see how drifting or couch-hopping is in any way an attractive or rewarding lifestyle, and it severely limits the kinds of people you can actually meet.

I put emphasis that money is not "yachts and Bentleys". Money is a key that opens doors to interesting experiences. I understand what you're talking about in the context of a very down to earth person whose only real need in life is sharing a warm smile on a sunny day. If you're not a down to earth person, hugs and smiles do nothing for you, and your needs and desires are much more convoluted, you're going to need money. A lot of it.
Yeah I would have to agree. Money isn't everything, nor can it buy you happiness, but having some certainly can make one's life at least somewhat comfortable, even for those who are dealing with chronic pain and incurable illness.

Reactions: Thrash and Makko
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020

So I'm not a hippie either. :shy:
But I'm just saying no one could buy my life. Sure being able to do all that stuff would be nice. But at the end of the day you'd be leaving a mental prison for a metaphorical one. What if after you receive all that money you realize nothing's different. That everyone is coherently the same. That the only difference between here and there, is just the way it looks(aesthetically), the way the food taste, the way the people talk and dress. What if nothing at all is different. What if the people you've been waiting to meet are right down the street and not worlds away. What if you get a terminal illness and am put on a machine for the rest of your life, having to live every day in pain and agony.
Yeah I would have to agree. Money isn't everything, nor can it buy you happiness, but having some certainly can make one's life at least somewhat comfortable, even for those who are dealing with chronic pain and incurable illness.
I suffer from bouts of depression. I can only imagine going to a therapist; and them looking at me and saying "Here's 100k. Shut the fuck up and don't die."

Last edited:
Reactions: Makko and booray
mrscat

mrscat

May 25, 2018
Money wouldn't change my physical pain and despair about life but at least would make it easier to deal with it for a while. I will take 2 millions and build a cabin in the mountains to move there with my animals and get some peace before I'm ready to go.

Reactions: stygal
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Maybe it can help for you guys. But it won't do me any good. Itd help me for a little while. But then those dark thoughts will come back. And when they get way to heavy. I'm stuck without a way to kill my mind. Guess I could spend my millions on tons of drugs, alcohol, and sex. To try and hide from the one thing I can't run from. Of course it'd have to be in a 'healthy' portion. if I OD, that probably voids the contract. But then again if I accidentally die, what will they do kill me.
Money wouldn't change my physical pain and despair about life but at least would make it easier to deal with it for a while. I will take 2 millions and build a cabin in the mountains to move there with my animals and get some peace before I'm ready to go.

But that's the thing if you take the money. You can only go by natural causes.

B

booray

Can’t do this anymore
Jan 28, 2021
So I'm not a hippie either. :shy:
But I'm just saying no one could buy my life. Sure being able to do all that stuff would be nice. But at the end of the day you'd be leaving a mental prison for a metaphorical one. What if after you receive all that money you realize nothing's different. That everyone is coherently the same. That the only difference between here and there, is just the way it looks(aesthetically), the way the food taste, the way the people talk and dress. What if nothing at all is different. What if the people you've been waiting to meet are right down the street and not worlds away. What if you get a terminal illness and am put on a machine for the rest of your life, having to live every day in pain and agony.

I suffer from bouts of depression. I can only imagine going to a therapist; and them looking at me and saying "Here's 100k. Shut the fuck up and don't die."
I'd take it, as I have no income at the moment.

M

MyStateKilledMe

Arcanist
Apr 23, 2020
You ever notice that the poorer the people the closer and nicer they seem to be. It's like they've learned something the rest of us don't understand. Maybe it's how things of grandeur don't bring you happiness. Like a yacht, new Bentley, or a first calls ticket to Europe. Maybe it's the simple things that you can't buy like a beautiful sunny day, a great view, a gentle or huge smile, a legit hug, a warm heart, etc. Because if you can have those you don't need to be rich to get out there or meet new people. Promise you, it'll come to you.
You're not entirely right. Money isn't everything, but it's something. It's not a sufficient condition, but it's a necessary condition. The days of hitchhiking and couchsurfing are long gone, and they're not coming back. Especially these days, with the Covid pLandemic, where most people are terrified of strangers giving them a glorified flu virus. Like it or not, we have a monetary economy. You don't have to have $1M under your name, but you need to have enough to give yourself a base level of happiness. For some people, it's $10K a year; for others, it's $100K a year.

Even if you all you want is a sunny day and a hug, even those things aren't totally free. You need money to put yourself in social situations where you'll meet people willing to hug you. I'm lucky to have met a group of friends willing to shake hands with me, hug me, and dance with me. All in a grungy, yet cozy dive bar. (Which was open illegally the first time I hung out with that group.) The hugs and the social warmth I got were "technically" free. But in order to get there, I still had to spend money. That's gas for a 2 hour drive, drinks I bought there, food I ate along the way, and the emotional toll of fearing an arrest by the police. (Most of my old friends are practicing social distancing, which means no hangouts.)

Reactions: booray
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
You're not entirely right. Money isn't everything, but it's something. It's not a sufficient condition, but it's a necessary condition. The days of hitchhiking and couchsurfing are long gone, and they're not coming back. Especially these days, with the Covid pLandemic, where most people are terrified of strangers giving them a glorified flu virus. Like it or not, we have a monetary economy. You don't have to have $1M under your name, but you need to have enough to give yourself a base level of happiness. For some people, it's $10K a year; for others, it's $100K a year.

Even if you all you want is a sunny day and a hug, even those things aren't totally free. You need money to put yourself in social situations where you'll meet people willing to hug you. I'm lucky to have met a group of friends willing to shake hands with me, hug me, and dance with me. All in a grungy, yet cozy dive bar. (Which was open illegally the first time I hung out with that group.) The hugs and the social warmth I got were "technically" free. But in order to get there, I still had to spend money. That's gas for a 2 hour drive, drinks I bought there, food I ate along the way, and the emotional toll of fearing an arrest by the police. (Most of my old friends are practicing social distancing, which means no hangouts.)

Yep, you guys are right. But you missed the whole point. Money is like paint. Instead of fixing a broken wall it is much easier to paint over it. Would you seriously give up the right of freedom to ctb. Having allot of money won't make me not want to ctb. You guys are telling me that money makes living easier and I get that. 'Living' easier. But it doesn't just erase your need to end it. Some people have trauma. It's like when the billionaires rape someone and pay them to be quiet. I'm pretty sure they live pretty comfortable lives. But I know that comfortablility isn't enough to keep the demons at bay, the monsters out of the closet, or the sweaty wake up in the middle of night nightmares away. Money doesn't keep the scars off my arms... well aside from laser surgery; but it sure as hell won't stop me from trying to make them. Instead of thinking about the things you'd have easier with money, or how closer it'd bring you to happiness. Maybe worry about the things money will never change.

I'm kinda running on here but I wanna name a few.
Cant change a childhood, cant bring someone back to life, cant stop an addiction, cant erase trauma, cant grow a leg, cant change a mindset, cant change genetics, I wanna keep going. But this is already to long.

Reactions: sadgirl9999 and booray
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
What if after you receive all that money you realize nothing's different. That everyone is coherently the same. That the only difference between here and there, is just the way it looks(aesthetically), the way the food taste, the way the people talk and dress. What if nothing at all is different.
My experience is that it is very different. It's a typical poor person angle that money = luxury consumption. It's just for buying cars, boats, drugs and alcohol, and if you don't want that, there's no purpose to it. "Buying stuff" is only a side effect of wealth. The main effect is that it changes your relationship to the rest of the world. It does change your mindset, it does change your priorities, it does change your outlook, it does change your spheres of interest, it does upen up prospects and options in life that you didn't know you had.

Reactions: Georgiana Darcy, Antigonish and booray
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
My experience is that it is very different. It's a typical poor person angle that money = luxury consumption. It's just for buying cars, boats, drugs and alcohol, and if you don't want that, there's no purpose to it. "Buying stuff" is only a side effect of wealth. The main effect is that it changes your relationship to the rest of the world. It does change your mindset, it does change your priorities, it does change your outlook, it does change your spheres of interest, it does upen up prospects and options in life that you didn't know you had.
Yeah I know. I just like being annoying. Life isn't any fun unless you could entertain every possibility. To be honest if some made sign a contract for $100. I'd probably uphold the agreement. I have a job. I don't make enough money. And bills are crappy high. But there's nothing better than getting to a better point in life and knowing I worked hard to get there. The $100, would be like a promissory ring. Just something to commit so I don commit.

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020

"For how much money would you sign a contract that forbids you to ctb?"​

1.5 million AUD for investment visa lol

Reactions: jakaka
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
It's called religion and all they give you is an IOU for entrance to heaven.

W

walktothewater

Nov 7, 2020
I'd settle for 2million. More than enough to get away from my family and start again elsewhere.

Reactions: Antigonish
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Doesn't really matter how much money I would get. The happiness would only last for like a month at least and then I would get bored and ctb anyway. What would "they" do?? sue me? put me into jail?
B*tch please, they would probably have to convert me into a RoboCop or something like that to punish me after doing that.

I would much rather prefer having a wife who actually loves, supports & understands me, getting my dream job with an nice work environment, having a drivers license that allows me to drive any civilian vehicle.
If all the above wouldn't be possible, I would be also happy with an alt. option which I won't write here since it's kinda silly and controversial

blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
Money just fills a void temporarily. After someone's spent whatever amount on anything their heart desires, the feelings that person tried escaping from rear their ugly head again.