• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
Yesterday's when talking to an old worker, I received and took in so many positive/helpful words

Dealing with discrimination and being stigmatized within the medical system. I was having a hard time but she's right. With my meds, I can do something. That is a problem I can change.

But things like my joy/despair/trauma/sense of self etc that I cant per say "change" rn. That takes work and that is more important. Focus on that.

"Focus on what you can't change" "Don't let people draw u out"

So, with so many things I have anxiety with I can really say changing my mindset is so helpful.

Livingvsdying25

Livingvsdying25

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2019
I don't understand.
It's the things I can't change that drive me to despair.
That was kinda the point that she was saying,

Like the things that cause me extreme despair that techically "can't" be changed (but im working on hard on)

Matter more than the bullshit that people throw my way. Like with the whole medical system ish and theres solutions in that. Things come to mind with that.

In regards to my own personal joy and such, answers don't come immediately and its my bigger issue.

Hope that makes sense but yeah...

Reactions: Good4Nothing
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
I don't understand.
It's the things I can't change that drive me to despair.
I'm with Good4Nothing, I dont understand. Things you mentioned like joy, despair, sense of self can be changed, even if it's hard. I dont know good4nothings situation but things like a physical disability or severe mental illness cant really be changed. The best is they can be managed, or symptoms can be reduced, but it wont go away. So focusing on what cant be changed doesnt make a lot of sense, at least for me. I'm glad it works for you, with anxiety changing you mindset is one of the best things you can do. Even with depression too, if you are able to shift your mindset it will help, though it's very hard to do.

W

watchingthewheels

Enlightened
Jan 23, 2021
Classic "Serenity Prayer": "God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can, and wisdom to know the difference."