• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

fluttershy444

Feb 11, 2024
i've always lurked on this site but never felt compelled to make an account until tonight. lately all that's been on my mind is there is no possible way i can ever live up to the expectations imposed on me. not even by myself. i spent the latter bit of 2023 blackout drunk, embarrassing myself for a guy who never even was interested in me, feeling alienated in my friend group, and being a secret disappointment to my family. i was originally someone very driven and hardworking. i got accepted into a university at 15, i was winning awards and competitions, and i had a boyfriend. he wasn't in a good place back then (maybe he's even on here somewhere lol) but at least i had that partnership and connection with someone. i barely had any friends but the ones i did have, i was comfortable with and knew i could keep them around. honestly even then i probably wasn't alright--but at least i hadn't made any major life mistakes or hurt anyone, or disappointed anyone. now i'm 19, supposed to be graduating this year and everyone's asking me but i don't have the heart to tell them i've been failing classes for a year and a half now, racked up debt, got sexually abused and that i've slowly fallen into my addictions. every day feels like a blur, i don't remember most of them besides the times i finally became weak enough to cry.

though i broke up with that boyfriend right before my spiral, he's come back into my life after getting help. he's on mood stabilizers, goes to therapy, has an income. and i have this overwhelming sense of pride and gratitude for him because i never thought i'd see him like this. he's healthy, mindful, and cares about me but i'm still dysfunctional. it feels like we swapped places in the relationship. it gives me some small hope that maybe i could get better too, even if this is just a hiccup in the road. i'm young, i have time. but can i even withstand the painstakingly long process of trying to fix my mistakes? does he deserve to wait that long for someone who probably will fail at this too? the pandemic has made me feel so hopeless, that when i finally have everything right there's a possibility the world won't be the same place that i had been expecting to build my life in. so really i can't rationlize staying alive until the last possible moment. it feels like a waste.

yes people care for me. my parents are not bad people despite their pasts. they provide me with a lot and i am extremely grateful. i know they would be devastated if i were to go. but perhaps they'd be even more devastated seeing the person i've become when i'm unable to hide it any longer. if i were to ctb, i wouldn't ever want them to know. i'd want it to look like an accident, so they can blame god for taking away their daughter rather than me for not being strong enough. but tbh those statements are one in the same, anyway.

the only person keeping my on earth right now is my brother. he's a couple of years older than me but he's like my twin. we've been through everything together and i'd hate my death to be cause of his own spiral. selfishly, i'd hope he'd use it to flourish, so i can say i've done something good for once. my poor dad would be devastated too, we've both worked so hard to heal our relationship despite the divorce, the verbal abuse, and now he's the person i've always wanted him to be. i don't want him to lose all that progress.

i guess at the end of the day i want to leave so badly. but the overwhelming sense of guilt i feel is probably why i can't do it. but i really would like to have access to some form of a method (preferably SN or similar) just to keep in my closet for when i finally just don't care enough anymore. or even just as a safety net, to say "just try to be better, worst comes to worst there's a way out". ironically i think it'd strengthen my will to live a little more. i'd really like to know if anyone relates.

this was a lot longer than i had hoped. if you managed to read even some of it, i really appreciate you for your time and for hearing me ^^.

Toobrokentofix

Toobrokentofix

Experienced
Jul 7, 2020
I'm sorry it all feels so shit for you atm.

i hear where you are coming from... I held onto my SN for a long time as a "safety net" having my ex rooting through my stuff n finding it and taking it away was when I first snapped. Now I can't get hold of any. Do you have the means to get it?

deedeme

deedeme

Whatever
Feb 5, 2024
i've always lurked on this site but never felt compelled to make an account until tonight. lately all that's been on my mind is there is no possible way i can ever live up to the expectations imposed on me. not even by myself. i spent the latter bit of 2023 blackout drunk, embarrassing myself for a guy who never even was interested in me, feeling alienated in my friend group, and being a secret disappointment to my family. i was originally someone very driven and hardworking. i got accepted into a university at 15, i was winning awards and competitions, and i had a boyfriend. he wasn't in a good place back then (maybe he's even on here somewhere lol) but at least i had that partnership and connection with someone. i barely had any friends but the ones i did have, i was comfortable with and knew i could keep them around. honestly even then i probably wasn't alright--but at least i hadn't made any major life mistakes or hurt anyone, or disappointed anyone. now i'm 19, supposed to be graduating this year and everyone's asking me but i don't have the heart to tell them i've been failing classes for a year and a half now, racked up debt, got sexually abused and that i've slowly fallen into my addictions. every day feels like a blur, i don't remember most of them besides the times i finally became weak enough to cry.

though i broke up with that boyfriend right before my spiral, he's come back into my life after getting help. he's on mood stabilizers, goes to therapy, has an income. and i have this overwhelming sense of pride and gratitude for him because i never thought i'd see him like this. he's healthy, mindful, and cares about me but i'm still dysfunctional. it feels like we swapped places in the relationship. it gives me some small hope that maybe i could get better too, even if this is just a hiccup in the road. i'm young, i have time. but can i even withstand the painstakingly long process of trying to fix my mistakes? does he deserve to wait that long for someone who probably will fail at this too? the pandemic has made me feel so hopeless, that when i finally have everything right there's a possibility the world won't be the same place that i had been expecting to build my life in. so really i can't rationlize staying alive until the last possible moment. it feels like a waste.

yes people care for me. my parents are not bad people despite their pasts. they provide me with a lot and i am extremely grateful. i know they would be devastated if i were to go. but perhaps they'd be even more devastated seeing the person i've become when i'm unable to hide it any longer. if i were to ctb, i wouldn't ever want them to know. i'd want it to look like an accident, so they can blame god for taking away their daughter rather than me for not being strong enough. but tbh those statements are one in the same, anyway.

the only person keeping my on earth right now is my brother. he's a couple of years older than me but he's like my twin. we've been through everything together and i'd hate my death to be cause of his own spiral. selfishly, i'd hope he'd use it to flourish, so i can say i've done something good for once. my poor dad would be devastated too, we've both worked so hard to heal our relationship despite the divorce, the verbal abuse, and now he's the person i've always wanted him to be. i don't want him to lose all that progress.

i guess at the end of the day i want to leave so badly. but the overwhelming sense of guilt i feel is probably why i can't do it. but i really would like to have access to some form of a method (preferably SN or similar) just to keep in my closet for when i finally just don't care enough anymore. or even just as a safety net, to say "just try to be better, worst comes to worst there's a way out". ironically i think it'd strengthen my will to live a little more. i'd really like to know if anyone relates.

this was a lot longer than i had hoped. if you managed to read even some of it, i really appreciate you for your time and for hearing me ^^.
I deeply relate. I love my brother so much, so I get the kind of influence that may have on you.
While I don't or didn't have any meaningful relationships, what kept me going was my family.

I hope you will find the right path, whatever that is.

Reactions: fluttershy444
ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
I have been in a similar situation at 20, if I would go back in time and talk to that woman I would say this:
  • Your parents will find out against your will about your school situation and they will be shocked and disappointed. HOWEVER, they would much rather you be alive and still figuring your future out than you be dead. Most of all, what they want from you is to see you grow old. There is normal life after having your parents find out about your circumstances and your bond with your parents can be fully restored after this.
  • Tell your loved ones as soon as possible about your situation. When you are keeping your circumstances and emotions a secret, they will escalate and build up really fast. Your support system will give you the strength to keep fighting. And when you're talking to your parents, discuss with them the next steps in education or employment.
  • Please just keep this to the loved ones you trust and keep it a secret from everyone else. People will be cruel despite your reasoning and background for the things you do and it's going to make this struggle you're having much harder. There are people out there who will find out that you've been sexually abused, that you're struggling with alcoholism, that you're not graduating, that you don't have many connections etc. and have a field day with it.
  • Hold on to the people supporting you in your life. I completely understand that you are struggling with the idea of having them grief in the future, maybe you will come to the idea that if you distance yourself from everyone, no one will be hurt when you pass away. This is the worst thing to do, keep seeing them to the very last day. You and them will be better off.
  • Talk to a licensed psychologist/therapist/psychiatrist at a rehab as soon as possible, because as long as you're not fully processing your past events like sexual abuse and past events and mental burdens, you will keep dealing with it through your addictions in your 20s or even longer. The addiction you're having is delaying your healing.
  • Don't start with any other vices. If you start any vices at this vulnerable time, you will most likely stick to it.
  • You can withstand the process of trying to fix your mistakes and I think it is worth fighting for a better life. One day you can have everything and the next day you will have nothing, but you deserve to enjoy the life you want for yourself. Even though you will die one day (like everyone else), you deserve to enjoy the happy and fulfilling life you wanted for yourself before you pass away one day.
  • I assume that you are your brother's rock, you give him strength. If he finds himself in a situation where he feels he has nothing and no one, your support to him will be invaluable. And the same goes for your dad. You showing up for them means everything, regardless of their expectations and whether you have met them or not.
  • Never, ever, ever, put one foot in, one foot out when it comes to ctb attempts, it will ruin your life. Years later you will still suffer the consequences of surviving an attempt. Having items on hand will not give you the strength to carry on, it will make the urges stronger and less easy to resist.
This is an obstacle in your road and you are strong, one day you will talk about how you overcame the things you overcame. You are young, you have more than enough time to figure this out. Reading this story I can truly believe you will get better. Wishing you peace and clarity.

F

fluttershy444

Feb 11, 2024
I have been in a similar situation at 20, if I would go back in time and talk to that woman I would say this:
  • Your parents will find out against your will about your school situation and they will be shocked and disappointed. HOWEVER, they would much rather you be alive and still figuring your future out than you be dead. Most of all, what they want from you is to see you grow old. There is normal life after having your parents find out about your circumstances and your bond with your parents can be fully restored after this.
  • Tell your loved ones as soon as possible about your situation. When you are keeping your circumstances and emotions a secret, they will escalate and build up really fast. Your support system will give you the strength to keep fighting. And when you're talking to your parents, discuss with them the next steps in education or employment.
  • Please just keep this to the loved ones you trust and keep it a secret from everyone else. People will be cruel despite your reasoning and background for the things you do and it's going to make this struggle you're having much harder. There are people out there who will find out that you've been sexually abused, that you're struggling with alcoholism, that you're not graduating, that you don't have many connections etc. and have a field day with it.
  • Hold on to the people supporting you in your life. I completely understand that you are struggling with the idea of having them grief in the future, maybe you will come to the idea that if you distance yourself from everyone, no one will be hurt when you pass away. This is the worst thing to do, keep seeing them to the very last day. You and them will be better off.
  • Talk to a licensed psychologist/therapist/psychiatrist at a rehab as soon as possible, because as long as you're not fully processing your past events like sexual abuse and past events and mental burdens, you will keep dealing with it through your addictions in your 20s or even longer. The addiction you're having is delaying your healing.
  • Don't start with any other vices. If you start any vices at this vulnerable time, you will most likely stick to it.
  • You can withstand the process of trying to fix your mistakes and I think it is worth fighting for a better life. One day you can have everything and the next day you will have nothing, but you deserve to enjoy the life you want for yourself. Even though you will die one day (like everyone else), you deserve to enjoy the happy and fulfilling life you wanted for yourself before you pass away one day.
  • I assume that you are your brother's rock, you give him strength. If he finds himself in a situation where he feels he has nothing and no one, your support to him will be invaluable. And the same goes for your dad. You showing up for them means everything, regardless of their expectations and whether you have met them or not.
  • Never, ever, ever, put one foot in, one foot out when it comes to ctb attempts, it will ruin your life. Years later you will still suffer the consequences of surviving an attempt. Having items on hand will not give you the strength to carry on, it will make the urges stronger and less easy to resist.
This is an obstacle in your road and you are strong, one day you will talk about how you overcame the things you overcame. You are young, you have more than enough time to figure this out. Reading this story I can truly believe you will get better. Wishing you peace and clarity.

i really appreciate the time you took to write this, it means a lot. i'm not sure when i'll have the strength to be honest with my parents but this gives me the courage to at least make a plan and look into my options for therapy. i'll remember to reflect on this the next time i'm feeling this way <3.
I deeply relate. I love my brother so much, so I get the kind of influence that may have on you.
While I don't or didn't have any meaningful relationships, what kept me going was my family.

I hope you will find the right path, whatever that is.
sibling bonds are really special, i'm really grateful to have them. i hope you can continue to find strength in your brother too :>
I'm sorry it all feels so shit for you atm.

i hear where you are coming from... I held onto my SN for a long time as a "safety net" having my ex rooting through my stuff n finding it and taking it away was when I first snapped. Now I can't get hold of any. Do you have the means to get it?

i know your ex likely means well and cares about you but it sucks that your space was invaded :/. honestly i haven't researched much on how to get SN but really i wouldn't have any barriers in obtaining it if i had a reliable source. honestly trying to keep myself from getting to that point haha

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ForgottenTomb
D

d2reason

-
Feb 2, 2024
I was in a similar situation. Keep in mind that failing in school is not the end of the world; it's an expectation you have set for yourself and are maintaining for the sake of others. But you're never going to be happy living just to impress others with nominal achievements.
I have to imagine it's additionally harder dealing with the expectations of others as a woman. Very sorry