• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Check in on your happy friend
Nov 10, 2020
I know I have consistently posted about caffeine OD as a way to ctb, but it's just because I feel like there have not been enough discussions on this. And yes, many of you are aware (and so am I) that this might not be the best/most pleasant method, but after doing a bit of thinking and actually experiencing the entire process, I still, to a certain extent, will defend this method lol. So here goes nothing I guess and if you find this helpful, great!

The method itself
As the name suggest, you OD on caffeine and get on the bus. There are different ways to OD on caffeine: energy drinks, coffee and caffeine powder and tablets. This really depends on individuals (in terms of your tolerance with caffeine because some might be really sensitive to caffeine).

You will need somewhere between 5mg to 10mg (on average) to successfully ctb, but once again, it depends. To be more exact, you will need to have the caffeine level of 200mg/kg of body weight for it to be lethal (although higher concentration has been recorded in survivors). The reason why when you Google caffeine OD, everyone says that it's rare is because you can't OD from just one or two cups of coffee, but powder and tablets are a different story. There have been multiple cases, and for a lot of people, caffeine-concentrated products are legal, and you can actually play it off as accidental in case you're afraid of having to go to the psych ward (not all countries have it btw).

Personally, I recommend caffeine powder because these will go into your system fairly quickly. Most caffeine products take around 15 minutes to take effect (this is correct in my case), and its full effect will stay at its peak from 45 minutes to 120 minutes. If not found during this time, there's a high chance that you will successfully ctb. There will be a lot of symptoms that you can probably find on the Internet, ranging from mild ones like shaking and irregular breathing to more severe ones like convulsions, coma and death.

My personal experience (and what went wrong)
In my case, I took both powder and tablets, which was not really a good move, because tablets actually made the nausea worse and I threw up a bunch. This, although got the tablets out of my system, did not fully take the caffeine out of the system (Probably SHOULD take something to keep the tablets in the system). However, as tablets take longer to be absorbed, my caffeine concentration level was not high enough to be lethal (So I'll take this as a learning experience). My main symptoms of caffeine OD were:

- Nausea to vomiting (later on as I was in the hospital, I started vomiting blood, but it wasn't painful or anything)
- Sweating
- Easily getting irritated by noise, sounds and lights

Funnily enough, after vomiting, I went straight to the state of sleeping, or as if I would fall asleep any minute. Apparently, according to the nurses, I had an insane amount of convulsions, but I was totally unaware of this. Here's what I find VERY interesting: the only real outstanding discomfort I felt was the nausea, apart from that, I felt absolutely no pain, or I just wasn't aware (which is a good thing for those who might consider this method I suppose). I would say if I wasn't saved in time, I would have definitely gone for good.

What happened afterwards (If you survive)
Once again, funnily enough, ONLY this stage is where I felt pains and discomforts. To save you, there will be PLENTY of IV fluid pumped into your body, and in some cases, they will immediately put charcoal into your body to stop your system from absorbing more caffeine. They will also pump a bunch of medicines into your body which I know nothing about so I won't go into that.

Because of the amount of IV fluid, you WILL need to pee A LOT. Also, they had to give me something to stop my blood from clotting from within my body, and that was EXTREMELY sore. Also, after the whole thing, this was when I started having A LOT of headaches (NOT during the OD stage).

How comes I was saved you might ask? Apparently, one of my dear friends got a bit paranoid after not getting a response from me and called the police for a welfare check on me after 20 minutes of my symptoms appearance. So if you are living with others, I might not recommend this method because it might alert people you live with when you feel sick and start vomiting.

Overall, did it bring me discomfort? A bit, yes, before the OD stage, but during it, apart from feeling nauseous, I wasn't aware of anything. After that though, is a different issue lol. I am not an advocate for this method, but I do want to point out that I COULD have been successful, and statistics do show that people do die from caffeine OD, whether by accident or not. Of course everyone's experience will be different, but I just hope that with this thread, you will get more insights into the method.

If you have any questions, PLEASE fire them my way, I will be more than happy to answer to the best of my knowledge! :hug:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: sad_rock, Zandik, fly away and 36 others
J

Jack

Jul 22, 2018
Do u think another drug could be combined with caffeine to make it less unpleasant? Could you take a sedative and then the caffeine and expect to stay sedated (unconscious) while the caffeine is kicking in?

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
Do u think another drug could be combined with caffeine to make it less unpleasant? Could you take a sedative and then the caffeine and expect to stay sedated (unconscious) while the caffeine is kicking in?
Sedatives won't work, and this wasn't only told to me by people but also by the nurse when I was in the hospital because she said it wouldn't work on the level of caffeine I was having in my blood + other medications I was having too.

Anything that can make it less unpleasant? If you can get a hold of something that can stop you from vomiting, that will be amazing. Also, maybe just don't eat for about a day in advance, just to keep an empty stomach for when you throw up, it won't be as uncomfortable as when you have had food.

If you experience extreme pain, some painkillers might work. I would recommend those with codeine in them or those that get dissolved in water because they take effect relatively quickly.

In terms of the surroundings, if you decide to choose this method, make sure that there's no light around you and not too much noise/sound because sounds, light and touches will make you really uncomfortable.

Reactions: Wrennie, mirko, InterstateFlowers and 1 other person
G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
The whole point is stimulating the system to the point of heart attack, so taking a sedative would be counter productive. Just find a better method entirely.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: Zandik, sourpink, virginiawoolf86 and 6 others
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
So is it 5-10mg or 200mg per kg of your body weight?

Reactions: auniqueusername669 and degeneratewaste
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
Different sources stated differently. I am no scientist but think just for the reassurance, I would go for the latter. Of course, like many other methods, it depends on individual differences: underlying health issues like heart issues and the level of your stomach acid, etc.

While this one said:
In order to achieve a fatal concentration, a subject would need to ingest 5 to 10 g of pure caffeine (Yamamoto et al. 2015).

This one said:
In humans, more than 150-200mg per kg of body weight, or 5 to 10 grams of total caffeine ingested is considered lethal.

Reactions: Ironweed
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
I spotted that as well.

200mg/kg for a 100kg person is 20g.

Similar to SN.
I guess tolerance to caffeine comes into it as well. For years I've drunk loads of the stuff, I have at least 10 mugs a day, if not more, and have 2 big heaped teaspoons per cup, so that's the equivalent of 20 to 25 cups of coffee per day.

I dread to think how I'll feel if I ever switch to decaf.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: FriendofDeath and Emily_Numb
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
I spotted that as well.

200mg/kg for a 100kg person is 20g.

Similar to SN.
I think when some sources said 5-10mg, that was based on the amount that was taken by those whose deaths were recorded. (Can be found here)

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
So it's 5-10 **Grams** not **milligrams**

Reactions: Zandik, Sorrygoodbye, degeneratewaste and 1 other person
StuFin

StuFin

Arcanist
Oct 21, 2020
Christ no wonder I started having heart palpitations.

I drink Nescafe gold and according to their data it has 80 - 100mg per serving. I'm having 2 spoons per cup so say 150mg per mug, x 10 = 15g per day.

At about 85kg I should be dead.

Caffeine OD ctb is clearly unreliable.

No my maths sucks - that's 1.5g per day.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: Sunset764, MindFrog, waterstrider and 1 other person
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
So it's 5-10 **Grams** not **milligrams**
Aaa I read that wrong all along!! Thank you so much for pointing that out!

I can't edit the post for some reasons but as soon as I figure out how I will!

• Hugs
Reactions: Zandik and Silvermorning
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
I thinks that's because you didn't start with having 15gs per day, it's a gradual build up that your body got used to.

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
Christ no wonder I started having heart palpitations.

I drink Nescafe gold and according to their data it has 80 - 100mg per serving. I'm having 2 spoons per cup so say 150mg per mug, x 10 = 15g per day.

At about 85kg I should be dead.

Caffeine OD ctb is clearly unreliable.
It's extremely hard to die from drinking coffee though, because far before you reach the lethal dose, your body will have done its best to reject the caffeine and fight it off.

Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
"I will defend this method".

"I'm not an advocate of this method".

You realize those are contradictory statements, right?

• Hugs
Reactions: Silvermorning and degeneratewaste
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
"I will defend this method".

"I'm not an advocate of this method".

You realize those are contradictory statements, right?
Sorry if I make others misinterpret what I say. This is not an excuse but more of an explanation that I am not a native speaker, that's why sometimes words don't exactly mean the same thing to me as they mean to others.

When I said I would defend this method, it was because many people said this was NOT the way to go.

But I'm not advocating it because there will be a lot of discomforts and there will always be other methods that put one through less pain.

I hope this somehow explains what I meant! :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie, auniqueusername669, not_close and 2 others
Good4Nothing

Good4Nothing

Unlovable
May 8, 2020
Sorry if I make others misinterpret what I say. This is not an excuse but more of an explanation that I am not a native speaker, that's why sometimes words don't exactly mean the same thing to me as they mean to others.

When I said I would defend this method, it was because many people said this was NOT the way to go.

But I'm not advocating it because there will be a lot of discomforts and there will always be other methods that put one through less pain.

I hope this somehow explains what I meant! :hug:

Your English is fine. Thanks for clarifying, I understand now.

Reactions: Silvermorning and darksideofthebright
InterstateFlowers

InterstateFlowers

Experienced
Apr 16, 2020
Did you order the caffeine powder online without any restrictions or in physical store? I've actually contemplated this method too but gave up when every website I saw said , whether it was supplements or chemical, it's not available to the general public but commercial, scientific, and business buyers only. :(

Reactions: waterstrider
Gromit-CTB

Gromit-CTB

time for ctb
Nov 14, 2020
In the UK you can order online as a supplement and doesn't cost a lot either

Reactions: waterstrider
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
How long does it take to die from this method?

Reactions: tiredofchronicpain
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
How long does it take to die from this method?
From the medical articles I've read, it can take from as short as 2 hours to over 4 hours.

In this case, the man took the caffeine at around 11pm and was announced dead at 2:30am (over 3 hours). Note in mind that a big chunk of the time will be cardiac arrests, seizures, heart attacks or all of them. For me, they weren't painful, but the day after, my body was just sore from all the muscle tensions, but nothing crazy.

Reactions: Wrennie
J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
What do you think the success rate is if you take 20g and weigh 49kg?

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
What do you think the success rate is if you take 20g and weigh 49kg?
Think that'll definitely put you WAAAY over the lethal dose. Still, different people have different levels of tolerance to caffeine, and some external factors might be worth noting too, like "Will there be anyone around for a few hours?", "How strong is your SI?", "Will there be a lot of noises and bright lights?", etc.

J

JustABunchOfAtoms

She/they
Jul 23, 2020
If it's waaaayyy over the lethal dose how much should I take?

darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
If it's waaaayyy over the lethal dose how much should I take?
So the lethal overdose (on average) is 200mg/kg body weight. In your case, because you're 49kg, that would be 9,800mg = 9.8g. If you really want to go for the overkill, then anything above that. Once again, take into account your caffeine tolerance.

A

AndyD0209

Dec 12, 2020
Very interesting method. I need something easily available for my ctb and this sounds like an option. Didn't know anything about this option until I read this thread. I am obviously here researching different possibilities. What sort of caffeine tablets are we talking about? Like the ones you find on Amazon for workout/or boost of energy?
Just had a look and I found bulk powder caffe in tablets, 1 tablet 200mg pack of 250.
Please excuse if I sound ignorant, I am very inexperienced with this things and I appreciate any kind of help.
Thank you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Wrennie and darksideofthebright
Antigonish

Antigonish

Mage
Sep 19, 2020
Would about 4 5hr energy drinks do the trick, for someone with a low tolerance. Just a whole one and a red bull can have my heart beating a 1000 miles an hr.

mirko

mirko

ah
Nov 19, 2020
Thank you for the insights! This is the method I was going to use, but I would have take the tablets instead.

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright
darksideofthebright

darksideofthebright

Nov 10, 2020
Very interesting method. I need something easily available for my ctb and this sounds like an option. Didn't know anything about this option until I read this thread. I am obviously here researching different possibilities. What sort of caffeine tablets are we talking about? Like the ones you find on Amazon for workout/or boost of energy?
Just had a look and I found bulk powder caffe in tablets, 1 tablet 200mg pack of 250.
Please excuse if I sound ignorant, I am very inexperienced with this things and I appreciate any kind of help.
Thank you.
Aw no you don't sound ignorant at all, we are all here to help and support each other as much as possible. :hug:

Please note in mind, I don't think tablets are reliable, provided that it might take your stomach a long time to be able to break down and digest the content of the pills. There is a high likelihood that before your stomach manages to absorb the caffeine, it will already have rejected them and make you vomit - However if you have any antiemetic then that might help (However, still pretty difficult to get without a prescription).

And yes, if you live in the UK, then these are pretty available online in the form of powder (which I think it better) and tablets. However, I believe that it's banned in the form of powder in certain countries like Australia and US.
Would about 4 5hr energy drinks do the trick, for someone with a low tolerance. Just a whole one and a red bull can have my heart beating a 1000 miles an hr.
This website has a thing called "Caffeine Calculator" to help you kinda know your limits. However, I don't think 4 5hr energy drinks can do the trick because of the amount of liquid. Also, heart beating fast is a pretty common sign of having caffeine in your body anyway. I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance (Because of how many coffees and energy drinks I've been drinking over the years), and I still can get shaky with just a double espresso latte.

Last edited:
Reactions: Antigonish
A

AndyD0209

Dec 12, 2020
Aw no you don't sound ignorant at all, we are all here to help and support each other as much as possible. :hug:

Please note in mind, I don't think tablets are reliable, provided that it might take your stomach a long time to be able to break down and digest the content of the pills. There is a high likelihood that before your stomach manages to absorb the caffeine, it will already have rejected them and make you vomit - However if you have any antiemetic then that might help (However, still pretty difficult to get without a prescription).

And yes, if you live in the UK, then these are pretty available online in the form of powder (which I think it better) and tablets. However, I believe that it's banned in the form of powder in certain countries like Australia and US.

This website has a thing called "Caffeine Calculator" to help you kinda know your limits. However, I don't think 4 5hr energy drinks can do the trick because of the amount of liquid. Also, heart beating fast is a pretty common sign of having caffeine in your body anyway. I have a pretty high caffeine tolerance (Because of how many coffees and energy drinks I've been drinking over the years), and I still can get shaky with just a double espresso latte.

Oh crap...it says 53.4 cups...
Thank you so much for your response and insight, I really appreciate it and you are right, need to go back to the drawing board...

• Hugs
Reactions: darksideofthebright