• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well after 8 grueling months of living with my gf and her parents we are finally back on our own. Not that they were so bad, it's just tough to deal with someone else's family every day, and it feels awfully embarrassing having to do that in your mid thirties.

It's not all fun and games though - we got a 2 bed / 2 bath in the ghetto, but we'll make the best of it. Either way it's pretty clean and spacious so it's more than adequate. I will henceforth be posting from my new manager's desk in the spare room, so expect more highbrow posts (possibly).

It was certainly tough to score though. Anyone looking for a quasi-decent apartment on a budget in America knows the struggle. Not only are the rental requirements pretty strict, but if you're not careful you'll wind up in one of these places:

Anyhow, for now it's time for celebratory Coke Zero and Chinese takeout. I'm a simple man really.

Reactions: whatevs, agreement, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 33 others
Wolfjob_dayjob

Wolfjob_dayjob

Student
Oct 19, 2018
Angst congrats. I forgive you for liking coke zero over pepsi max. Hope it's less stressful for you.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Redt2go and 10 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Carebear this is great :-) I really hope that things start from now to go better for you a bit at a time, at a nice steady pace.

Even though I know you won't share the takeaway cos you wouldn't share the bun you had the other day with me or the pretzel thing before that. Despite these flaws, which I am prepared to overlook, I'm really happy for you ❤️❤️

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Redt2go and 11 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Well done Angst. I hope things continue to improve for you and your gf. Also, yes, I can relate to living with family in adulthood, it's not fun, awkward at best, and stressful at the worst times; feels like a prison.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, Redt2go and 8 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
that's awesome, I definitely understand the struggle of finding even a dumpy little apartment, and also the embarrassment/stress of moving back in with parents for a while.

the boyf and I had a hell of a time finding our shitty little pad - working opposite shifts, myself with no good written rental history (I had previously been paying roomates in cash, and the one time I signed a lease was with my ex whom I thought I could coexist with as friends... had to leave in order to protect myself and the landlord took his side), and he had an eviction in his past due to circumstances beyond his control (another crazy ex situation). But I love our little dump, we've made it our own, and it's the first time either of us feel that we have a home. It's a good feeling for sure, and I hope you guys settle in nicely and turn it into your own safe and cozy little nest.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 8 others
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Well after 8 grueling months of living with my gf and her parents we are finally back on our own. Not that they were so bad, it's just tough to deal with someone else's family every day, and it feels awfully embarrassing having to do that in your mid thirties.

It's not all fun and games though - we got a 2 bed / 2 bath in the ghetto, but we'll make the best of it. Either way it's pretty clean and spacious so it's more than adequate. I will henceforth be posting from my new manager's desk in the spare room, so expect more highbrow posts (possibly).

It was certainly tough to score though. Anyone looking for a quasi-decent apartment on a budget in America knows the struggle. Not only are the rental requirements pretty strict, but if you're not careful you'll wind up in one of these places:

Anyhow, for now it's time for celebratory Coke Zero and Chinese takeout. I'm a simple man really.

Congratulations! That's awesome :)

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
Firecaste

Firecaste

Experienced
Jan 5, 2019
Hey I live in guy town, in my cozy fortress, Watch Netflix till I pass out, and sit by the window making vapeclouds, I sometimes undress and dance to Kylie Minogue songs naked, but no one will ever find out. It's not always such a bad life.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 6 others
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Thats so good to read!! I hope you guys can really make the place 'yours'. Wishing you two the best of luck there!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 7 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Boy I tell you what, it often feels like you guys are the only friends I have or have ever had. What great support. In fact, I invite you all over for a drink, even though I really shouldn't. I mean, not to make things weird, but we can all get cozy, and sip on some rosy. Today is a good day.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, BaconCheeseburger, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 9 others
Norest4thewicked

Norest4thewicked

Losing it
Nov 4, 2018
@Angst Filled Fuck Up Enjoy your new pad!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, ReadyasEver and 7 others

Dying cat
Nov 24, 2018
I'm happy for you

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow, ReadyasEver and 6 others
VoloFataliDoce

VoloFataliDoce

The World Is Quiet Here
Jan 23, 2019
Enjoy your new place! It'll be great!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 6 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
congrats! yes, renting is so tough.
Also I like your set up. 2 bd 2 bath. That's what I would need if living with the boyfriend that I never managed to get.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 6 others
Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Thats great Angst - enjoy !

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w, Mrs.O'Leary'sCow and 5 others
journeytotheend

journeytotheend

Jan 1, 2019
I´m so happy for you! Living with your girlfriend's parents must have been really stressful, even if they were decent. Hope this is just the first of many good things coming your way:--)

Reactions: therhydler, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 5 others
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Awww this is nice :-) first we are all going to
@FTL.Wanderer house to eat dinner then all going to @Angst Filled Fuck Up to drink beer and peach schnapps and play Scrabble

Reactions: therhydler, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 5 others
DontFearTheReaper

DontFearTheReaper

Slowly losing my mind and very ill, help me..
Nov 5, 2018
Congratulations, Angst!

Reactions: therhydler, Deleted member 4993, Deafsn0w and 4 others
ReadyasEver

ReadyasEver

Elementalist
Dec 6, 2018
I have a great time with the new place Angst. Enjoy it and relax!

Reactions: Jupiter, therhydler, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
@FTL.Wanderer house to eat dinner then all going to @Angst Filled Fuck Up to drink beer and peach schnapps and play Scrabble
I like how you think. But I must warn you, I'm a force to be reckoned with when it comes to Scrabble. Just the other day someone put down "freeze" and was all proud of themselves, then along I come and hit them with "re" in front of it, nabbing the triple word score to boot. Yes I'm that guy.

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018
what I would need if living with the boyfriend that I never managed to get.

I just reread this part of your comment. Love the oblique darkness. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :)

FTL.Wanderer

FTL.Wanderer

Enlightened
May 31, 2018

Everyone's welcome at my place. Lots of space, toasty warm, and plenty of snacks.

J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I like how you think. But I must warn you, I'm a force to be reckoned with when it comes to Scrabble. Just the other day someone put down "freeze" and was all proud of themselves, then along I come and hit them with "re" in front of it, nabbing the triple word score to boot. Yes I'm that guy.

I'll bring my own Z and X tucked in my bra

lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
I just reread this part of your comment. Love the oblique darkness. I'm sure I'm not the only one. :)
Thank you for saying that! I wrote it last night in an incredibly dark, bitter moment and felt embarrassed after. Like I busted in on someone's happy thread to complain about being a loser.

Reactions: therhydler, Deleted member 4993, 15dec and 3 others
stellabelle

stellabelle

ethereal
Dec 14, 2018
Reactions: therhydler, Deleted member 4993, 15dec and 3 others