• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
Here is the ending scene of Butch Cassidy and it was not ctb, they were planing on going to Australia:

Regarding the ending of "The Graduate" good question. The movie ended rather unclear as what happened with Dustin Hoffman's character and the chick he dragged away from the alter. Did they get married? Or just continue to date?

I'll watch it. Thanks.

Reactions: Severen
SinisterKid

SinisterKid

Visionary
Jun 1, 2019
Dead Man's Shoes. One of my favourite films.

AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
I was going to but down that one! I was surprised no one else mentioned Sala samobójców, it was the first and only movie I've seen about suicide! It's kinda fitting for this forum haha
(It's Polish btw)
Oh snap, my bad. I didn't know it was polish. On Netflix they have it to where you automatically which audio/captions to any language you like.

Reactions: LongTimeComing
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Here is the ending scene of Butch Cassidy and it was not ctb, they were planing on going to Australia:

Regarding the ending of "The Graduate" good question. The movie ended rather unclear as what happened with Dustin Hoffman's character and the chick he dragged away from the alter. Did they get married? Or just continue to date?

Dude, it was a way to CTB. They realized, what the fuck was going to happen if they surrendered... Being tortured and hanged or rotting in a horrible prison for life, being tortured 24/7 by the guards and other inmates. And they knew they couldn't just fight their way out of that situation considering they were surrounded, outnumbered and outgunned. They made the right choice... OR did they simply need some vitamin D and Yoga?

She probably didn't know her plan was not much different from CTBing but it would have been a really cool way to CTB.

Last edited:
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Dude, it was a way to CTB. They realized, what the fuck was going to happen if they surrendered... Being tortured and hanged or rotting in a horrible prison for life, being tortured 24/7 by the guards and other inmates. And they knew they couldn't just fight their way out of that situation considering they were surrounded, outnumbered and outgunned. They made the right choice... OR did they simply need some vitamin D and Yoga?
No.

Yes they realized they could not surrender, but they also were not aware of just how many armed men were outside waiting for them. They talked about going to Australia just before they made a run for it, remember?

For the sake of objectivity in our difference of opinion, I'd welcome anybody else to view the Butch Cassidy ending scene and weigh in:

Last edited:
Reactions: Severen
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
No.

Yes they realized they could not surrender, but they also were not aware of just how many armed men were outside waiting for them. They talked about going to Australia just before they made a run for it, remember?

For the sake of objectivity in our difference of opinion, I'd welcome anybody else to view the Butch Cassidy ending scene and weigh in:

They realized they were going to die. Australia was just a way to conquer their SI.

What Dreams May Come is a viciously immoral film. Anyone who had a family member or friend commit suicide can just blame ourselves forever for not being Robin Williams able to rescue our beloveds by earnest gooiness. Fuck that. And while I'm at it, fuck movies that imply that love cures mental illness. It doesn't.

Reactions: appalachian moon, AutumnEmbers, Severen and 1 other person
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
They realized they were going to die. Australia was just a way to conquer their SI.
Sorry to say this man, but you're being delusional.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Soul
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
No.

It's been a long time since I watched the movie. Then I saw them charging outside and thought, that is the worst tactic ever against a bunch of soldiers waiting for them and thought they wanted to CTB. Why didn't they look outside, first?

What Dreams May Come is a viciously immoral film. Anyone who had a family member or friend commit suicide can just blame ourselves forever for not being Robin Williams able to rescue our beloveds by earnest gooiness. Fuck that. And while I'm at it, fuck movies that imply that love cures mental illness. It doesn't.

That is a possibility too. The movie could be one of those movies like Total Recall with the intention for the audience to choose their own conclusion.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutumnEmbers
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
That is a possibility too. The movie could be one of those movies like Total Recall with the intention for the audience to choose their own conclusion.
I saw Total Recall too - good movie. And if any film's ending is vague enough then there is room for a viewer's conclusion. In the case of Butch Cassidy though, it was clear that they simply were not aware of what awaited them and they thought they had a chance of getting away.

Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I saw Total Recall too - good movie. And if any film's ending is vague enough then there is room for a viewer's conclusion. In the case of Butch Cassidy though, it was clear that they simply were not aware of what awaited them and they thought they had a chance of getting away.

I'm not sure. If suddenly a bunch of Bolivian army soldiers or police officers arrived and started shooting at me... And I got shot a few times, I might make plans to go somewhere nice with a lot of easy money making opportunities too to cover up the reality of the situation in their shoes. Their future seemed pretty awesome to me. And perhaps, they didn't see death as simply going from one world to the next. I said, perhaps because it's been a long time since I've seen the movie so I don't remember if they revealed their thoughts on death or not. But deep down inside, would I be so optimistic to really think, I was going to make it out of there? Dude, they've been shot a few times. No medic is going to come for them and there wont be a helicopter ride to a hospital etc... I just realized the Sundance Kid would have made it out of there if he didn't provide covering fire for his best friend, because he could have made a run for it. That's what I call a best friend.

Last edited:
Reactions: AutumnEmbers
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
I'm not sure. If suddenly a bunch of Bolivian army soldiers or police officers arrived and started shooting at me... And I got shot a few times, I might make plans to go somewhere nice with a lot of easy money making opportunities too to cover up the reality of the situation in their shoes. Their future seemed pretty awesome to me. And perhaps, they didn't see death as simply going from one world to the next. I said, perhaps because it's been a long time since I've seen the movie so I don't remember if they revealed their thoughts on death or not. But deep down inside, would I be so optimistic to really think, I was going to make it out of there? Dude, they've been shot a few times. No medic is going to come for them and there wont be a helicopter ride to a hospital etc... I just realized the Sundance Kid would have made it out of there if he didn't provide covering fire for his best friend, because he could have made a run for it. That's what I call a best friend.

I have a copy if Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid - I'm going to watch it as it has been years since I've seen it - great movie.

Reactions: Severen and AutumnEmbers
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I have a copy if Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid - I'm going to watch it as it has been years since I've seen it - great movie.
I'm going to watch it again as well. It is a good movie and it has been a long time.

Confined_Soul

Confined_Soul

I'm Bleeding, Quietly living.
Jul 8, 2019
Suicide Room or sala samobojcow.
Is a polish film, very recommended, it's in youtube with subtitles.
one of my favourite movies, watched it about 23 times before attempting myself.

edit: Crap i just realized you already posted it, still, very much recomended!

Last edited:
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
Well, Taxi Driver was kind of about suicide by cop, although he ends up in the hospital at the end with people thinking of him as a hero.

The Bridge was a masterpiece. One of my favorite documentaries. Excellent, well-done, with some passion and without any overt message.

riverstyx

riverstyx

Experienced
May 31, 2019
I like documentaries about euthanasia.

The suicide tourist is good. Dying in Oregon is another.

ReverendGreen

ReverendGreen

Sleepy
Jun 27, 2019
Swiss Army Man is a great movie that begins with a suicide attempt.

Laststop

Laststop

Experienced
Jul 9, 2019
I see someone else already posted Shawshank Redemption. It was the first movie to come to mind for me.The old man got out of prison after decades of being there...the majority of his life....and couldn't cope with the world he found himself in. And I don't blame him. If he thought the time he was released in was bad, he would have really disliked now! The other movie I think of, which I don't see as listed yet is Master and Commander. That one officer who was at the first rank still in the British Navy, even though he was older, and should be far ahead, jumped off of the deck holding a cannonball. I feel for that character too. I also feel like all those around me make my life miserable because I don't measure up to the standards.

Reactions: Confined_Soul