• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

TheCrow

TheCrow

Invisible Spirit
Sep 26, 2018
"Romeo + Juliet" directed by Baz Luhrmann
"Sea of Trees" directed by Gus Van Sant

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob, Sadand39, sif and 1 other person
Pulpit2018

Pulpit2018

Experienced
Oct 8, 2018
I cannot believe nobody has recommended The Seventh Continent (Der siebente Kontinent) by Michael Haneke (1989 )

Its probably my favorite movie on the subject.

Also another good one (although a bit too artsy) is the french Le diable probablement (1977) (The Devil,Probably) by Robert Bresson.

Europeans can make good existential films.

Reactions: not_a_robot, Wolfjob_dayjob and Sadand39
Sadand39

Sadand39

Feb 6, 2019
Hello Sanctioned Suicide! I have a question! Do any of you have favorite films about or containing suicide?

Some of my favorites are:

"Tokyo Sonata" directed by Kiyoshi Kurosawa
"Battle Royale" directed by Kinji Fukasaku
"The End of the Tour" directed by James Ponsoldt
"Snowpiercer" directed by Bong Joon-ho
"Birdman" directed by Alejandro G. Iñnáritu

I'm particularly interested in films directed by women, but any good film is heartily welcome!

Kissed, Love Eternal, My Suicide, Wrist Cutters: A Love Story, The Sound of Insects, (Documentary) The Bridge, What Dreams May Come

Reactions: not_a_robot and Wolfjob_dayjob
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
There is a very graphic suicide scene in the movie "The Rules of Attraction"

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
Sadand39

Sadand39

Feb 6, 2019
I f
One of my favourites. Love it <3

I feel like the wife in it how she is stuck. Constantly lost, confused and in pain. Nothing at first gets through to her.

Reactions: Kim
Kyrok

Kyrok

Paragon
Nov 6, 2018
Just watched Russian Doll on Netflix.

Reactions: not_a_robot and Sadand39
ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
That was really eye opening, you can really see the people who are crying for help vs the ones who just jump at an instant.
Indeed - vivid. If I remember correctly there is the case of the guy - forgot his name, but had long hair, and they used the footage of him jumping backwards off the Golden Gate.

Reactions: Wolfjob_dayjob
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan

Reactions: not_a_robot
A

AutumnEmbers

May 2, 2019
'Oslo, August 31st' directed by Joachim Trier. One of my favourites.

Reactions: not_a_robot
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
You Were Never Really Here (2017) features self-harm - the kind that could pretty easily end up killing - but doesn't pass judgment on it. Directed by Lynne Ramsay, featuring my favorite Jonny Greenwood score and my favorite Joaquin Phoenix performance. One of my favorite 2017 films.

Reactions: deltahead and SinisterKid
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
Wristcutters : a Love story - bit of a comedy but pretty good
'night mother - Simply Brilliant. the dialog in this move just hits home!
Kate Plays Christine - this is about the reporter in the 70's who committed suicide on life tv
Christine - Another movie about the reporter in the 70's
Prayers for Bobby - this one has it all. gay / suicide /conversion therapy.

A

andy69

Experienced
May 23, 2019
'night Mother with Sissy Spacek and Anne Bancroft. It was based on a play written by Marsha Norman.

Enemies: A Love Story with Angelica Houston

Crimes of the Heart - Also with Sissy Spacek and based on a play by Beth Henley. She attempts suicide but keeps messing up. Tries to stick her head in the oven and forgets to take the rack out first.

Last edited:
Reactions: blanketyblk
blanketyblk

blanketyblk

Mage
Jun 9, 2019
'night Mother with Sissy Spacek and Anne Bancroft. It was based on a play written by Marsha Norman.
Yep. The play is really good. we got to see it performed in Melbourne about 10 years ago. was fantastic!

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
Thoroughly enjoyed Butch Cassidy - but if memory serves, Butch and Sundance had not been aware that the Bolivian Army was locked-and-loaded with their rifles and ready for them. They thought they had a good chance to get away. So it was not ctb, but rather a bad call on their part due to not knowing the situation.

BlueMeanie88

BlueMeanie88

Jun 16, 2019
I just watched Archie's Final Project On Netflix. I really liked it! Of course What Dreams May Come is on the list of faves as well. Such a great movie

Reactions: AtomicNewt
AhG

AhG

La vie est tout sauf un rêve
Jan 24, 2019
Suicide room, it's a French movie.

O

OfficerK

Experienced
May 6, 2018
Mommy by Xavier Dolan.

Reactions: malummo
LongTimeComing

LongTimeComing

I'm a saint, got a date with suicide
May 23, 2019
Suicide room, it's a French movie.
I was going to but down that one! I was surprised no one else mentioned Sala samobójców, it was the first and only movie I've seen about suicide! It's kinda fitting for this forum haha
(It's Polish btw)

Reactions: Soul
W

WaterUnder

Student
Apr 27, 2019
Thoroughly enjoyed Butch Cassidy - but if memory serves, Butch and Sundance had not been aware that the Bolivian Army was locked-and-loaded with their rifles and ready for them. They thought they had a good chance to get away. So it was not ctb, but rather a bad call on their part due to not knowing the situation.
That's not the way I saw the scene. I think they knew!
Did you think that "The Graduate" had a happy ending?

ManWithNoName

ManWithNoName

Enlightened
Feb 2, 2019
That's not the way I saw the scene. I think they knew!
Did you think that "The Graduate" had a happy ending?

Here is the ending scene of Butch Cassidy and it was not ctb, they were planing on going to Australia:

Regarding the ending of "The Graduate" good question. The movie ended rather unclear as what happened with Dustin Hoffman's character and the chick he dragged away from the alter. Did they get married? Or just continue to date?

Reactions: Severen