• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Hey Love! I'm so happy to hear that u have decided to go forward with the mentorship program! There is absolutely nothing like finding something ur passionate about. I'm sure u will b as much as an amazing mentor, as u r a big sister! :heart:

• Love
Reactions: ghostspace
ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
Hey Love! I'm so happy to hear that u have decided to go forward with the mentorship program! There is absolutely nothing like finding something ur passionate about. I'm sure u will b as much as an amazing mentor, as u r a big sister! :heart:
thank you so much! I'm happy, too. it'll give me something to look forward to every week and someone else to focus on. ♡
@ghostspace - just to say I'm really happy you've decided what to do and your head is in a better place.
me, too. I'm still a bit nervous, but I think it's going to be really fun. they told me that the kids are on a really long wait list and get SO excited when they're matched with someone.

• Love
Reactions: Lostandfound7
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Hi, I do appreciate your thoughts, but if you would just read my last post on here:

I have already made my decision to continue with the mentoring program at the encouragement of others who posted on this thread. If you read through everyone's responses, you'll see my concerns being addressed as we all worked through it together.

I know you weren't intending to, but words like the following dismantled my confidence a bit by suggesting I avoid working with kids because I might:

Those were the initial worries I brought here, but have realized were the result of catastrophic thinking.

I was just experiencing a panic attack yesterday and was overthinking my situation. I'm okay now and feel good about my decision to stick around another year.

I read through your first post, thoroughly, and the subsequent conversation. Many of these folks often give excellent advice on this forum and I respect them, so when I give the following example, please don't anyone take this as a personal reflection of themselves, or of the OP. I don't think at all that anyone is intentionally pushing harm here.

@ghostspace, imagine you were at a party. You stated that you were unhappy and experiencing some temporary instability, but you'd heard heroin could make one feel happy and fulfilled, although you had genuine reservations and concerns about doing it. Other folks at the party said how great the effects of heroin could be and it might meet your wants and needs. You decided to go for it. But I spoke up and said, "I heard your concerns and I think you were quite wise and self-aware in stating them. Have you considered that heroin is highly addictive and can cause real problems? I think there are other, safer ways to feel better, and I think waiting until you feel more stable to make this decision is wise. But, it is your choice and I respect your autonomy to make it." Then you said to me, "I appreciate your thoughts, but weren't you listening to the conversation? We worked through it together and I already said I'm going to do it. I know you didn't mean to, but your words dismantled my confidence a bit. My initial worries were just the result of catastrophic thinking."

If you're confident, it cannot be dismantled by the words of one naysayer. I say respectfully to you as well as to myself, I feel no remorse for directly addressing your stated concerns and not joining the crowd. I heard your concerns, and I respected and honored you enough to address them, standing alone.

I respectfully say, there is an active thread about parents feeling like a POS for wanting and planning to pursue ctb. Their love for and responsibilities to their kids are potentially not enough to tip the scales toward living. That is why I caution against placing the present and future weight of your well-being and a decision to ctb on a foundation of relationships with children.

As I have respectfully said before, your choices are yours, they're not in my yard. Neither is your confidence. I do not possess a super power to dismantle it. My opinions and confidence are in my yard, you are under no obligation to plant them in your own.

From my initial post here to this one, I sincerely wish you the best. I wish for your happiness and well-being, and if you seek it, the confidence and power to survive and thrive. This is just a matter of how I regard you, not any desire to control you. I respect that your wishes for yourself always take precedence.

ghostspace

ghostspace

ghost space, ghosts pace
Feb 10, 2020
I read through your first post, thoroughly, and the subsequent conversation. Many of these folks often give excellent advice on this forum and I respect them, so when I give the following example, please don't anyone take this as a personal reflection of themselves, or of the OP. I don't think at all that anyone is intentionally pushing harm here.

@ghostspace, imagine you were at a party. You stated that you were unhappy and experiencing some temporary instability, but you'd heard heroin could make one feel happy and fulfilled, although you had genuine reservations and concerns about doing it. Other folks at the party said how great the effects of heroin could be and it might meet your wants and needs. You decided to go for it. But I spoke up and said, "I heard your concerns and I think you were quite wise and self-aware in stating them. Have you considered that heroin is highly addictive and can cause real problems? I think there are other, safer ways to feel better, and I think waiting until you feel more stable to make this decision is wise. But, it is your choice and I respect your autonomy to make it." Then you said to me, "I appreciate your thoughts, but weren't you listening to the conversation? We worked through it together and I already said I'm going to do it. I know you didn't mean to, but your words dismantled my confidence a bit. My initial worries were just the result of catastrophic thinking."

If you're confident, it cannot be dismantled by the words of one naysayer. I say respectfully to you as well as to myself, I feel no remorse for directly addressing your stated concerns and not joining the crowd. I heard your concerns, and I respected and honored you enough to address them, standing alone.

I respectfully say, there is an active thread about parents feeling like a POS for wanting and planning to pursue ctb. Their love for and responsibilities to their kids are potentially not enough to tip the scales toward living. That is why I caution against placing the present and future weight of your well-being and a decision to ctb on a foundation of relationships with children.

As I have respectfully said before, your choices are yours, they're not in my yard. Neither is your confidence. I do not possess a super power to dismantle it. My opinions and confidence are in my yard, you are under no obligation to plant them in your own.

From my initial post here to this one, I sincerely wish you the best. I wish for your happiness and well-being, and if you seek it, the confidence and power to survive and thrive. This is just a matter of how I regard you, not any desire to control you. I respect that your wishes for yourself always take precedence.
please, I have made a decision, this is no longer relevant. I don't need anymore input.

I've explained twice that I realized what was making me nervous and it is no longer an issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.