• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

ihopethesnowsticks

ihopethesnowsticks

:>
Mar 7, 2023
about 4am yesterday i looked out the window and it had started snowing. i felt really excited for a sec, like i was a little child again - i went out and stood in the snow, it felt really nice. like many i learnt about this site from the tantacrul video, and whilst i can empathise with the families in the video, i don't agree with the overall message. in the last couple days looking on here i just see people hurting, not a cult.

the snow made me feel more hopeful today but im not sure why. im two weeks into anti-depressants, and havent seen any positive effect. i cut regularly, and haven't been to uni in 3 weeks. but finding this forum and knowing im not alone gives me a bit of hope, and maybe if i can't help myself, i can help someone else here. <3

T

timf

Enlightened
Mar 26, 2020
That you can connect with pleasant memories is a good sign.It is verification that you are able to control your environment to some degree. Sometimes depression grows in proportion to a lack of a feeling of control in life.

• Love
Reactions: ihopethesnowsticks
Flores de Abril

Flores de Abril

Mar 8, 2023
Its wonderful that you started to feel this way, nature sometimes can have a very relaxing and healing effect for us that struggle
If that makes you feel better it could be great for you search for more nature related activities, for once i think that walking in the woods can be very refreshing, it helps to silence the bad thoughts and to feel more conected to the world around you

• Love
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Felt the same yesterday - it was a snowstorm and a bit excessive maybe but pleasant to see. I hope they you're well.

• Love
S

System28

Student
Oct 14, 2022
in my country dont have snow, but i find some peace in rain days, when storm is coming, pretty peaceful feeling not sure why

• Love
fell

fell

bpd, cptsd, bipolar 2, trying lots of things šŸ’ž
Feb 4, 2023
I love this so much šŸ„°šŸ„° thank you for sharing. We haven't gotten snow here this season, but I've been loving hearing the birds come back and have been thinking about taking a drive for a few days to some warmer weather. I'm not sure if it'll be good for my well-being to not be home where I'm "safe" in case thoughts creep backā€¦ but it could also help to be in some nice weather and nature, so I've been thinking about it! :)

• Love
ihopethesnowsticks

ihopethesnowsticks

Mar 7, 2023
That you can connect with pleasant memories is a good sign.It is verification that you are able to control your environment to some degree. Sometimes depression grows in proportion to a lack of a feeling of control in life.
i hadn't thought about it like this, i've been feeling v out of control recently. ty!

S

Spyware

Nov 6, 2020
So relatable, I love winter and snow as well

Snow is the only good thing that my god forsaken country has...

• Love
ihopethesnowsticks

ihopethesnowsticks

Mar 7, 2023
I love this so much šŸ„°šŸ„° thank you for sharing. We haven't gotten snow here this season, but I've been loving hearing the birds come back and have been thinking about taking a drive for a few days to some warmer weather. I'm not sure if it'll be good for my well-being to not be home where I'm "safe" in case thoughts creep backā€¦ but it could also help to be in some nice weather and nature, so I've been thinking about it! :)
ty! hope ur doing ok
So relatable, I love winter and snow as well

Snow is the only good thing that my god forsaken country has...
theres something v lovely about it, my fav weather definitely
Felt the same yesterday - it was a snowstorm and a bit excessive maybe but pleasant to see. I hope they you're well.
you too :>

• Hugs
Reactions: fell
Lora_logphant

Lora_logphant

Mar 2, 2023
Thanks for sharing!! I am glad to hear that the snow brought some joy and hope into your day, I also love winter. It's important to hold on to those moments and cherish them, especially during tough times. Remember that even small moments of happiness and positivity can make a big difference in your overall well-being.

• Love