closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
Mine are Ricky Gervais and George Carlin - their views on people/humanity, god/religion and life in general resonate with me and they are immensely funny.
I'm neither right or left leaning, so I truly appreciate when a standup artist can say something funny about the bullshit around us in daily life, about fascist people who force their views and unsubstantiated beliefs on others, without fear of cancellation or backlash.

I'm putting a few youtube links from them.

George Carlin:

Ricky Gervais:

Do you know any more?
Who are your favorites? (posting links would be appreciated)

Note: If you find any of my favorites or anyone who posts here to be offensive to you or don't agree with them, this thread is NOT the right place to discuss/rant about that. Only positive inputs please.

B

bobosanogo

Mar 25, 2023
Bill Burr, Richard Pryor, Norm MacDonald are all great and basically any clip from them you find is almost guaranteed to be worthwhile. But I'll link Shane Gillis cos he's cracking me up lately:

TransilvanianHunger

TransilvanianHunger

Grave with a view...
Jan 22, 2023
My two favourites are Bill Hicks and Carlin, no contest. I also enjoy some Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Pryor, Ricky Gervais, even some early Louis C.K., but Carlin and Bill are the ones I listen to on a regular basis.

closemyeyes

closemyeyes

Mar 11, 2023
Bill Burr, Richard Pryor, Norm MacDonald are all great and basically any clip from them you find is almost guaranteed to be worthwhile. But I'll link Shane Gillis cos he's cracking me up lately:

Oh I super like Bill Burr! But I've never heard the others on your list, thank you!
My two favourites are Bill Hicks and Carlin, no contest. I also enjoy some Rodney Dangerfield, Richard Pryor, Ricky Gervais, even some early Louis C.K., but Carlin and Bill are the ones I listen to on a regular basis.

Oh Louis CK is awesome! In fact, I probably should have included him up there on my list! But I honestly have never heard a few of the names you put here - thank you!

Last edited:
B

bobosanogo

Mar 25, 2023
Oh I super like Bill Burr! But I've never heard the others on your list, thank you!

Oh Louis CK is awesome! In fact, I probably should have included him up there on my list! But I honestly have never heard a few of the names you put here - thank you!
Let us know how you feel about them! :)