real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
So, I've recently started collecting quotes I like from various movies, songs, etc. Here's what I have so far (and feel free to post your favorites as well).

Even though I am no better than a beast, don't I have the right to live?

- Oldboy

I wear this crown of shit
Upon my liar's chair
Full of broken thoughts
I cannot repair

- Hurt, Nine Inch Nails

And when you wake up
Everything is gonna be fine
I guarantee that you'll wake
In a better place, in a better time

- A Better Place, A Better Time, Streetlight Manifesto

The true mind can weather all the lies and illusions without being lost.
The true heart can tough the poison of hatred without being harmed.
Since beginningless time darkness thrives in the void.
But always yields to purifying light.

- Lion Turtle, ATLA

Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source.
True humility is the only antidote to shame.

- Iroh, ATLA

I believe people can change their lives if they want to.
I believe in second chances.

- Iroh, ATLA

Hope is a mistake. If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane.

- Max, Mad Max

Where must we go? We who wander this wasteland in search of our better selves?

- The First History Man, Mad Max

Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire.

- Schindler's List

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: etherealspring, Circles, meoka<3 and 5 others
Makoto

Makoto

Look into my eyes and tell me who I really am
Jun 20, 2024
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer and real human being
Bluebells

Bluebells

Benevolent
Jun 8, 2024
One of my recent favourites is from the poem "Prayer before birth" by Louis MacNiece. He talks of what he wants before he is born and the last line is so simple though I love it; "Otherwise kill me"
And Virginia Woolf's "What I want to say is I owe all the happiness of my life to you. You have been entirely patient with me and incredibly good. I want to say that — everybody knows it. If anybody could have saved me it would have been you." Hauntingly beautiful

Reactions: Cinnamorolls, not-2-b-the-answer and real human being
P

psp3000

Enlightened
May 20, 2023
"make it make it make it don't fake it make it make it goddamit come on bitch"

- Trash Humpers (2009)

"To me, my thing is, a video image is much more powerful and useful than an actual event. Like back when I used to go out, when I was last out, I was walking down the street and this guy, that came barreling out of a bar, fell right in front of me, and he had a knife right in his back, landed right on the ground and... Well, I have no reference to it now. I can't put it on pause. I can't put it on slow mo and see all the little details. And the blood, it was all wrong. It didn't look like blood. The hue was off. I couldn't adjust the hue. I was seeing it for real, but it just wasn't right. And I didn't even see the knife impact on the body. I missed that part."

- Slacker (1990)

Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
  • Love
Reactions: rayray, ijustwishtodie, jar-baby and 3 others
Superdeterminist

Superdeterminist

Enlightened
Apr 5, 2020
"For in that sleep of death, what dreams may come,
When we have shuffled off this mortal coil, must give us pause."

-Hamlet

"If there is a god,
He will have to beg my forgiveness."

-Unidentified WWII death camp prisoner

"That thousands have lived in happiness and joy, would never do away with the anguish of one individual."

-Arthur Schopenhauer

• Love
Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, ijustwishtodie and not-2-b-the-answer
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
All the quotes from the beginning and end of Criminal Minds episodes. I don't know why they haven't printed a book of them...

Reactions: mikgazer6
One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
"Death gotta be easy, 'cause life is hard. It'll leave you physically, mentally, and emotionally scarred." - 50 Cent

Reactions: ijustwishtodie, mikgazer6, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
meoka<3

meoka<3

Passionately misguided
Jun 20, 2024
Now, I don't know if this is cringey or not, but my favorite quote is actually from a character in one of my favorite fantasy series.

"To me, the one basking in infinite glory is you; the one fallen from grace is also you. What matters is you, and not the state of you."
-Xie Lian

Reactions: mikgazer6 and not-2-b-the-answer
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
"Nice playin' football bitch!"

-Nigel Gruff
"The Replacements" movie

Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
"There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man"
- Patrick Rothfuss (writer)
- The wise man's fear (book)

• Love
Reactions: mikgazer6 and meoka<3
daocreator

daocreator

Unstable uni student
Nov 29, 2023
"one must imagine Sisyphus happy". Albert Camus

L

lacrimosa

Experienced
Jul 1, 2024
"Thou great star! What would be thy happiness if thou hadst not those for whom thou shinest!

For ten years hast thou climbed hither unto my cave: thou wouldst have wearied of thy light and of the journey, had it not been for me, mine eagle, and my serpent.

But we awaited thee every morning, took from thee thine overflow and blessed thee for it.

Lo! I am weary of my wisdom, like the bee that hath gathered too much honey; I need hands outstretched to take it.

I would fain bestow and distribute, until the wise have once more become joyous in their folly, and the poor happy in their riches.

Therefore must I descend into the deep: as thou doest in the evening, when thou goest behind the sea, and givest light also to the nether-world, thou exuberant star!

Like thee must I GO DOWN, as men say, to whom I shall descend.

Bless me, then, thou tranquil eye, that canst behold even the greatest happiness without envy!

Bless the cup that is about to overflow, that the water may flow golden out of it, and carry everywhere the reflection of thy bliss!"

- Friedrich Nietzsche - Thus Spake Zarathustra prologue section 1.

• Love
Reactions: mikgazer6 and daocreator
J

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
"The unexamined life is not worth living."
—Socrates

"The beginning of thought is in disagreement—not only with others, but with ourselves."
—Eric Hoffer

"Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood."
—Marie Curie

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself—and you are the easiest person to fool."
—Richard Feynman

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov, ijustwishtodie, Pluto and 2 others
mikgazer6

mikgazer6

college student
Jul 1, 2024
"Half the time I see my best self as a playa who know what he deserve
Then I wake up on the next day unable to relate to the meaning of the word
The unlimited worlds in this one Earth, its work and its worth
Said that's why I motivate my love of life undermined by, as it were, feeling insecure"

Hardcore punk lyrics. Half the lyrics on the album are from the writer's personal recovery and have done more for me than any help from therapists, friends, and family lmao

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

*perpetually annoyed*
Mar 14, 2024
All (or most) of the quotes in the episodes of Criminal Minds.
Wish there was a printed book/journal version.

One day too late

One day too late

I don't want hope. Hope is killing me.
Aug 14, 2020
"You're always smiling, real friendly like, but your smile is so empty, it hurts to watch you. It's like you're hurting like crazy and grinning to hide it" - Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Trigun

Reactions: LoiteringClouds and meoka<3
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I'll post them in gifs. Much better context:
The Office Batman GIF

my name is khan GIF

Jurassic Park Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

likes GIF

request someone GIF

Tropic Thunder - all the dialogue is top tier.
21/22 Jump Street - the delivery of lines is amazing.
The Lost World: Jurassic Park - more serious in tone but a lot of dread and memorable stuff. Characters making sacrifices :(
Team America: World Police - every single is beyond god tier. It'll be 9/11 times 2356…. My god that's… I don't even know what this is!

NOBODY DOES…..

Cabin in the Woods - homage to all horror movies. The scenes with these two is gold every time. Especially with the Merman lol. 🧜‍♂️.

I could do this for hours just picked a few otherwise the thread would be cooked.

LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Tell me bat's, Have you ever danced with the devil under the pale moon light? "The joker" Batman 1989. 🐺

Reactions: One day too late
C

Circles

Visionary
Sep 3, 2018
"It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late."
-Emil Cioran

Reactions: Alexei_Kirillov
Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
"This all shall pass, but than it's gonna be too late."

damienlerone03

damienlerone03

reject humanity, return to monke
May 5, 2024
my signature

• Hugs
Reactions: Sylveon
hawkshorizon

hawkshorizon

Aug 23, 2023
"The sharp edge of a razor is difficult to pass over; thus the wise say the path to Salvation is hard."

W.M. Maughm, The Razor's Edge

Steff1337

Steff1337

Autistic and schizophrenic, please be respectful
Jun 21, 2024
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."

Eternal Eyes

Eternal Eyes

Student
Dec 3, 2023
"Dangerous knowledge is still knowledge and therefore useful. Usually turns out to be the most useful, in my experience." - Neloth, Skyrim.

Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
"I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you're not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You're a plague and we are the cure."

- Agent Smith - Matrix

Imagined_Euphoria

Imagined_Euphoria

Student
Aug 5, 2024
"I was walking along the bank of a stream when I saw a mother otter with her cubs, a very endearing sight, I'm sure you'll agree. And even as I watched, the mother otter dived into the water and came up with a plump salmon, which she subdued and dragged onto a half submerged log. As she ate it, while of course it was still alive, the body split and I remember to this day the sweet pinkness of its roes as they spilled out, much to the delight of the baby otters, who scrambled over themselves to feed on the delicacy. One of nature's wonders, gentlemen. Mother and children dining upon mother and children. And that is when I first learned about evil. It is built into the very nature of the universe. Every world spins in pain. If there is any kind of supreme being, I told myself, it is up to all of us to become his moral superior."
Terry Pratchett