RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
"You know, sometimes I feel like I was born with a leak, and any goodness I started with just slowly spilled out of me, and now it's all gone. And I'll never get it back in me. It's too late. Life is a series of closing doors, isn't it?"
-BoJack Horseman

• Hugs
Reactions: 262653, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and 3 others
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
"Don't talk to me of the British Navy's 'tradition'. It's nothing but rum, sodomy, and the lash."

- unknown

• Love
Reactions: Circles, SelfHatingAspie and SinisterKid
Conflicted Cat

Conflicted Cat

Experienced
May 23, 2019
No one is around to help.
Life is hard, Life is stressful.
I need Peace and Tranquillity.
I don't have to prove myself to anyone.

Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
K

Kuolema

Student
Jun 27, 2019
On the day I die, when I'm being carried toward the grave, don't weep. Don't say, He's gone! He's gone. Death has nothing to do with going away. The sun sets and the moon sets, but they're not gone. Death is a coming together. The tomb looks like a prison, but it's really release into union. The human seed goes down in the ground like a bucket into the well where Joseph is. It grows and comes up full of some unimagined beauty. Your mouth closes here and immediately opens with a shout of joy there.

- Rumi

Reactions: Circles, 262653 and not_a_robot
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Shadow thought there was a lot to be said for bottling up emotions. If you did it long enough and deep enough, he suspected, pretty soon you wouldn't feel anything at all.
-American Gods by Neil Gaiman​

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Circles and not_a_robot
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

"i hope the leaving is joyful, & never to return"
May 30, 2019
"You've invented a new form of suicide; you're gonna bore yourself to death!"

• Love
Reactions: Pupuce, Circles, SelfHatingAspie and 2 others
SelfHatingAspie

SelfHatingAspie

Ambitious but rubbish
Jul 2, 2019
"Everything is important. Either that, or nothing is; I prefer the former." - Cantus Fraggle

• Love
Reactions: Circles and not_a_robot
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
"You've invented a new form of suicide; you're gonna bore yourself to death!"

I had a biology teacher once who could literally bore people to death... His voice was so monotonous and he would go on and on and on. People would literally skip his class to avoid having to listen to him.

Reactions: Circles, SelfHatingAspie and RM5998
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
**I would rather live my life as if there is a God to die and find there isn't, then to live as there isn't and to die and find out that there is**. -Albert Camus .

Ive lived by this quote for many years.

• Love
Reactions: Circles, Severen, SelfHatingAspie and 1 other person
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
"NARF!"
-pinky

• Love
Reactions: Circles and RM5998
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
**I would rather live my life as if there is a God to die and find there isn't, then to live as there isn't and to die and find out that there is**. -Albert Camus .

Ive lived by this quote for many years.

Well, yeah. Better safe than sorry, right? You don't want to die, thinking there is no after life and then suddenly, you are like "OH SHIT. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AND WHO IS THIS ASSHOLE!" And then you'll become confused, panic etc... Nothing beneficial for you. Always prepare your mind for everything because anything is possible. Make sure you have a plan A, a plan B, a plan C, a plan D, a plan E etc... Shit, if I die and end up face to face with H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu, I will be mentally prepared. Same thing, if I see something like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Circles and SelfHatingAspie
M

Morphinekiss

Enlightened
Jun 8, 2019
"It's everybody, I mean. Everything everybody does is so — I don't know — not wrong, or even mean, or even stupid necessarily. But just so tiny and meaningless and — sad-making. And the worst part is, if you go bohemian or something crazy like that, you're conforming just as much only in a different way."Salinger, Franny and Zooey

• Love
Reactions: Dead Horse, Circles, RM5998 and 2 others
not_a_robot

not_a_robot

May 30, 2019
"I can help!"
(do not watch. suicide fuel. :(

Reactions: AutumnEmbers and Circles
Lush_nova

Lush_nova

Self Destruct Activated
May 16, 2019
Well, yeah. Better safe than sorry, right? You don't want to die, thinking there is no after life and then suddenly, you are like "OH SHIT. WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS AND WHO IS THIS ASSHOLE!" And then you'll become confused, panic etc... Nothing beneficial for you. Always prepare your mind for everything because anything is possible. Make sure you have a plan A, a plan B, a plan C, a plan D, a plan E etc... Shit, if I die and end up face to face with H.P. Lovecraft's Cthulhu, I will be mentally prepared.

I hate you, you just made me literally laugh out loud damn it laughing emojis dontwork....

Reactions: Circles
mattwitt

mattwitt

# 978
Jun 28, 2018
I can see how it might be possible for a man to look down upon the earth and be an atheist, but I cannot conceive how a man could look up into the heavens and say there is no God.

- Abraham Lincoln

Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
"This is the most limited form of existence you will ever know.
You can't be deader than this."
--Terence McKenna

Reactions: not_a_robot and Circles
Daigoro’sDisciple

Daigoro’sDisciple

Jul 6, 2019
'When people are free from cunning, desire, and artifice, everything will be well-ordered of its own accord.' - Lao Tzu

Reactions: not_a_robot and Circles
P

PBis

May 24, 2019
Just came across this today:

"The living who are in such a hurry, the living who have grown accustomed to war as to a hectic way of life, the living who cannot believe they will have to die themselves, they do not think of you anymore. It is as if death has not only ended your life, but annihilated it as well. For a little while you will continue to exist as a number on the quartermasters' list, a pathetic subject for a memorial speech; but you, human, you do not exist and it is as if you never have existed. What lies there below us [in that gorge] is carbon and hydrogen sulphide, covered in tatters of uniform, and we call it: dead. "

Diary of an Italian soldier, Alpine front, September 1916.

Reactions: RM5998 and Circles
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
"Don't pity the dead ... Pity the living ..."

Reactions: Oyoy, AutumnEmbers, mattwitt and 5 others
Life+me=error

Life+me=error

Warlock
May 22, 2019
Das Leben ist ein ständiger Neuanfang, nicht war?!

Dead Horse

Dead Horse

Hopeless, but literally
Nov 14, 2018
"Lord help my poor soul." -- Edgar Allan Poe's last words

"The sadness will last forever" -- Vincent van Gogh's last words

"I don't like spinach, and I'm glad I don't, because if I liked it I'd eat it, and I just hate it." -- Clarence Darrow

• Love
Reactions: Oyoy, not_a_robot and RM5998
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
Kelsey, in this terrifying world, all we have are the connections that we make. I'm sorry I got you fired, I'm sorry I never called you after.
I don't know how to be, Diane. It doesn't get better and it doesn't get easier. I can't keep lying to myself thinking I'm gonna change, I'm poison. I come from poison. I have poison inside me and I destroy everything I touch. That's my legacy. I have nothing to show for the live I have lived. And I have nobody in my life who's better off for having known me.
I know you wanna be happy, but you won't be, and... I'm sorry. It's not just you, you know. Your father and I, we, well... You come by it, honestly, the ugliness inside you. You were born broken. That's your birthright. And now you can fill your life with projects--your books, and your girlfriends, and your little movies--but that won't make you whole. You're BoJack Horseman. There's no cure for that.
They see a greatness in me and mistake it for goodness, but I know that there's nothing there.
He filled the air with words, terrified of silence, as one often is who is smart enough to recognize his many personal failings but unwilling or unable to take the steps required to fix them.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and not_a_robot
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
"We're all dying. That's what defines the condition of living."
― Winston Churchill, The Crown

Reactions: Oyoy and not_a_robot
Mort

Mort

No use to know one
Feb 15, 2019
Here's to alcohol: the cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems."
The great man him self homer j Simpson;)

• Hugs
Reactions: Orin, RM5998, not_a_robot and 1 other person
Foxglove

Foxglove

Aug 3, 2018
"Be careful, you are not in Wonderland. I've heard the strange madness long growing in your soul. But you are fortunate in your ignorance, in your isolation. You who have suffered, find where love hides. Give, share, lose—lest we die, unbloomed."
-film, Kill Your Darlings

Reactions: woxihuanni, Donewith_, RM5998 and 1 other person
Orin

Orin

Experienced
Apr 16, 2019
"it's not really a measure of mental health to be well-adjusted in a society that's very sick."
--The OA

Reactions: woxihuanni, AutumnEmbers and Kikoo Loool
Bagger

Bagger

Stressful
Jun 18, 2019
I have many, but this one is for today.

"Living matter evades the decay to equilibrium"
- Erwin Schrödinger

Reactions: woxihuanni and Foxglove
RM5998

RM5998

Sack of Meat
Sep 3, 2018
That even though your parents aren't what you need them to be, over and over and *over* again, at any moment they might surprise you with something... wonderful. I kept waiting for that, the proof, that even though my mother was a hard woman, deep down she loved me and cared about me and wanted me to know that I made her life a little bit brighter. Even now, I find myself waiting.
-BoJack Horseman, BoJack Horseman.​

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Whatever707
ScorpiusDragon

ScorpiusDragon

Mage
Mar 25, 2019
"Truth becomes fiction when the fiction's true; real becomes not-real where the unreal's real."~ Cao Xueqin (Author of Dream of the Red Chamber)

"I thought how unpleasant it is to be locked out; and I thought how it is worse, perhaps to be locked in." ~Virginia Woolf

"The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion." ~Albert Camus

Tragoedia Vitae

Tragoedia Vitae

Experienced
Oct 14, 2018
"It would be wrong to refuse to face the fact that everything is fundamentally sick and sad."
-Thomas Bernhard (Gargoyles)

Reactions: Orin, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Kikoo Loool