MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
Okay, before I CTB, I thought I'd start a new thread on one of the biggest cultural phenomenon of all time: Pokémon!

Like the title says, just state your favorite Pokémon and perhaps add a cool picture to go along with it and maybe a description as to why it's your favorite?

I'll start. My favorite Pokémon currently is Musharna. Musharna is from generation 5 and is known as the "drowsing" Pokémon. As I will be going to sleep very soon, I think this Pokémon is quite fitting!

For those of you who battle competitively (so like maybe 3 of you), I usually run a Musharna as my lead in Doubles OU with Trick Room, Moonlight, Energy Ball, and Psychic. It holds either a Colbur berry, a rocky helmet, or a mental herb depending on my mood.

tumblr_mgl4yhzm8i1qd87hlo1_500.gif

Reactions: Rocinante, WonderingSoul, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
N

NotWorthLiving

Enlightened
Dec 8, 2018
I've heard if Pokémon but have no idea what its about and don't really care tbh. Soz.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kill Me Now and Chinaski
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I like Articuno from Generation I. I didn't really follow Pokemon after generation 1. I know a little of generation 2, but that's it. I actually like Digimon more than Pokemon, haha.

Reactions: DynamicDepression, MellowAvenue and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
I've heard if Pokémon but have no idea what its about and don't really care tbh. Soz.

That's okay. It's really one of those things you have to grow up with to get.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Kill Me Now, Jodes and 1 other person
MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
I like Articuno from Generation I. I didn't really follow Pokemon after generation 1. I know a little of generation 2, but that's it. I actually like Digimon more than Pokemon, haha.

Yo, Digimon was the bomb too!

Reactions: m00nlyte, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 3 others
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
Yo, Digimon was the bomb too!

Ah yes. Digimon had the better show, deeper storylines and cooler characters and better character development. Pokemon still has pretty good games. The Digimon games were hit or miss back in the day, now Digimon has some better games these days. I like Mewtwo, but I think that's sorta cliche, because he's such a powerful Pokemon. Metalgarurumon is my favorite Digimon.

Reactions: MellowAvenue, sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and 2 others
MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
Ah yes. Digimon had the better show, deeper storylines and cooler characters and better character development. Pokemon still has pretty good games. The Digimon games were hit or miss back in the day, now Digimon has some better games these days. I like Mewtwo, but I think that's sorta cliche, because he's such a powerful Pokemon. Metalgarurumon is my favorite Digimon.

I agree with all of those points! I think that the competitive scene in Pokémon is better though. It's more consistent.

Reactions: sif, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Jodes and 2 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
Damn MexicanTravels, nice last thread. I used to adore Pokemon back in the days.

Favorite Pokemon? So many good ones from the first generation. I could list 100 from the original 150 Pokemons.
1st G Pokemons were so well thought out and designed.
Anyways If I had to choose one I would pick Charizard. He's a fire type <3, a 'kinda' dragon, with a badass design, and is strong af.
Charizard-charizard-13965898-300-312.jpg

• Love
Reactions: omoidarui, MellowAvenue, sif and 5 others
L

Lefty

Mage
Dec 7, 2018
I agree with all of those points! I think that the competitive scene in Pokémon is better though. It's more consistent.

Well yeah Pokemon is more popular, so its going to have a more conesistant competitive scene.

Reactions: Rocinante, MellowAvenue, sif and 2 others
wiIIow

wiIIow

Arcanist
Sep 22, 2018
Dunsparce!

Dd87fe59 d181 4926 aa04 e740657474cb

DUNSPARCE!

6a0d1b90 29bd 4167 934b e36afda3f958

DUNSPARCE!!!

4a84eca7 236c 44aa a72c 4196c20874b9

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, omoidarui, Manaaja and 4 others
Threads

Threads

Warlock
Jul 13, 2018
sleepy_mudkip_by_caught_gaming-d8xzcox.gif

i herd u liek mudkips

• Yay!
Reactions: omoidarui, lofticries, sif and 3 others
MexicanTravels

MexicanTravels

Pokémon Master
Sep 6, 2018
Damn MexicanTravels, nice last thread. I used to adore Pokemon back in the days.

Favorite Pokemon? So many good ones from the first generation. I could list 100 from the original 150 Pokemons.
1st G Pokemons were so well thought out and designed.
Anyways If I had to choose one I would pick Charizard. He's a fire type <3, a 'kinda' dragon, with a badass design, and is strong af.
Charizard-charizard-13965898-300-312.jpg

Lol this reminds me of a Reddit copypasta:

Here's the thing. You said "a Charizard is a dragon." Is it in the same family? Yes. No one's arguing that. As someone who is a Dragon type Gym Leader, I am telling you, specifically, in all of Kanto, no one calls Charizards dragons. If you want to be "specific" like you said, then you shouldn't either. They're not the same thing. If you're saying "dragon egg group" you're referring to the entire breeding group, which includes things from Charmander to Magikarp to Goomy. So your reasoning for calling a Charizard a dragon is because random people "call the giant lizards dragons?" Let's get Mega Gyarados and Aerodactyl in there, then, too. Also, calling someone an Indigo E4 or Kanto E4, It's not one or the other, that's not how the Indigo League works. They're both. A Charizard is a Charizard and a member of the dragon family. But that's not what you said. You said a Charizard is a dragon, which is not true unless you're okay with calling all members of the dragon family dragons, which means you'd call Magikarp, Goomy, and Alolan Exeggutor dragons, too. Which you said you don't. It's okay to just admit you're talking about Mega Charizard X, you know?

Reactions: MellowAvenue, sif and RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
Marine

Marine

*~ 絶対に 全てを取り戻させてもらう ~*
Jul 5, 2020
lucario and the mystery of mew pokemon GIF

• Love
Reactions: Shadowlord900, omoidarui, l0stc4use and 2 others
MellowAvenue

MellowAvenue

👻
Nov 5, 2020
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Message In A Bottle, omoidarui and 4 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021

• Yay!
Reactions: MellowAvenue, l0stc4use and ketchup sandwich
l0stc4use

l0stc4use

lonely
May 6, 2022
pokemon GIF

want to give him big hug

• Hugs
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, DynamicDepression, Feeding Pigeons and 2 others
D

DynamicDepression

Deranged
Mar 28, 2022
Although I wouldn't call myself a Pokémon fan (I've only played one game and watched the first anime series), I would give my credit card details to Oddish.

Maxresdefault

• Love
Reactions: Rocinante, omoidarui and MellowAvenue
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
My favorite Pokémon is Gliscor. Always liked Gligar but now they made it into an even cooler vampire bat/scorpion thing. I first started liking this Pokémon while watching the Diamond and Pearl anime. Ash's Gliscor had a similar story to his Squirtle's but I liked this Pokémon's design and typing. Ground/Flying was pretty unique and somewhat good at the time.

After using one in the games I began to respect how good it was competitively. In Gen 4, its Hyper Cutter ability was great for being immune to Intimidate, the burn status's attack drop, and moves like Growl. Gen 5 only made it better by leaning into its decent tankiness and giving it Poison Heal as a hidden ability. This made it so that it was easy to choose the Toxic Orb item for it which happened to have no downsides if it was knocked off. Plus being poisoned means you can't get burned or paralyzed AND you get twice the health of a leftovers every turn. Gliscor's moveset being so wide gave it so much utility too that made it useful for almost any team.

Of course Landorus Therian form does a lot of what it wants to do but better, but Gliscor's niche with Poison Heal was still pretty valuable to me.

• Yay!
Reactions: Rocinante, omoidarui, lofticries and 1 other person
PinkSakura

PinkSakura

Rip Flower I'll never forget you </3 我想你花
Feb 8, 2021
Pikachu

Reactions: Rocinante, omoidarui and Marine
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
It think I told this story here before, anyway. I was hell-bent on using Togepi, since I thought she was cute, eventually she ended up as a Togetic. She wasn't the strongest member, but I liked her too much to replace her.

In one of those days checking my elemental stones, I realized that Togetic could use it, we were still in the era of rumors and hidden stuff, so I did that regularly haha. But anyway, Togetic evolved into a gallant Togekiss, I said to myself "Well, now she'll be stronger", when reviewing what she could learn among the TMs I had, she could learn almost everything, even with the Move Reminder she could access to extremely rare movements like Aura Sphere. She saved me many times from tight situations in my first run through Pokemon Platinum, almost as if the whole friendship power stuff was real, being a girl about 9 years old that caused a lot of impression on me. That's why I call all my Togekiss "Hope".

togekiss pokemon drawn by uninori  eb32e41342d629233204a70e2b30fc85

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Venus13, Rocinante, lofticries and 1 other person
Message In A Bottle

Message In A Bottle

📜 Just me, myself, and I
Apr 1, 2022
That's a no brainer - eevee! The cutest and snuggliest pokè of em all
pokemon GIF

• Love
Reactions: leavingthesoultrap, Shadowlord900 and Ringo
Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
DC783017 CD67 4F3D AD64 ED4BC498DD32
I also like Xatu and Morgrem

• Love
Reactions: Ringo
Shadowlord900

Shadowlord900

Seeker of Darkness
Sep 29, 2022
Mew is my most absolute favourite Pokemon, I have multiple plush toys of Mew.

• Love
Reactions: noonipie and Ringo
Venus13

Venus13

Experienced
Oct 2, 2022
togepi GIF

I like jigglypuff too. That's what I liked as a kid.
It think I told this story here before, anyway. I was hell-bent on using Togepi, since I thought she was cute, eventually she ended up as a Togetic. She wasn't the strongest member, but I liked her too much to replace her.

In one of those days checking my elemental stones, I realized that Togetic could use it, we were still in the era of rumors and hidden stuff, so I did that regularly haha. But anyway, Togetic evolved into a gallant Togekiss, I said to myself "Well, now she'll be stronger", when reviewing what she could learn among the TMs I had, she could learn almost everything, even with the Move Reminder she could access to extremely rare movements like Aura Sphere. She saved me many times from tight situations in my first run through Pokemon Platinum, almost as if the whole friendship power stuff was real, being a girl about 9 years old that caused a lot of impression on me. That's why I call all my Togekiss "Hope".

View attachment 95829
What a sweet story. Just being cute is why I liked Togepi too.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ringo
noonipie

noonipie

Student
Apr 5, 2023
mimikyu, shedinja, and doublade at the moment

Inuyasha

Inuyasha

May 23, 2023
Hoopa is my favourite Pokémon

C9CC5B76 01D9 4BCD 8F69 8DBF213FD207