• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3b
    oei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

BodyOfDaffodil

BodyOfDaffodil

Jun 14, 2023
TW: SA, DRUGS, ALCOHOL, DEATH

It's me again, how unsurprising. I've yapped about my story countless times on this website that I'm sure a few of you already know who I am and how I got to be how I am. Nonetheless I'm sharing another story that just happened to me as recently as two days ago.

I had a sick grandpa who was my everything. He suffered from cancer, and when they found out it was indeed cancer that he was suffering with; it was already terminal. Stage four cancer that they couldn't treat due to my grandpa's old age. I was devastated and utterly hopeless when I learned of this disease and stayed by his side for as long as I could. I even dropped out of school to take care of him full time for almost two months on and off. Last friday is when we buried him, and the previous friday is the last day I spoke to him. I was stone sober for the first time in awhile, and I was sharing my feelings with him. He told me that it was time I take care of myself and move forward with my life instead of dwelling on the past. To which, I agreed. and still do agree with.

He passed that following sunday and we had his service for three days until we laid him to rest on friday. I don't think I'll ever be the same. Last wednesday I ended up hanging out with 'R', my rapey stepbrother that caused me a whole world of pain. (read previous posts for messy context) Nonetheless, he was there against his will as was I (our parents are engaged and we ended up staying at the same place together without being told since our parents suck and never communicate change of plans.) and he apologized for what he did to me and' acknowledged' that he was wrong (most definitely did not, gaslighting mf, anyways) and that he should have never done those things to me. He wanted to make it up to me, and called over his current girlfriend. At first I was confused until he told me that she had brought 'snow' to our house and insisted on sharing it with me.

Mind you I had been sober for a few weeks prior and was relatively doing well having been off the stuff. But when I seen that shimmering powder all my restraint just fell in an instant. I did line after line until it was 5-6am in the morning. I went to bed feeling sick and woke up just as sick. However I managed to fix myself with about a half gram that I had stolen from them when they left me unattended in the car. So I ended up going to my grandpa's funeral service high as a kite on the last day of his service, and the day we buried him. No one knows I am addicted to coc@ine. They only know that I am addicted to xannies and have dabbled in snow before. I know when I run out of snow that I am going to feel like the worst human being in the world for committing such a disgusting sin against the purity and sanctity of a funeral, and there's no justification for it. I cannot even begin to defend myself.

My grandpa was a massive stone in my life that kept me grounded and in control of myself. I loved him to death, and beyond that even. There was many times in our adventures together that I actively considered him my father. Now that is he six feet under, I am left with an empty feeling. I haven't cried since tuesday, and I am numb to everything. Me and Vodka recently became bestfriends too, with weed. I am still moving forward but I think I deserve time to grieve. But I don't know. This is a ramble if anything, but to anyone reading I appreciate you taking the time out of your day to care about a stupid girl like me.

Sincerely, Daffodil.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Sylveon
H

Hvergelmir

May 5, 2024
I know when I run out of snow that I am going to feel like the worst human being in the world for committing such a disgusting sin...
Your drug habit isn't a sin to anyone but yourself. I think it's in your utmost interest to escape destructive addictions, but I don't think feeling guilt is rational or productive.
Try to keep the problems separate. You drug problems and your loss are not causally related, and doesn't have to exacerbate each other.

Best of luck getting it under control. If you knocked it once, you know how to knock it again. It's going to suck, but it'll be the lesser evil.
Consider moving far away, getting rid of social circles prone to hooking you.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Linda
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I think your grandpa gave you excellent advice: take care of yourself and move forward with your life. I also think he would be understanding about you being high at his funeral, so don't worry about that.
As @Hvergelmir said, if you can manage to stay away from the drugs - all of them, including the alcohol - that would certainly help moving forward.
Good luck.

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
OrphicEnd

OrphicEnd

ㅤㅤ‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎‎
Aug 24, 2023
All my condolences, I'm sorry this happened to you... Losing the person you love most in your family is one of the most painful things. And it's hard to go on like if nothing happened. Mourning is always long and cruel.
You should stay as far away from your raper as possible, even if it means being cold, what he did is unforgivable, it's already very nice that you didn't say anything to his girlfriend or send the police to his apartment for that he was on drugs. Don't touch drugs/alcohol anymore, these things make you feel good for a few moments but they slowly destroy you. Follow your grandfather's last wishes, be strong and move forward, because it's the last thing you can do for him. I know you can do it, you've done it before.
I wish you the best, even if you feel even more alone now, you're never really alone

(Sorry for arriving late, I hope that in these few days apart your situation has improved)

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori