• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

No_Lxve

No_Lxve

it's always better to cease to exist
Apr 14, 2023
I don't even know where to start honestly, I have been suicidal ever since last year. but right now, shit is getting very bad.

I've had no motivation to even go to school. I'm failing my classes as of now. I know this situation is bad, but I don't feel motivated to fix it.

I'm just staring at the ceiling just thinking of how my life has just been so shit. I want to pursue my degree still, but depression is winning.

nothing motivates me...any tips? if any?

Not.Flugel

Not.Flugel

✨Invaild Pharmacy Student✨
May 7, 2023
Sorry, if I can't be more helpful but I am feeling the same. I just force myself to do it, even if I have 0 motivation. Even if I get only 2-4 hours of sleep because I have so much shit to redo. For your classes I started a habit ever since I started Uni to go to ever class that has an exam, regardless of how I feel. I take so long to get ready in the morning and even getting up is a chore, but just fighting your way through is the only way to keep myself at least somewhat on schedule. You don't need to be motivated to do it, just do it. Don't question why, because you will at least thank yourself later for even attending some classes. But yeah, still fucks me up pretty hard every day, but in the evening I can have my mental breakdowns once uni is finished. Sorry for the rant, and if this is unhelpful.

cgrtt.brns

cgrtt.brns

wandering ghost (he/him)
Apr 19, 2023
im no expert and this is just an idea so im sorry if its unhelpful, but maybe thinking of and reminding yourself where you'll be or how you're life will be better after you graduate might motivate you? i think one of the reasons we lose motivation is because our nervous system doesnt see the point in using up so much energy for something that doesnt give immediate results, so it purposely makes us feel tired and unmotivated so we dont "waste" the energy. but if you try to remind yourself of the positive results you will get it might motivate you to push yourself to achieve that result? for example: after attending one class, remind yourself that it will increase your likelihood of passing (i know its not as simple as this, but trying to basically trick your brain into believing the effort is worth putting in is what this is trying to do if that makes sense).
if that doesnt help, maybe try rewarding yourself everytime you manage to do something towards your progress, and reminding yourself before you do something that you will get a reward afterwards might give you that push to actually do it. for example: after attending a class you treat yourself to some food you really like or a hobby you enjoy or talking with a friend, something that you know will make you feel good. basically just training ur brain to associate a task with an immediate positive result and hopefully ending up helping you feel more motivated.
i hope this made sense and was helpful, if not i really hope you do eventually find what works for you. wishing you all the best, and remember to take care of yourself as your body needs all the energy it can get.

B

Bijinal

May 19, 2023
I feel you. In a few days I'll be officially expelled from my Uni because I didn't manage to get any credit last year. These past few years have been a cycle between trying to progress in school (and life in general), failing or something happening that halts my attempt -or sometimes just getting fk'd by my body's own chemistry-, and then relapsing into my addictions and brainless distractions and not leaving my room for months (besides to do groceries and the similar). All of that while I maintain a facade to my family because I fear what would happen and how they'd feel if they knew all about it.
And of course, all the other mental battles and conflicts that come with it.

Kerock

Kerock

Apr 10, 2023
I don't even know where to start honestly, I have been suicidal ever since last year. but right now, shit is getting very bad.

I've had no motivation to even go to school. I'm failing my classes as of now. I know this situation is bad, but I don't feel motivated to fix it.

I'm just staring at the ceiling just thinking of how my life has just been so shit. I want to pursue my degree still, but depression is winning.

nothing motivates me...any tips? if any?
see your school therapist and try yo get a medical withdrawal and then try to heal and then attempt uni again. Thats what I did. The worst thing you can do other than suicide is dropping out imo.

L

lookingforsanctuary

Experienced
May 14, 2023
Have you told your tutor or somebody at your university?

Float On Okay

Float On Okay

I won’t be okay.
May 13, 2020
I'm taking a break for that reason. I think you should do the same, and attempt to improve your mental health to where you'll be able to handle college.

L

LittleJem

Visionary
Jul 3, 2019
which country are you in? I would say you need medication to be motivated. Have you tried wellbrutin? As it boosts energy/dopamine. Apparently it combines well with lexapro. I'm about ten days in and I can get out of bed again and function better.

Is there anyone you can call on to support you to get help/make decisions about what to do? I find it hard to think straight with depression.

N

NekoHime2

May 15, 2023
same, never was a good student but i was decent, nowadays even if deadlines are coming up (finals in a month) i dont feel the urge or need or desperation to do something. It takes me so much energy and effort to get out of bed and do anything besides buy groceries, let alone sit down for 1hr and study.

• Hugs
Reactions: No_Lxve