• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

B

bessops1976

Feb 1, 2023
So I tried the charcoal carbon monoxide method. I failed and I don't know why, I sealed my small downstairs w/c with liners and gaffer tape, all areas that would let in fresh air, burned a good amount of lump charcoal until it was still red but not smoking, transferred to a fire proof bucket and placed into the room. I had taken a couple of benzos to calm me and slightly sedate me, settled into the room ensuring the seals were good and tight, everything seemed fine. I put in a couple of cushions and something soft for me to lay on, listened to some music on my headphones thinking it would be over. This was around midnight. I dozed off pretty quickly, I had some bizarre dreams and then at 4:30am, I woke. Dazed and unsteady, sore throat, painful head but very much alive. Realised it just wasn't going to work, by then the peak co2 ppm I imagine would have dipped, and so I abandoned the attempt fearing it may just disable me. I was also weak and wasn't thinking right so went off to bed. I woke a few hours later, throat still sore, head still painful but otherwise I didn't cause myself any real harm. It wasn't at any time painful but my fit bit detected a very elevated heart rate around 2am - 3am so I must have just narrowly missed out on catching that bus. Mental health services found out after the therapist raised concerns as I was 'quiet' during our session earlier that day and the question around my 'capacity' raised. Psychiatrist was sent to my home with a member of the cmht who saw evidence of my attempt. Oddly, despite the threat of a mental health act assessment I was left home alone. I was quite evasive with answering too many questions. I had a phone call from the police asking if I intended on harming myself. I replied "no" (of course) they said they'd arrange for someone from the mental health team to call and I had to take the call. I thankfully didn't get a call. I think I've narrowly escaped admission due to services misaligning and messages getting crossed. I am now contemplating what to do next. I had an attempt in January which resulted in me breaking a bone in my foot which was also poorly handled. I overdosed on an awful lot of drugs and fell whilst attempting to ligature... I am clearly not capable of terminating my life and that in itself is depressing, never mind the bipolar and ASD they diagnosed me with

• Aww..
Reactions: foxseeking, the_path_of_sorrows, StressedRedhead23 and 3 others
Tonight634

Tonight634

Aug 24, 2020
I have tried this method although i didn't bother waiting for the smoke to go out and lit it up in my kitchen right away, elevated heart rate and dizziness came in about 30 minutes and i felt like i was about to doze off quickly, then i panicked and ran out, but i believe i was pretty close to actually catching the bus, didn't have any co meter or anything tho….maybe if you lit it up indoors right away you would've caught the bus…I remember it being smokey but nothing one couldn't handle…Anyways I'm so sorry it didn't work out for you, you're so brave for actually staying in the room….

Reactions: foxseeking
Rumi

Rumi

Experienced
Mar 29, 2023
Waking up after failing sounds horrific, I'm sorry you experienced that.

It seems like you did everything right, other than using a chimney starter. I may attempt this method in a couple of weeks if my other method fails, but I keep hearing stories like yours and it it is sowing seeds of doubt in my mind.

Other than using a chimney starter, increasing the quantity of charcoal and attempting inside of a tent or car might increase the success rate. Although there plenty examples of people CTBing this way with minimal preparation, so it seems like luck is involved too.

Reactions: foxseeking and Tonight634
befree

befree

Time to do more enjoyable things _____Goodbye_____
Mar 22, 2022
burned a good amount of lump charcoal .....transferred to a fire proof bucket
It sounds like you didn´t use a proven guide and didn´t use the right equipment.

Please read my post dated July 4th, 2022:

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
That sounds so horrible what you've been through, I hate how difficult it is to die in this cruel, hellish world.

Reactions: whats_the_point
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
What's a small downstairs w/c?

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
W/C = water closet = bathroom
Ahhhhh.........got it. Remember girl, I'm just an American and not familiar with some old-world terminology. :hihi:

Reactions: StressedRedhead23
B

bessops1976

Feb 1, 2023
So, almost two weeks after this attempt I have been detained under the mental health act for 'up to 28 days'. I'm 3 days in and it's just dreadful. It's making me feel more determined to try this method again, but do it in a tent instead. I cannot believed I have been detained - their excuse for not detaining me sooner: 'lack of beds in psychiatric facilities'. I kept my head down, but strangely, the night before they came to assess and remove me from my home I had the urge to attempt again. I was tired and decided to get some rest instead. Now I'm being loaded with drugs I don't want, but cannot refuse as I am legally held. If I refuse treatment it will only result in a longer detention, but I don't feel hopeful I will be out much before the 28 days. I have appealed and instructed a solicitor (lawyer) but I'm afraid successful appeals are quite low. In addition, this attempt has been deemed as 'high intent and high possibility of succeeding'. I can't stand it here, but I'm going to need to keep my head down to get home - then try carbon monoxide again!

• Hugs
  • Wow
Reactions: foxseeking, undecided, Siderly and 1 other person
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@bessops1976 I'm very sorry for you being detained under the mental health act. I personally chose the CO method for my self when the point for the final exit is reached. That's definitely sth to be worried about when it is not successful. I hope you are released asap, the drugs they stuff into you do not solve the problem in anyway. Stay strong! Wish you all the best!!

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
I failed at charcoal burning as well. I felt that I got very close too since I shit myself. I've thought about trying again but I think I'll try a different method instead.
Sorry to hear they're holding you against your will. You'll get through this.

Reactions: foxseeking and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
@DeathSleep may I ask why you think you failed? ofc only answer if you want to.

DeathSleep

DeathSleep

Unstable Potato
May 25, 2023
@DeathSleep may I ask why you think you failed? ofc only answer if you want to.
I did it in my car. I should've used something to help me sleep. Maybe that would've helped. I think, in hindsight, the buildup of CO was too rapid. I was going in and out of consciousness with evidence that I was flailing about because I knocked the coals over. Just kept gasping for air which is a really weird feeling when you're still breathing fine. SI got the best of me. My body wanted the air outside the car so bad. I got out and couldn't stand. Just laid in the snow gasping for air. I got back in the car because I hate that I'm a quitter. Only to get back out a short time after.

• Aww..
Reactions: foxseeking, StressedRedhead23 and Praestat_Mori
B

bessops1976

Feb 1, 2023
I failed at charcoal burning as well. I felt that I got very close too since I shit myself. I've thought about trying again but I think I'll try a different method instead.
Sorry to hear they're holding you against your will. You'll get through this.
I overdosed on a huge amount of drugs and also shit myself, I was unable to function for two days. I had horrific tremors in my hands and was really rather unwell. I would never do that again. However, I'm struggling to think of alternatives. Co just feels like it's a bit more peaceful, after all, many people have accidentally gassed themselves to death. At least I have my phone and iPad to try to pass the time, but they really haven't paid any attention to my autistic traits. It's just so noisy. I really am miserable. They won't deter me from trying again, but I do need to convince them I'm well enough to go home. Sadly they think I'm a very capable individual who can talk themselves out of most things. 11 days before they came to take me away, I didn't even do anything harmful to myself in that time. The mental health system in the UK proves to be moronic and ineffective in many areas....

Reactions: foxseeking and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
mhmm just guessing, if someone takes drugs, benzos, opioids or what ever to make them tranquilized, the normal breaths may slow down in the crucial moments when one has to breath in as much CO as needed.

That's why it may happen in many cases that regular people get poisened at night by accident.

Just thinking.

• Informative
Reactions: Tobacco
E

Escapee

Student
Jan 14, 2023
So, almost two weeks after this attempt I have been detained under the mental health act for 'up to 28 days'. I'm 3 days in and it's just dreadful. It's making me feel more determined to try this method again, but do it in a tent instead. I cannot believed I have been detained - their excuse for not detaining me sooner: 'lack of beds in psychiatric facilities'. I kept my head down, but strangely, the night before they came to assess and remove me from my home I had the urge to attempt again. I was tired and decided to get some rest instead. Now I'm being loaded with drugs I don't want, but cannot refuse as I am legally held. If I refuse treatment it will only result in a longer detention, but I don't feel hopeful I will be out much before the 28 days. I have appealed and instructed a solicitor (lawyer) but I'm afraid successful appeals are quite low. In addition, this attempt has been deemed as 'high intent and high possibility of succeeding'. I can't stand it here, but I'm going to need to keep my head down to get home - then try carbon monoxide again!

Don't try the co method it is reliable but if you fail the risk is so high maybe total brain damage.
I read about people who were left with permanent brain damage by co poisionig. It is painless in fact comforting but too risky if you fail. It was my last attempt of ctb you can see my thread bellow to see what my experience with co was like. I was determined to try it again but seeing some co poisoning stories I learned I was lucky to survive without brain damage So I abandoned co method.

Now I have my new method iam quite sure it works and it is not painful. This is the method.

I am doing full suspension in a few days tried it a few times before but couldn't endure the pain. now I will knock my self out with 200 mg propofol before with the noose still on then knock out in a few seconds so I won't feel any thing while I am hanging I will be dead before I know it...

Last edited:
Reactions: Opichi and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

May 21, 2023
... I will knock my self out with 200 mg propofol ...
Well yes then I guess any method is "easy". Thanks for sharing your experience, I'll check it out now.

pollyrolly

pollyrolly

Jun 4, 2023
So I tried the charcoal carbon monoxide method. I failed and I don't know why, I sealed my small downstairs w/c with liners and gaffer tape, all areas that would let in fresh air, burned a good amount of lump charcoal until it was still red but not smoking, transferred to a fire proof bucket and placed into the room. I had taken a couple of benzos to calm me and slightly sedate me, settled into the room ensuring the seals were good and tight, everything seemed fine. I put in a couple of cushions and something soft for me to lay on, listened to some music on my headphones thinking it would be over. This was around midnight. I dozed off pretty quickly, I had some bizarre dreams and then at 4:30am, I woke. Dazed and unsteady, sore throat, painful head but very much alive. Realised it just wasn't going to work, by then the peak co2 ppm I imagine would have dipped, and so I abandoned the attempt fearing it may just disable me. I was also weak and wasn't thinking right so went off to bed. I woke a few hours later, throat still sore, head still painful but otherwise I didn't cause myself any real harm. It wasn't at any time painful but my fit bit detected a very elevated heart rate around 2am - 3am so I must have just narrowly missed out on catching that bus. Mental health services found out after the therapist raised concerns as I was 'quiet' during our session earlier that day and the question around my 'capacity' raised. Psychiatrist was sent to my home with a member of the cmht who saw evidence of my attempt. Oddly, despite the threat of a mental health act assessment I was left home alone. I was quite evasive with answering too many questions. I had a phone call from the police asking if I intended on harming myself. I replied "no" (of course) they said they'd arrange for someone from the mental health team to call and I had to take the call. I thankfully didn't get a call. I think I've narrowly escaped admission due to services misaligning and messages getting crossed. I am now contemplating what to do next. I had an attempt in January which resulted in me breaking a bone in my foot which was also poorly handled. I overdosed on an awful lot of drugs and fell whilst attempting to ligature... I am clearly not capable of terminating my life and that in itself is depressing, never mind the bipolar and ASD they diagnosed me with
I've tried this method too and failed, my aunt found me and stopped me, i will try this again but this time i will do this right

R

Readytogo246

Student
Jun 4, 2023
I want to do the Nitrogen and mask method to go, The charcol method sounds like it's easy to run into glitches.

F

ftm68_99

May 4, 2023
Don't try the co method it is reliable but if you fail the risk is so high maybe total brain damage.
I read about people who were left with permanent brain damage by co poisionig. It is painless in fact comforting but too risky if you fail. It was my last attempt of ctb you can see my thread bellow to see what my experience with co was like. I was determined to try it again but seeing some co poisoning stories I learned I was lucky to survive without brain damage So I abandoned co method.

Now I have my new method iam quite sure it works and it is not painful. This is the method.

I am doing full suspension in a few days tried it a few times before but couldn't endure the pain. now I will knock my self out with 200 mg propofol before with the noose still on then knock out in a few seconds so I won't feel any thing while I am hanging I will be dead before I know it...
How did you get the profolol (sp?)