• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

B

bungalow13

Oct 22, 2023
Anyone know how long exposure to the cold and damp, time takes for hypothermia to set in. Also how long before organ shut down? Could I take something to ease the survival instinct response.

supergip

supergip

A strange person.
May 13, 2023
Why do you want hypothermia CTB? There are better ways. But answering your question, I'm sorry, I don't know.

B

bungalow13

Oct 22, 2023
I'm only relaxed outdoors. Any methods are welcome, but gotta be out in wilderness for me.
I'm only relaxed outdoors. Any methods are welcome, but gotta be out in wilderness for me. Thanks for the response. If you have details of effective CBT without inhaling gases or poisons.

Last edited:
I Can't Say

I Can't Say

Oct 21, 2023
Highly variable. There's a section in Geo Stone's book (link in the resource compilation thread). Basically, when your core temperature gets down to 80F, you're comatose, but people have been revived from much colder temperatures than that, and died at warmer ones. You're not going to enjoy the process. If you go with alcohol to blunt the SI, it may help you lose heat faster, but ironically it may also prevent heart fibrillation and keep you alive longer.

A

Arcitect

Oct 22, 2023
I heard if you start feeling hot while its really cold outside then your internal body temperature has sunk below the external outdoor temperature. Basically, that's bad. I also heard snow is an insulator, because snow freezes at 32F or 0C, but it can be very much colder outdoors. Meaning, if its 0F outside it could be anywhere from 0F to 32F in snow.

If you want to lose heat faster, soak yourself in water. Being cold and wet is actually very dangerous. Wear cotton because it takes a loooong time to dry. Basically, what happens is the water requires energy to evaporate, so when it evaporates it takes some of your heat (energy) to transform from liquid to gas. But humidity also effects how fast water evaporates, the higher the humidity, the less room there is in the air for the water to go, so it evaporates slower. So, I'd say if you REALLLY wanted this method, choose a cold, dry, windy day. Wear cotton clothes and bring a few gallons of water with you.

I'm no scientist though and I haven't tested this but maybe look into all that.

Last edited:
B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Anyone know how long exposure to the cold and damp, time takes for hypothermia to set in. Also how long before organ shut down? Could I take something to ease the survival instinct response.
As someone basically being forced into that. Don't recommend so many simpler ways to do it.

B

bungalow13

Oct 22, 2023
It's not in my dna to poison, hang or expose my self to carbonoxide poisoning.
Open to suggestions.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
This is the same method that I have proposed for some time, exposing myself to the weather or in a cold place. Really, at home (around January), I have a really bad time at night, when I sleep, with normal temperatures of +18ºC in the room.. it seems that the head loses its mind (and if you touch your forehead it is very cold) , plus my body temperature drops to just over +35ºC.

If I go outside during the day I tend to have chest pains and body tingling along with a lot of sleep (and I'm talking about normal January temperatures, about +10ºC). Also severe nausea.
I can't help but get bluish fingers and blue-gray nails (and lips look purple).

This doesn't happen to the people around me, I don't know why it does to me. So for a long time I thought that if I wanted to do the CTB it was as simple as spending the night in the middle of the city and goodbye.
But I still haven't planned anything or gotten serious about it (and in the short term I'd say I won't).

//

Aquest és el mateix métode que jo m'he proposat de fa temps, exposar-me a la intempérie o en un lloc fred. Realment, a casa (cap al Gener), ho passo força malament a la nit, quan dormo, amb temperatures normals de 18ºC a l'habitació.. sembla que el cap perd la raó (i si et toques el front està molt fred), a més que la temperatura del cos em baixa a poc més de 35ºC.

Si surto de día al carrer acostumo a tenir dolors al pit y formigueig al cos junt amb molta son (y parlo de temperatures normals de Gener, sobre uns 10ºC positius). També fortes nàusees.
No puc evitar que s'em posin els dits blavosos i les ungles de color blau-grises (i els llavis semblen morats).

Això no li pasa a la gent del meu voltant, no se perqué a mi si. Així que fa temps que vaig pensar que si volia fer el CTB era tan simple com passar la nit al ras al bell mig de la ciutat i adéu-siau.
Però encara no tinc planificat res ni m'hi he posat seriosament (i a curt termini diría que no ho faré pas).

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@bungalow13

You can have a look at this method:

Reactions: Dead Ghost
ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
Living way up north and having been exposed to the elements, I can say it's not a fun time sober. But it could be more bearable in freezing water.