dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove 𓆩♡𓆪
Mar 22, 2023
I know this sounds like your typical psych ward patient behavior, but I'm not talking about something bad happening, wether it's big or small, that pushes me to the point I want to bruise myself (since I don't cut myself, that's not how I sh) or anything impulsive or similar out of pure frustration or exasperation. It usually happens when I'm already overwhelmed for hours and overthinking or with several inconveniences already making my feelings sensitive, bonus points of something genuinely bad happens that day. It makes me meditate and consider doing something bigger in terms of hurting myself for the following days, specially if it has to do with me reconsidering making a ctb attempt that will fail on purpose to feel like my feet are stumbling the cliff that leads to death you know, something that makes me feel close to death.

anyone else?

• Hugs
Reactions: Riu
Riu

Riu

Clueless
Apr 5, 2023
Is there something you can do during those times that can help you calm down? Maybe listening to your favorite music? I think everyone can feel so overwhelmed and stressed sometimes we need to have a little escape from reality and have time only for ourselves. It can be anything, drawing, listening to music, going for a walk, even just drinking a warm cup of tea, anything that can help you relax, it doesn't have to solve all your problems, but at least it gives you a little break.

I hope things get better for you, just remember that there's always at least one person on this blue planet that cares about you. :hug:

• Love
Reactions: dra1ncoreslwt
Upvote 0
borderline-feline

borderline-feline

Constantly Sleepy Catgirl
Dec 28, 2022
That's more common than you might think. When people are too overwhelmed and aren't sufficiently able to deal with their emotions due to the intensity, self-harm is a common way of channeling that energy to try and get some kind of relief. I do it all the time when I have meltdowns.

Reactions: Riu
Upvote 0
september

september

Apr 15, 2023
As said above, many people resort to methods similar to yours to "take the edge off" per se. Self-harm is a topic where people will usually be really divisive, as the people who do not SH do not understand the relief it can give when you are in a distressed (or worse) state. I self harmed via cutting for years and it has only had drawbacks, so take that as you will. The scars do not easily fade, so bruising could be considered safer.

The only way around it is finding things that can help you feel comforted or relieved. I do not SH as often as I did a few years ago through finding other means of comfort, some being healthy and quite a few others unhealthy. Drugs can help tide you by if you know what you're taking and do your own research/testing.

I hope things can get better for you and try to not feel guilt in SH. If you wish to continue, know your limits, because when you are in a very emotional state it is easy to do a lot more harm to yourself than you think.
Only thing I can advise directly is trying to confide in something comforting/calming when things get too much for you (if possible). Whether that be through hobbies or a form of talking is your choice.

• Love
Reactions: dra1ncoreslwt
Upvote 0
dra1ncoreslwt

dra1ncoreslwt

tove 𓆩♡𓆪
Mar 22, 2023
That's more common than you might think. When people are too overwhelmed and aren't sufficiently able to deal with their emotions due to the intensity, self-harm is a common way of channeling that energy to try and get some kind of relief. I do it all the time when I have meltdowns.
that's exactly what I *dont* feel though. I don't want to self harm when things start to go down, I wanna do the extreme, well thought, planned and meditated. that's why I find it less common than anything I've observed before

Upvote 0