H

Hahem

Knows too much
Feb 4, 2023
Even when you are among the best, there will always be someone better than you. Even when you try your hardest, no one recognizes your efforts, there is no support whatsoever

There is no encouragement, just more criticism and expectations about you. You just never get there, and it all feels so lonely and bleak

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Forever Sleep, Unknown21 and 1 other person
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Life is pointless. We are here to slave away for the 1% and breed and raise more slaves.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, rejected and Praestat_Mori
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I've found this too. And what is the best case scenario? Accomplishing some miracle and then being given temporary approval for a thing you have done, rather than who you are.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and rejected
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It's very true that existence is something so hopeless and dreadful, there really is no real relief from suffering in this cruel world.

Reactions: lostinmythoughts
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
You can try as hard as you want, anything in life always needs a grain of luck. If that is missing, there's nothing one can do against it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
G

Goodgirlryeo101

Wizard
May 27, 2023
Someone better at what exactly?? Comparison is a truly thief of joy. That's why there is the Bill Gates, The Rihannas all these billionaires if you come to think of how great their life is you will never be truly happy. I realised that the last time I was truly happy was when I had the worst job (on paper) … I did that job whilst getting my degree and truly even though the job wasn't great I was very happy. I'm happy to complete ctb because I have been mentally abused to the extreme on and off since 2018 and my I'm already dead inside. Honestly I wish I had a gun and I would have pulled the trigger already and I'm just tired of everything and life. I truly despise living and everything that involves with living…

Sulli I get you how you felt suicide was the only escape after being cyber bullied for years just because you were different.

Ashley I know that hater who cyber bullied you too and you felt the only way to escape this missy was suicide.

People like pushing you to the limit and when you snap back oh you are the terrible one. Huh

Last edited:
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I want to write something reassuring but it's likely to come across like nauseating platitudes... I guess you can just ignore it if it pisses you off...

What would happen if you reached the pinnacle of your skills? Where would you go from there? We actually do need to fail in order to learn and improve. If everything was easy and we could accomplish everything without putting in any effort- would it be that rewarding at all?

In terms of hard slog for little reward. Yes- I really feel you on this. I've given so much to my creative 'career' but there are just some things I know I'll always struggle with. I just don't have the aptitude for it. All I can do is find ways around those things and try and emphasize the things I'm better at. Very few people are good at absolutely everything. You probably have strengths and weaknesses like most. Some of your strengths will be better than others.

I think we kind of have to accept our limitations sometimes too- not be limited by them all together but- be realistic. If you're not good enough to be an olympic swimmer, an astronaught, a brain surgeon- maybe set your sights slightly lower- otherwise- you're just constantly setting yourself up for failure and disappointment. I guess most of us are in the average to slightly above average bracket. Doesn't mean you can't still enjoy SOME succcess- maybe just not what you dreamed when you were at school and they lied to you saying all you needed was to work hard.

Plus- I'd say- really work out what YOU want from life. Some things may look good on paper or when you tell people your job title. Still- I've found that companies that have a good reputation have been awful to work for. And yeah- it can sound impressive to say you're Head of a Department but the actual job can be so stressful and make you feel utterly miserable. It depends on your personality really but, I've always liked being a big fish- or- more like- a medium sized fish in a little pond. These big companies can carry such prestige but working for them can make you literally feel like plankton. Quite often- they're just really cold and ruthless.

Anyhow- maybe that has all just been really annoying. I'm sorry if it has. I didn't mean to undermine what you are feeling and you probably know all that crap already. I'm sorry you are so under appreciated. I hope something happens to make them realise how much you have given to them. (I don't mean you CTB by the way- although- of course- that's up to you. More like them having a complete mad panic on while you are on holiday or something... serve them right.)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hahem, Huntfish34 and Praestat_Mori