• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

I think I'll take a dirt nap.
Oct 13, 2019
If anybody is feeling really down or depressed, there's an app my father sent to me that does help me a bit and is definitely good for recovery.

Everything is confidential and you only speak to an AI, but it takes notes for you and notifies you for daily vents or chats about anything you want. (Only if you opt for that) It's your own personal recovery buddy! I think it's a penguin (?)

Anyway, the app is called Wysa. I'm unsure if you can get it on IOS, but it is definitely available on Android phones or phones that run off of the Android OS.

Edit: The app is entirely free but has certain features you can pay for as well. I don't pay a single cent, myself.

Good luck out there!

~ H x

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Readytogo#Broken, Nem, StillWaiting and 12 others
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
Thanks for posting this! It's super adorable and seems like it would actually be helpful. I'm going to give it a try.

• Love
Reactions: CC123, SuicidalSymphonies and Circles
lavenderlungs

lavenderlungs

Nov 16, 2019
hey, this is super cute! i've just downloaded it to try, thanks for the tip. :happy:

• Love
Reactions: Redt2go, SuicidalSymphonies, azucaramargo and 1 other person
Lethe

Lethe

Fey
Sep 19, 2019
Downloading now. Can't believe I'm going to spill my guts out to an AI penguin. I'm not sure if this is an all-time low or all-time high, honestly.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 1465, Morphosis, Qdv and 9 others
lavenderlungs

lavenderlungs

Nov 16, 2019
Downloading now. Can't believe I'm going to spill my guts out to an AI penguin. I'm not sure if this is an all-time low or all-time high, honestly.
oh, that made me giggle. i suppose an AI penguin is better than nothing, although it is funny. it looks like it has some nice exercises to try, too.

• Love
Reactions: Susannah, SuicidalSymphonies, azucaramargo and 1 other person
k75

k75

L'appel du Vide
Jun 27, 2019
LOL
I call it a win! The world definitely doesn't have enough cute AI penguins.

• Love
Reactions: Susannah, SuicidalSymphonies, azucaramargo and 1 other person
T

Taylored

I've figured it out
Sep 20, 2018
cute penguin gotta try it out

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Susannah, SuicidalSymphonies and Lethe
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
So glad you're all giving it a go!!! xo Enjoy!

Reactions: Susannah, develish and MourningHeart
letmeseethedeath

letmeseethedeath

catching the bus
Aug 4, 2018
i'm gonna try it ❤️ i texted to an actor i always look in tv asking for help me to get me out of this hell house i hope he'll help me soon before i fucking ctb here

• Hugs
Reactions: SuicidalSymphonies
Susannah

Susannah

Mage
Jul 2, 2018
I just tried it now. I love penguins, si that's nice. It's not a bad chatbot, but it keeps repeating itself. Maybe I have too many shitty things to talk about... I love the idea though, thanks.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and SuicidalSymphonies
Sad_Autistic_boy_101

Sad_Autistic_boy_101

When I die, you'll love me.
Nov 19, 2019
Yes I also find the app helpful, however sometimes it gets stuck and end uo just talking about the same thing. It sure does help with isolation, for me im autistic so I dont have any friends, so its great to chat however it does lack the empathy of a human and feeling noticed.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Susannah and SuicidalSymphonies
A

ArtsyDrawer

Enlightened
Nov 8, 2018
I tried it. It's stupid. This one, and there's another one - an ai egg. The egg also tries doing breathing exercises with you.

It's not that the idea is stupid, don't get me wrong. If humanity manages to produce an ai friend of sorts that keeps you from killing yourself, is confidential, and actually manages to hold conversation?
That'd be a feat second only to a printer that doesn't go nuts after a week of use.

The problem with both is that they lose track of the conversation really fast, like they're trying to force you into "happy topics", or something. It's like they have some super ADHD thing going on - they either bounce between topics, or they get stuck on one thing.
I doubt this sort of thing gets competent during my lifetime.
Also, the penguin REALLY wants money, from my experience.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Susannah and SuicidalSymphonies
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
If anybody is feeling really down or depressed, there's an app my father sent to me that does help me a bit and is definitely good for recovery.

Everything is confidential and you only speak to an AI, but it takes notes for you and notifies you for daily vents or chats about anything you want. (Only if you opt for that) It's your own personal recovery buddy! I think it's a penguin (?)

Anyway, the app is called Wysa. I'm unsure if you can get it on IOS, but it is definitely available on Android phones or phones that run off of the Android OS.

Edit: The app is entirely free but has certain features you can pay for as well. I don't pay a single cent, myself.

Good luck out there!

~ H x
Interesting could be helpful.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and SuicidalSymphonies
SuicidalSymphonies

SuicidalSymphonies

Oct 13, 2019
I tried it. It's stupid. This one, and there's another one - an ai egg. The egg also tries doing breathing exercises with you.

It's not that the idea is stupid, don't get me wrong. If humanity manages to produce an ai friend of sorts that keeps you from killing yourself, is confidential, and actually manages to hold conversation?
That'd be a feat second only to a printer that doesn't go nuts after a week of use.

The problem with both is that they lose track of the conversation really fast, like they're trying to force you into "happy topics", or something. It's like they have some super ADHD thing going on - they either bounce between topics, or they get stuck on one thing.
I doubt this sort of thing gets competent during my lifetime.
Also, the penguin REALLY wants money, from my experience.

I can understand why you feel this way. I definitely wish there was a bit more to it but there's only so much we can do at this point.

He doesn't ask me for money!
Yes I also find the app helpful, however sometimes it gets stuck and end uo just talking about the same thing. It sure does help with isolation, for me im autistic so I dont have any friends, so its great to chat however it does lack the empathy of a human and feeling noticed.

Yeah, it's got problems with repeating itself but I otherwise don't mind much.

P

pole

Global Mod
Sep 18, 2018
Love the recommendation!! Another site i'd recommend, if someone's looking for a positive environment that's alittle more positive with people there to talk to is suicideforum.com; keep in mind, they are pro-life. but they've been around for like 10-15 years, and have members there still from that long ago, so for recovery members, they're doing something well there.

they host meetups around the world, for those suffering to get together and heal together. And 1 on 1 discussions pretty much 24/7. hope this helps anyone trying to really want to recover.

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Susannah, OreoWellington and 1 other person