Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
Are you new to hanging? Or maybe just trying to find out if hanging is the right method for you? This reading guide has you covered! This is your one stop shop to both partial suspension hanging and full suspension hanging.

This is a reading guide to the guides I published on this forum so far. I will arrange the guides in the order you should read them. I highly recommend you read them all.

With this, I guarantee you will find out whether or not hanging is right for you and, if it is a good fit, you'll have all the knowledge you need to hang yourself like an expert.

Unfortunately I can't edit the original post, so in case of future updates check the replies below.

With all that out the way, let's begin!

1) Learn about a simple experiment you can do to know what a successful partial suspension hanging feels like:

2) Learn from how others have managed to kill themselves with partial suspension hanging:

Editor's note: At the moment of writing, I didn't publish any written guide on partial suspension hanging specifically, since for the vast majority of people it just won't work. But it follows a lot of the same principles of full suspension hanging, so you can read the guides below to get an idea on how partial suspension hanging should be done. Particularly, look at step 6 of this guide.

3) Once the frustration from partial suspension hanging sets in, learn about how it feels to kill yourself with full suspension hanging:

4) Learn all the basics of full suspension hanging:

5) Learn about suitable anchor points for full suspension hanging available to anyone:

6) Learn about common mistakes in hanging and how to avoid them (valid also for partial suspension hanging):

7) Learn some important information on hanging:

Hope this is a good source of information to everyone! May you all find peace in your journey!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: BirdWithoutWings, Worndown, exitingtothevoid and 7 others
N

NaturalSelection

Feb 20, 2023
why advise against placing the knot near adam's apple ?
Because putting the knot behind the neck cruch the wind pipe. There is way more pain this way. I suppose that puting the knot bellow the chin is not good to fully compress carotids ?

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
why advise against placing the knot near adam's apple ?
Because putting the knot behind the neck cruch the wind pipe. There is way more pain this way. I suppose that puting the knot bellow the chin is not good to fully compress carotids ?
The carotid arteries are most exposed on the top of the neck, above the Adam's apple, near the hyoid bone.

Yes, unfortunately the windpipe will always be affected, if you want to compress the carotids properly. There's no way around it.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: NaturalSelection
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I just found out that a successful partial suspension hanging attempt requires you to collapse your windpipe, which is similar to holding your breath. You can easily collapse your windpipe by relaxing your neck muscles.
Previously I used to think that partial suspension hanging is noisy (since you will breathe heavily), but actually, it's silent since you can't breathe.
I found out how to collapse my windpipe by tying a noose, putting it around my neck and pulling it upwards after relaxing my neck muscles: I could feel this technique working.

Maybe collapsing your windpipe is not what's really happening, but you're definitely obstructing your airway.

Please share your thoughts on this. I'm eager to hear what you think.

Last edited:
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
It's not the windpipe that gets collapsed, my bad. What really happens is that your hyoid bone obstructs your airway.

I just tried this right now and I'll try to describe it as best as I can. So, I tied a noose knot on a bathrobe belt, put it around my neck and then I slowly pulled it upwards using my hands. I made sure to relax the muscles of the neck to avoid pinching them (I just mentally release all tension from the neck muscles). Next, I just pulled hard upwards until I could feel the upper part of my airway blocking my ability to breathe (if you imagine the airway like a tube, imagine it being compressed on the upper part). I tried to go a few seconds like that and I could hear echoes and I could feel it working, but I just couldn't handle being out of breath... I mean, out of breath and uncapable of breathing. It's very very similar to the experiment I posted about some time ago, where you pull the rope upwards while pinching your nose.

I imagine that's how partial suspension hanging works, since in the videos I posted a lot of them have agonal breathing. The only reason I can't go through with it is because it's not as reliable as full suspension hanging. But yeah, it's more uncomfortable than painful.

Last edited:
Reactions: GuessWhosBack