GentleJerk

GentleJerk

Carrot juice pimp.
Dec 14, 2021
People actually think that if euthanasia was more widely available then there would be lines a mile long for the suicide clinic and everybody would ctb over the slightest problem? I think this is ridiculous. It's the same argument people use against legalizing drugs. But if we look at places where this has happened, like for instance the Netherlands where heroin addicts can now get their drugs legally- we see that it does not promote drug use whatsoever. It lowers the rates of addiction, and simply removes the criminal element and dangers involved with having an illegal drug habit. It benefits the entire society.

My point is, let those people who truly have a strong resolve to end their own lives have access to a peaceful reliable method. It's only a very small minority and if they want to do it, then clearly they don't have an acceptable quality of life. It's easy as someone with serious illness to think that some deserve to have this right, but other people's reasons may not be good enough.

But no. It is unfair on every person who has hanged themself, put a gun in their mouth, or jumped in front of a train. They deserved better.

Reactions: 9BBN and Crazy4u
Hirokami

Hirokami

Out of order
Feb 21, 2021
I support that notion. Why should the terminally ill suffer just to eventually perish in agony? Why should those with treatment-resistant mental illnesses go through the same torment day by day? Why should anyone suffer for a life they did not ask for? If no one chooses to be born, they should have the choice to exit in the most humane and peaceful way possible.

• Love
Reactions: Amumu and 9BBN
DEATH IS FREEDOM

DEATH IS FREEDOM

Death is the solution to unsolvable problems.
Sep 13, 2023
We should all have the right to euthanasia. The politicians should not have the power over my death. It is my suffering and my choice. It is my life and my choice. It is my death and my choice.