• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

escape_from_hell

escape_from_hell

Experienced
Feb 22, 2024
Yes, this does make a lot of sense. I thought about it more also and realised that psychopaths and narcissists must actually be able to read some emotions- they likely get their power trips from seeing people distressed. 😬

I guess I have my own bias that emotional intelligence is always this nice thing. Empaths that love everyone and feel their pain. Not so nice for them of course but- yeah, I suppose there must be different types and different levels.

Do you think it's an inherrited thing or, do you think we learn it? I certainly think there are certain health conditions which can affect it. I've even heard of someone who's character entirely changed following a stroke.
I think there is definitely a genetic component, but that it can change under certain circumstances.
I wish it could be 'learned' as life would be way better as a psychopath. Being saddled with pathetic emotions is a huge curse in the dog-eat-dog world. There is no doubt that 'high-functioning' psychopaths have the opportunity for much better quality of life.
Well, the separate component is probably linked to guilt/shame. I am aware I could make evil and harmful choices intentionally to get ahead, but am only able to do such choices if I essentially have no choice i.e. would have horrible consequences/death if I "did the right thing" by others.
Getting rid of feeling bad about being an evil piece of shit is key. In that case, the cognitive empathy is indeed a huge asset.
There may be some drugs that help. Rage/hatred can help overpower guilt but it highly impractical and disorienting.

Reactions: Forever Sleep